Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 06-29-2018, 06:23 PM   #15
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfree11012 View Post
So I went down and picked my gm-650 up today. I am looking forward to installing it with my xmd jl1000X. (5CH amp) and and BIT TEN D. still have a Few more parts to order before I will start the install. but here a pic it the unit and a plug from the guy that I got from (not sure if I can plug him or not but if not plz let me know)Attachment 943672
Very nice, please post pics of the build, and your impressions in the end!

I am not sure if you are using the TOS-link or Analog, but I would run both sets, use one and keep the other tucked away. If there is a problem, this will make the trouble shooting easier to rule out digital vs analog as the cause. These units are great, but not perfect. Just be sure to flash with the most up to date firmware
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:00 AM   #16
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
So it’s unclear if this unit is needed for a non bose tuner.
I would like to run analog amps directly off an interface without a Dsp and keep all factory functionality - Sirius, Apple car play, BT streaming, BT phone

I assuming this unit will accomplish my goal ?
Again. Non bose system. Mid 2016 convertible.

I have speakers and 2 amps just laying around so overall cost still won’t be too bad
Build a sub cabinet and amp mount below it under the top in trunk.
I’m fine running new speaker wire to the door speakers.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:14 AM   #17
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Looks like the NAVTV box dropped in price down to $499...that makes it close in cost to the PAC unit......not sure which is the better of the 2...PAC or NAVTV...I cant seem to find the NAVTV unit for sale other than NAVTV's website..
Old 02-28-2019, 11:25 AM   #18
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
Looks like the NAVTV box dropped in price down to $499...that makes it close in cost to the PAC unit......not sure which is the better of the 2...PAC or NAVTV...I cant seem to find the NAVTV unit for sale other than NAVTV's website..
now that it's about to be obsolete

hopefully they don't take 2 years to reverse engineer components for the ethernet AVB in the 2019's
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:56 AM   #19
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
For the 2019 and beyond crowd..yes.......but i am looking to change the bose amp output summing in to my DSP to either the PAC or NAVTV unit in a month or so when the weather breaks..
Old 04-08-2019, 05:28 PM   #20
BigRed7181

Drives: 2016 2SS Glacier White Convertible
I had a lot of issues installing mine with an Audison bit one alone. It always sounded off. Installed a Nav GM650 and it has fixed everything as well. I am running Hertz mille pro front and rear and an Alpine Type S 10" sub in a custom enclosure built into the drivers side of the trunk. I am running Alpine PDX-F6 and PDX-M12 amplifiers. Sounds amazing.
16 2SS SUMMIT WHITE / NPP / MRC / 6MT / CONVERTIBLE / TINT / SPLITTER / SPLASH GUARDS / WHITE KNEE PADS / WINDSCREEN / BLACK BOW TIES / HASH TAGS / DIODE DYNAMICS / GM SMOKED TAILS / MORIMOTO / ALPINE / HERTZ / BLENTMOUNT
BigRed7181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #21
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Picked up the NavTV unit, waiting to install it along with my HD-Link from Indiwork.
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote