Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-29-2020, 01:12 AM   #29
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
Why did you buy both a LT2 and a MSD?
why not?

i didn't expect to get an LT2 so i bought an msd.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:57 PM   #30
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
why not?

i didn't expect to get an LT2 so i bought an msd.
Oh ok, I want a MSD since I feel that is currently our best option without hood modifications, but they are just so unreasonably expensive and anytime I see one pop up used its instantly gone. My main goal is to try to get into porting and get some porting tools and try to make my own flow bench. I would love to be able to see the pressure drop tests for myself with my own eyes so I would no longer have doubts about what pieces work and what doesn't.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:22 AM   #31
s346k

yeah doing everything ourselves would be ideal. unfortunately i'm not a speed shop, ya know. i should get some good 4th gear stuff this weekend. hope to try this dragy thing out, also. i made a couple 1/8 mi tests with it, but traction is scarce on the street and i had about 200 lb of extra weight in the car. still fun to play with.
Old 03-05-2022, 08:30 PM   #32
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
....'m curious to see what the msd/95 combo does in comparison. still waiting on the msd to show up.
Are you still going to post the comparison of the LT1//LT2/MSD?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 08:43 AM   #33
s346k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Are you still going to post the comparison of the LT1//LT2/MSD?
i probably should. but if we're being honest, at this point i have way too many unidentified logs and don't remember exactly. i can't make an apples to apples comparison of the manifolds as i swapped tbs, as well.

i do recall going over the logs and never seeing the car go above 95 kpa regardless of what combo was on it. i think the inherent design of the air intakes will almost always cause this.

with any luck i will have an over the radiator setup on the car in a couple of months. i really don't see the car going much faster with little things. it's a very basic setup that i feel is at its limit. honestly, i'm surprised it runs like it does given the weight and m6.
Old 03-06-2022, 01:36 PM   #34
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
i probably should. but if we're being honest, at this point i have way too many unidentified logs and don't remember exactly. i can't make an apples to apples comparison of the manifolds as i swapped tbs, as well.

i do recall going over the logs and never seeing the car go above 95 kpa regardless of what combo was on it. i think the inherent design of the air intakes will almost always cause this.

with any luck i will have an over the radiator setup on the car in a couple of months. i really don't see the car going much faster with little things. it's a very basic setup that i feel is at its limit. honestly, i'm surprised it runs like it does given the weight and m6.
Ah those random log files accumulate fast. As much as we all try to give them names and dates, it’s inevitable to have get logs that no attention.

You’re right. At some point the setup is maxed out regardless of IM/TB combo. I know you’ve tried a lot and was hoping to see the final outcome.

As you mentioned in my other thread, OTR would be a great option.

Thanks for the update.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote