Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

AWE Tuning

Old 07-31-2021, 10:35 PM   #1
thatdudescamaro

Drives: 21 SS 1LE
Michigan Dealer Recommendation

Any got a recommended dealership in the metro Detroit area that any trust to do things from oil changes to performance alignment?
thatdudescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:02 AM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudescamaro View Post
Any got a recommended dealership in the metro Detroit area that any trust to do things from oil changes to performance alignment?
James Martin Chevy...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:39 PM   #3
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
James Martin Chevrolet
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:34 PM   #4
thatdudescamaro

Drives: 21 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
James Martin Chevrolet
Anything special about the dealer? Specific Person should I look for?
thatdudescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:20 AM   #5
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudescamaro View Post
Anything special about the dealer? Specific Person should I look for?
Joe Posby is the key sales guy there. I know you are looking for service, but since Joe and BeckyD (yes, THAT BeckyD, RIP) moved there, they have bent over backwards to support Camaro and Corvette customers. They have also become a great supporter of our Motor City Camaro Club. I have had nothing but great service experiences there, even though it’s mainly been oil changes. I haven’t had a track alignment done, since I drive a convertible and can’t track it.

One Saturday, my car got scratched on the rear quarter, just above the wheel well. Thing is, we were planning to leave a week from Monday to hit Tail of the Dragon then go from there to CamaroFest. I had resigned myself that my car was going to CamaroFest scarred. Tuesday Dave in collision told me to bring it in. It was ready Friday. My insurance company hadn’t even seen the car yet. James Martin Chevrolet understood the importance of having my car ready for CF.

The pictures are as I left them the car on Tuesday and as I picked it up on Friday.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:09 AM   #6
BrandanK

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Joe @ James Martin
BrandanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:37 PM   #7
Redwings1

Drives: 23 ZL1, 22 C8 Sold. 21 LT1 Sold
Do not go to Les Stanford under any circumstance! Took my Camaro in for 500 mile oil change. Curb rash on both drivers side wheels. They denied it. Took calling sales manager to get them to fix it. Took it in to get fixed and they redid the metal and spot painted the wheels gloss black instead of matt black. It had polka dots on both wheels. Refused to fix further. Horrible dealership!
Redwings1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:49 AM   #8
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
I'm late to the thread but avoid Mike Savoie in Troy. The service managers there are very hit and miss.

The last oil change I had them do was in 2015 on my previous Cruze. I had to destroy the drain plug when I did the next oil change because they had overtightened it so badly.
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:22 PM   #9
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
I'm late to the thread but avoid Mike Savoie in Troy. The service managers there are very hit and miss.

The last oil change I had them do was in 2015 on my previous Cruze. I had to destroy the drain plug when I did the next oil change because they had overtightened it so badly.
+1. Actually bought my car from them and recently moved over to the area so they’ve been my dealer or choice. So far *knock on wood* nothing bad has happened to my car.
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 01:41 PM   #10
BundiMan
The Nights Watch

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6 Vert
I have been doing business with Shaheen Chevrolet for over 15 years and had great luck with sales and service department.
TPW 8/23 24 Jul 2021
3400 30 Jul 2021
3800 26 Aug 2021
4000 1 Sep 2021
6000 14 Sep 2021
57 Days from accepted order to delivery.
19 Days from build to delivery.
BundiMan is offline   Reply With Quote