Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #15
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I agree...but it may require more shifting on track, which is not really want you want. But a gear swap is on my radar. I just want someone else to be the guinea pig...
I think the 3.73 vs 3.91 decision on the Ca6 SS was a fuel milage one. The 1LE did okay on tracks with the 3.91s. My 5th gen 1LE as a bolton felt and was faster than my new SS. In camparison the new SS feels a little sluggish, but not slow by any measure.

Are there gears for this diff? I can't find a definitive answer.

Looking forward to the Camaro6 SS 1LE fast list.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #16
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I think the 3.73 vs 3.91 decision on the Ca6 SS was a fuel milage one. The 1LE did okay on tracks with the 3.91s. My 5th gen 1LE as a bolton felt and was faster than my new SS. In camparison the new SS feels a little sluggish, but not slow by any measure.

Are there gears for this diff? I can't find a definitive answer.

Looking forward to the Camaro6 SS 1LE fast list.
I haven't looked into it too much, but I would assume they are the same as the 5th gen no? I thought the ring/pinion size was the same...

The SS 1LE's will be on the same LT1/Manual fast list that we already have.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #17
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Can't wait til the end of the month for a drag day now lol. All you SS guys are making me chomp at the bit.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:45 AM   #18
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
I haven't looked into it too much, but I would assume they are the same as the 5th gen no? I thought the ring/pinion size was the same...

The SS 1LE's will be on the same LT1/Manual fast list that we already have.
Different Diff, maybe same gears. No one seems to know.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:57 PM   #19
Steve 2016 SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I have plenty of numbers, probably more than most with a best of 12.405 with a +200 June Atco DA. Only a so-so time. It's all about the 60'. My best 60' on the stock tires was 1.93 something.

So what I want to know is the best approach to launching a SS M6? I have recently heard the fastest M6 ETs were done by using the Camaro launch control and being very careful not to spin the tires in the launch. My testing with Launch Control was slower than not using it the same night.

One more question. Some seem to think the SS has no lift shifting. But Chevy does not advertise this. Is this possible? I loved that on my ZL1.

And yet one more question. What is the best looking way to incorporate a shift light into the CA6? The HUD sort of works but I know I m not as consistent as when I had a light.

Help!
A far as no lift shifting my gas petal stays to the floor right through the traps!
Steve 2016 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #20
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
I was at a test n tune and got plenty of passes in one night. I decided to block off the bottom grill portion so air would go around the car and not through it. No appreciable difference in ET or speed.

It's not thread starter worthy so I'll dump that info here.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:16 AM   #21
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
From what I have been hearing all the '16-Up SS's have it. One tuner even chimed in and said the software was there and enabled. But, I mean you have a '16 SS, so just go try it...worse comes to worse if you don't you power shift a few gears, no biggie...
I found the setting in my hptuners. It says throttle must be at least 93% to activate, which when logging my car the most I get is 84%...when my foot is to the floor. Not sure if it's because it's a beta version of hptuners or if my car really isn't going wot

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:32 AM   #22
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
I found the setting in my hptuners. It says throttle must be at least 93% to activate, which when logging my car the most I get is 84%...when my foot is to the floor. Not sure if it's because it's a beta version of hptuners or if my car really isn't going wot
84%? Something is not right there...especially if it is blocking you from using NLS...
Old 06-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #23
Dubchitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMATT View Post
84%? Something is not right there...especially if it is blocking you from using NLS...
Do you have hptuners? I really want to see what other 17 models show when logging, so I can see of its a software bug in hptuners (being a beta program that we 17 owners have to use) or if it really is my car.

If I take the cai off, key on, engine off will the tb work? Then I could have someone push the pedal to the floor and see if the blade is opening all the way?

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Old 06-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #24
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Do you have hptuners? I really want to see what other 17 models show when logging, so I can see of its a software bug in hptuners (being a beta program that we 17 owners have to use) or if it really is my car.

If I take the cai off, key on, engine off will the tb work? Then I could have someone push the pedal to the floor and see if the blade is opening all the way?
Try asking Tim from EFI Tuning...he may know what is up.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:06 AM   #25
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Weather permitting, I'll be going out to Bradenton tonight. I plan on using launch control since my last outing was pathetic. One 11.8 followed by 12.8 and 12.4 since traction was an issue. The car is very inconsistent on street tires of course, but I don't plan on running DR's anytime soon. Just a fun car and it is time to get the speed out since I don't street race (as far as you know).
Old 06-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #26
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
The 80-something percent throttle reading is a common problem. Mine was reading 83.9% with my foot on the floor when I first bought HPT. The fix for mine was to log different channels and remove the bogus Throttle Position (SAE) channel. I'm now logging ECM>Engine>Accelerator & Throttle>Accelerator Pedal>Accelerator Pedal Position to track what my foot is doing, and ECM>Engine>Accelerator & Throttle>Throttle>Commanded Throttle Actuator (SAE) to track what the ECM is telling the electronic throttle to do. There may be other choices that work as well, that's just what I'm using now. I've used these channels in 3.5 beta and now in 3.6 release version.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #27
Dubchitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
The 80-something percent throttle reading is a common problem. Mine was reading 83.9% with my foot on the floor when I first bought HPT. The fix for mine was to log different channels and remove the bogus Throttle Position (SAE) channel. I'm now logging ECM>Engine>Accelerator & Throttle>Accelerator Pedal>Accelerator Pedal Position to track what my foot is doing, and ECM>Engine>Accelerator & Throttle>Throttle>Commanded Throttle Actuator (SAE) to track what the ECM is telling the electronic throttle to do. There may be other choices that work as well, that's just what I'm using now. I've used these channels in 3.5 beta and now in 3.6 release version.
Yeah after talking to tom, he said I was using the wrong pid and he told me which one to use, but I can't remember now! He said if I forget just keep going through them until I find the one that's right. I think he said only one will show the correct reading

Old 01-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #28
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Ok here's a rear facing chase cam of one of my 4 second passes in my camaro from awhile back. Kinda neat
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg5KyDUVQc8

Wheelie bar wheels were still spinning after the shut down area till the turn off.. lol
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote