Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #43
JefemanG

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrew View Post
I find myself in a similar boat - I'm considering a 1SS or a 2SS at the moment. The 2SS extras do it for me and the money difference isn't that big a deal to me. But I hate the thought of buying one tomorrow and seeing all sorts of MY end deals come out. I'm interested in a convertible 2SS with the MRC and performance exhaust. Which I can find all day long in the colors I want within a reasonable driving distance of home. Other than the $1000 locality discount, there does not seem to be any GM incentives. I'm guessing this will change when the 19s start to hit. Anyone have a sense of that date?
Like 50 said, check around July 4th. That or wait until Fall/Winter when they have the huge discounts.
JefemanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:02 PM   #44
danbrew

Drives: 18 2SS A8
Thanks gang. Can y’all help me quantify “huge”? The 20% stickers I’ve read about? 20% of what? Invoice? Or sticker?
danbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:47 AM   #45
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
The 20% off usually applies to the MSRP of old inventory of less-desirable models and/or ones that have been sitting around a long time - some a year or more - like base Malibus, some Equinoxes, the last Z/28 and ‘17 Corvettes. It’s unlikely you’ll find 20% off a Camaro, even if there are any ‘18s left this fall. Your best deal will come when incentives are high, like they were around Memorial Day, but you really have to be diligent about tracking them down. Chevy doesn’t always promote them very heavily, and the dealers want to keep the rebates for themselves, so your best approach is to grab a salesperson and say, “OK, with all the incentives that are available now, I think I’m in a position to do a deal on a Camaro. Let’s go through the list of everything that’s available.” That’s exactly how I found out about the $2,000 Conquest incentive that was available - he thought I already knew about it when I hit the lot.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote