Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-25-2021, 10:15 AM   #15
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Sure it will. If it doesn’t seal and the hoods closed you’ll be sucking in hot ass air into the intake, defeating the entire purpose completely.

His is not even designed for the zl1 hood so hacking it up correctly is going to take some skill and the proper template.
I dont buy into the "sealed" box making a huge difference. We're talking an 1/8" without that "seal". I'd be willing to bet the difference is just about immeasurable. Most the heat is already being shielded as much as possible by the rest of the enclosure.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #16
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Regardless if it runs fine, it still needs tuned. The MAF scaling is going to be off because the MAF sensor is now placed in a 5" tube vs 4". Your fuel trims are correcting for part throttle so it still runs but the PE fueling is going to be off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I dont buy into the "sealed" box making a huge difference. We're talking an 1/8" without that "seal". I'd be willing to bet the difference is just about immeasurable. Most the heat is already being shielded as much as possible by the rest of the enclosure.
It doesn't...I have ran them both ways. When I had the regular rotofab that was more of a open box style, the seal made my hood stick up. I ran it without the seal and never noticed any difference in my logs. Either way the only time the car "might" suck in hotter air is when the car is running but not moving. Once driving majority of the air is coming through the grill and entering the airbox.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #17
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Regardless if it runs fine, it still needs tuned. The MAF scaling is going to be off because the MAF sensor is now placed in a 5" tube vs 4". Your fuel trims are correcting for part throttle so it still runs but the PE fueling is going to be off.

It doesn't...I have ran them both ways. When I had the regular rotofab that was more of a open box style, the seal made my hood stick up. I ran it without the seal and never noticed any difference in my logs. Either way the only time the car "might" suck in hotter air is when the car is running but not moving. Once driving majority of the air is coming through the grill and entering the airbox.
Agreed.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:36 AM   #18
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:

What part of WRONG intake don't you understand lol. The cut is completely wrong and nowhere near the correct shape.

Its for an SS not a ZL1.

Ive taken my seal off when i had to adjust my hood to mark where i needed to adjust and my IAT1s were 10-15 degrees higher, which are usually 1-2 degrees within ambient readings. So yes there's a difference.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:07 PM   #19
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
What part of WRONG intake don't you understand lol. The cut is completely wrong and nowhere near the correct shape.

Its for an SS not a ZL1.

Ive taken my seal off when i had to adjust my hood to mark where i needed to adjust and my IAT1s were 10-15 degrees higher, which are usually 1-2 degrees within ambient readings. So yes there's a difference.

I understand its not the correct intake for his car, but that box doesn't fit that much different, its going to be pretty close. There's no need to get so defensive just because someone doesn't agree with you. Ideally, he should get the correct intake for his vehicle, but its not like we're talking about a intake made for Kai Stinger here.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:24 PM   #20
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
That's the least of the OP's problems, the CA commie CARB is testing for ECM tunes now, unless of course it's not registered and a track toy.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...g-smog-checks/
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:31 PM   #21
Fifty_Tampa2
ZT Zoomin

Drives: A Slow ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
You're awesome! This is exactly what I needed, thanks!
Just for reference this is the one I got
Good luck man

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
When are you installing that thing? Cool videos by the way. I'm not too far from you myself.
Thank you! Yeah you're not too far at all, I just drove through there on my way to sparks, nv lol. I have a few parts to install and I'm trying to do them all around the same time but things keep arriving damaged. I've had to make 4 different exchanges/returns, I'm waiting on a tb adapter exchange right now.

2017 "FIFTY" 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
ProCharger, Stage II Intercooler, LT2 Intake, Ported TB, Corsa NPP & Double X-Pipe, MRR FS06 20x10/11, Eibach Lowering Springs, MRC, GM Dark Tail Lights & More..RIP

https://www.youtube.com/c/ZTZoomin
Fifty_Tampa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:01 PM   #22
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
I understand its not the correct intake for his car, but that box doesn't fit that much different, its going to be pretty close. There's no need to get so defensive just because someone doesn't agree with you. Ideally, he should get the correct intake for his vehicle, but its not like we're talking about a intake made for Kai Stinger here.
I will have a definitive answer once the correct box is installed i run a log in similar conditions to previous runs. I suspect its minimal if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
That's the least of the OP's problems, the CA commie CARB is testing for ECM tunes now, unless of course it's not registered and a track toy.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...g-smog-checks/
Track only car, which makes it even more dumb I can't get a replacement for it. Just shows how crazy it is here. However I understand they have no way to verify that so they are covering their a$$
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:28 PM   #23
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
I will have a definitive answer once the correct box is installed i run a log in similar conditions to previous runs. I suspect its minimal if any.

Track only car, which makes it even more dumb I can't get a replacement for it. Just shows how crazy it is here. However I understand they have no way to verify that so they are covering their a$$
No need to really log anything. Iat1 should be same as ambient or 1-2 degrees difference while moving.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote