Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-19-2019, 07:53 AM   #29
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Yeah...I gave up...bit the bullet and bought a Ngauge
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:55 AM   #30
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
How do you like it and how does it compare to the Aeroforce overall?
Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:19 AM   #31
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I just bought a Banks Idash. I strongly considering getting getting an Aeroforce but took a chance on it and am very pleased. Much more modern in appearance, customizable, and a ton of features. I bought the logging one. You can also set warnings for things you don’t wish to watch on the main screen and if their set threshold is exceeded the display will warn you. Shift lights. You can watch 5 parameters at once instead of 2. Multi color display. It’s head and shoulders above the 90s Aeroforce
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #32
Dysan911

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairroughneck View Post
I just bought a Banks Idash. I strongly considering getting getting an Aeroforce but took a chance on it and am very pleased. Much more modern in appearance, customizable, and a ton of features. I bought the logging one. You can also set warnings for things you don’t wish to watch on the main screen and if their set threshold is exceeded the display will warn you. Shift lights. You can watch 5 parameters at once instead of 2. Multi color display. It’s head and shoulders above the 90s Aeroforce

Oh wow that is very awesome!.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #33
ramairroughneck

This will give you an idea. https://youtu.be/e13j0bm7Si8
Old 04-19-2019, 08:29 AM   #34
Dysan911

Does this gauge support the ability to use a Wideband O2 sensor as well?
Old 04-19-2019, 08:43 AM   #35
ramairroughneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Does this gauge support the ability to use a Wideband O2 sensor as well?
I’m not sure how. I have an Aem Wideband and I would rather just watch the reading on the Idash and I’m not sure how that’s done. It may require their sensor. In time I will check into that. My car is about to go under the knife. My wideband is not installed and I have only played with the Idash after I received it last night and plugged it in. It’s pretty easy and has some cool features. My initial impressions are good
Old 04-19-2019, 08:50 AM   #36
Dysan911

Yeah I looked at their sensors they offer to expand the functionality of the gauge but didn't see any WB's. I did send them a message to find out if they do or will support that in the future.

Looks like a really nice gauge though!. I do have an AEM WB gauge that im not currently using since my Aerofoce is setup with their WB and it allowed me to just run one single gauge.

I could pickup the Banks and use their suction cup mount if it comes like that and swap out the Aerofoce with the AEM.

I'll see what they say about offering a WB though..

Thanks for sharing this info.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:04 AM   #37
ramairroughneck

You bet. I am funny about things. To me it’s particularly hard to watch a wideband unless your setting on a dyno. My taste are different than most and I would rather just have it on the other gauge(Idash) and maybe just watch it on a log. Years ago I had an o2 gauge with the colors and it was annoying moving around all the time. But yeah if it could be all in one with the other gauge, that would better suit me. I may get flamed for not wanting it standing alone where I can watch it like a hawk but that’s just my take
Old 04-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #38
FrostySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
How do you like it and how does it compare to the Aeroforce overall?
Way better, but it's a lot more $$. You can run 4 or 6 readouts, all touch screen, you can load different HP Tuners tunes on the SD card and load them into the gauge and switch tunes.

You can have different colors for different readouts and stuff. I liked the Aeroforce gauge..I did...but the lack of boost and them telling me my issue was with my tune completely turned me off...oh well.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

Old 04-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #39
ramairroughneck

I didn’t realize they supported the multiple tunes for GM cars. I knew they would for the Ford guys. They must have finally got the software right for us
Old 04-19-2019, 09:28 AM   #40
FrostySS

Supposedly they did, I'll probably never use that feature. I'm happy with the gauge so far though, easier to read too. One other thing that that bugged me about the Interceptor was reading with sunglasses on. My sunglasses are polarized so unless I look at the gauge at a certain angle I couldn't read the numbers. Trying to angle my head while driving people must have though I had tourette syndrome lol

Old 04-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #41
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I bought a AEM X-Series OBD gage and was surprised when it wouldn't read boost either. It will give MAP but there is no way to set it up to read the baro sensor (my s/c install has a DSX Barn-Breakout harness) or to set it up to subtract a constant variable from a PID.

So I have to look at the number and remember to subtract 14lbs from it.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:22 AM   #42
Dysan911

Honestly by far the finickiest gauge I have ever had is in fact the Aeroforce. It works great when its working but a couple things I had to get use too.

1. If you ever need to click the SETUP. It wipes out the Annunciation feature everytime. Lets say you go into setup to add a new PID. When it restarts the Gauge you get a message. "Annunciator is not Setup".

2. Setting up Cyclic Scan. Always results in after you complete selecting all the entries the gauge will go into a constant Reboot Loop. No way to get it out of that so I have to just shut the car off. Leave the car for like 20 or 30 mins. When I get back in then Cyclic scan suddenly starts to work again. I assume when the gauge is left off for a while it resets the ram or something.

and now 3. After the firmware the "Boost inHG PSI" PID no longer works with the LT4 3 Bar Map. FrostySS already mentioned this PID works no problem with other scanning products like the Torque App on Android.

I think Aeroforce is run by one single guy anyway so he's probably annoyed he can't explain why the Boost Pid worked before and not now and won't respond.