Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 09-21-2020, 01:13 PM   #29
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
I had the Vitesse Throttle Controller on my 2010 2SS and have the current version on my 2017 2SS.

Here are my thoughts (hope this proves helpful):

1. First, I absolutely love mine, but wish it were not made in China. If I had known about it then, I probably would have gone for the Pedal Commander.

2. If not properly calibrated after install, the VTC can cause a CEL (neither of mine ever did/has). From the above posts, seems like the Pedal Commander can also drive a CEL.

3. Having many different programmable settings is an advantage of the Pedal Commander, because it will allow you to dial-in the settings that work best for you. Once you have done that, though, you will rarely need to change it. For ME on the VTC, I pretty much stay on SP5, but change it anywhere from SP4-SP6 in daily driving.

4. The VTC does NOT add horsepower, but it does improve (not eliminate) throttle tip-in lag to a degree that you feel a definite improvement. To me, the car definitely FEELS more powerful at the higher settings. But the higher the setting, the more "jumpy" the car feels, making it harder to drive smoothly at low speeds (tooling around a parking lot, leaving a stoplight, etc.).

5. If you drive at WOT regularly, you'll experience a corresponding sensation that the power curve "flattens out" a little early at the top end. I suspect it will be the same with the Pedal Commander.

6. Did I mention that I love mine? Wouldn't be without it.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote