Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Phastek Performance

Old 05-14-2021, 07:21 AM   #29
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Never had service done there. Buy last time I tried to buy a car there it was a nightmare. I attempted to get a quote on a truck there earlier this week just trying to get a price on line. They called 9 times in two days and sent 5 auto replies by email. Never gave a quote but were really wanting to know when it would be a good day and time to stop in.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:22 AM   #30
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Unfortunately the problem is you don't know which ones are good or bad until you have your own personal experience. You can read all the reviews and that dealer may have 5 stars all the way down and you take your car to them once and they screw it up. Which will make you believe that dealer is absolutely the worst there ever was and they should all be fired and the entire dealership should be run out of business.

And then there could be one with a bad reputation yet they have customers who like you have been going to that dealer for everything for 30 years and never once had a problem.

It's an industry issue, not just General Motors. There needs to be consistent application of proper customer service and knowledgeable mechanics.

I've always felt there should be techs specifically trained to handle only the Camaros and Corvettes. In fact, there really needs to be 2 or 3 dedicated bays in the garage for nothing but the performance line, and no one is allowed to even go over there if you haven't passed rigorous testing on all the latest nuances and information about every Corvette and Camaro in production.

When the 6th gen first came out, there were many stories of dealers not filling the LT1 with the proper 10 quarts. The 5th gen LS3 required 6 quarts. There was too much assumption going on and no one could even bother to open an owners manual!
I hear what you are saying, but that is pretty much the same in any industry. Auto Body, Roofing, Construction, Auto Shipping, etc.. I could go on an on. There are going to be good and bad in everything... but to make statements that they are ALL bad because someone has a bad experience just isn't honest. Just my $.02. I'll continue to take my vehicles to my local GM dealer as they do great work, even on my Camaro. On the other hand, I took my Camaro to an Indy when I was going to have the red calipers put on. The first thing I asked him is where he'd lift the vehicle. I left and didn't go back. My local GM dealer wouldn't put them on because I bought them myself online. I ended up putting them on myself. Plenty of Indy shops out there as well that that fit the do not go to bill....
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:23 AM   #31
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Wow the tech made a mistake. If you took it back they would have fixed it and gave you a free oil change coupon and apologize for the error. But you want to Hang the tech from the nearest tree. Sad
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:40 AM   #32
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Oh, and my wife that helped with the alternator replacement on the Santa Fe, yeah she also suggested baking my rotors (after I painted the top hats black) in our kitchen oven!!! (I originally had them sitting on my driveway in the sun hoping for a little "bake"...)
Nice, I've baked a few valve covers the same way.

Speaking of tires, just had my rears replaced due to another nail in one that was previously patched. The tech at Mike's Auto Body in Spring Hill did a great job. Used a floor jack on the crossmember(like I do) and said he didn't want to risk damaging my side skirts any other way. I'm always nervous taking my car in for anything, but he gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling after that.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:48 AM   #33
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagstar View Post
Nice, I've baked a few valve covers the same way.
i did the same installing a ud pulley on my 1st ls1 car.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #34
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Never had service done there. Buy last time I tried to buy a car there it was a nightmare. I attempted to get a quote on a truck there earlier this week just trying to get a price on line. They called 9 times in two days and sent 5 auto replies by email. Never gave a quote but were really wanting to know when it would be a good day and time to stop in.

Yea, I hear a lot of that crap about them too. d*cking around with prices, confusing prices, etc. They used to be owned by Palm. A lot of people quit when they were sold.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:27 AM   #35
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
my local dealer has a lot of high performance cars including C8s,ZL-1s,etc. as well as a couple of COPOs.they have always been great for me.stingray chevy,plant city,fl.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:30 AM   #36
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Gettel Chevy in Punta Gorda Florida.
I know the owners......

I am in Naples.....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:35 AM   #37
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Wow the tech made a mistake. If you took it back they would have fixed it and gave you a free oil change coupon and apologize for the error. But you want to Hang the tech from the nearest tree. Sad
He gave them a chance to make it right. They wouldn’t take it at the customer’s convenience and gave him attitude. Fail.

They should have taken it in immediately for free and pushed their other appointments back. Any repricussions from that go on the tech. It’s not a “mistake” - it’s his job to know where the tires belong when they’re staggered sized.

You either take care of the customer or you fail. And making excuses for the tech who did it takes away responsibility.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:40 AM   #38
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
I know the owners......

I am in Naples.....

In a positive way or negative way?
Old 05-14-2021, 12:29 PM   #39
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
We found the tech.
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:35 PM   #40
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
In a positive way or negative way?
Neither, just know them on a social basis.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:39 PM   #41
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Neither, just know them on a social basis.

Ah. You mean the current owners which own several dealerships in Bradenton and the FL west coast, right?

The old owners sold it to Gettel about 4 years ago. I heard Palm was a good dealership to go and work at back then.

Do you know much about Jenkins in Venice? Small dealer but when they did have the Camaro SS in stock their prices were pretty decent and straight forward. Last sept they had GREAT deals on left over 2020 1ss that I almost looked into.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:57 PM   #42
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
what makes people really upset with dealers is that they have no alternative but to use another dealer in most cases.

if grubhub kept screwing up ...you could say f grubhub and goto the restaurant yourself and get your food. But we're not allowed to goto the manufacturer to get car work / new cars etc done if we've decided that the more convenient dealers are not acceptable.

so yea, is the animosity towards them stereotyped ? for sure. Is it a justified stereotype? Definitely. If they didn't think so, they would allow themselves to be optional instead of fighting to keep laws they got passed a long time ago to make them required.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote