Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-13-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Getting antsy, next mod coming soon.

Hopefully in the next 2-3 months I can pull the trigger on the next mod, I have literally went back and forth over which version to go with and I think I finally made a decision this week after talking with the shop that will handle the tuning and install (if I dont do the install myself).

Gonna go with a ProCharger D-1sc with the Race BOV, a friend has this same setup on his C7 Corvette with the Z51 package and before adding the meth system on it made 620rwhp, once the meth system is in place he is hoping to be around 640rwhp.

I am on the fence though since I already have the 1LE and with that the ZL1 in-tank pump if I want to go ahead and install the LT4 injectors and high side pump. Shop said I dont need them, in the back of my mind I think it would give me more room and keep the current fuel system from being near or at its limit.

Anyone else in here running the PC D-1sc on their Camaro SS, how are you liking it so far?
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
JimW

Drives: 2011 Camaro
I'm waiting to install my F1-A-94 on my zl1 .. antsy also

You should consider a D1X cost a little more but more efficient. Link below showing differences.

https://www.procharger.com/blog/welc...on-p1x-and-d1x
Old 01-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
TJay74

I considered it, the shop I am more than likely going with mainly does PC installs and has the record for the fastest C7 on a PC setup right now. He said for how stock I am staying the return on investment would only be around 50rwhp for the $250 the upgrade costs.

If I am going to spend the money now I am debating if the LT4 upgrades will be enough to get me to where I can still run E85 for the extra increase it will give on a FI setup.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #4
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
You should consider a D1X cost a little more but more efficient. Link below showing differences.

https://www.procharger.com/blog/welc...on-p1x-and-d1x
Agreed! Small price to pay to have the latest and greatest.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #5
Swagger
DaWolfOfAllStreets

Drives: 17 C Coupe, 17 1LE, 16 Scion iA
D1X... Do that for sure bro
Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #6
DevBlackSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Exact spot im in with the fuel upgrades. I really want them to run e85 but I dont know if i can. The meth injection gave me a huge boost and woke the car up big time, but I want to run e85 now and just use the meth for cooling this summer :/
Old 01-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #7
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
I am on the fence though since I already have the 1LE and with that the ZL1 in-tank pump if I want to go ahead and install the LT4 injectors and high side pump. Shop said I dont need them, in the back of my mind I think it would give me more room and keep the current fuel system from being near or at its limit.
If you plan to tune it to run E85 you will want the LT4 mechanical pump and injectors to get the extra fuel. If you tune it to run on gas (even race gas) I agree, with your shop guy... you don't need the LT4 high side parts.

What shop are you using?

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #8
TJay74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
If you plan to tune it to run E85 you will want the LT4 mechanical pump and injectors to get the extra fuel. If you tune it to run on gas (even race gas) I agree, with your shop guy... you don't need the LT4 high side parts.

What shop are you using?
AMP is who gave me the best quote so far installed, though I just found a persona locally I know that is a PC dealer and hits quote along with install will save me some considerable money. I am honestly thinking about skipping the black powder coating and the race BOV in order to save some $$$, if I do that it should keep me well under my limit.