Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2021, 12:46 PM   #15
LTwin86
 
LTwin86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Moscow
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TA - The Beast View Post
So, ultimately, even MORE power could be gained if they had consistent, decent fuel availability like we do here in the states.

I will just add that no, valvesprings will never add power unless there is a problem with them and the ramp rates of the cam you are using. And there is no problem with the valvesprings stock with stock cams, so no power to be gained there.

So, the power gained is via upgraded stock TD04 turbo, intercooler and piping, no cat, K&N drop-in filter and a tune. But that is hampered by too low of octane fuel availability.

Good to know all around. Pretty much validates my own and a few others calculations and observations in regards to the LTG. If you had fuel like we do in the states you would probably be around 10-15hp more.
Will not arguing with you regarding valve springs, but hope it works.
My best result was 380 hp and 693 Nm, but on such spec detonation of fuel was too heavy and we decided to deforce a little bit.
Attached Images
 
LTwin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #16
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro
 
cooper1965's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: St. Louis/Sullivan/Washington MO
Posts: 910
So the claim is 380 rwhp, and 511 ft lb? Is that correct??
__________________
Flex Fuel tuned by me using HPT-:-


---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:45 PM   #17
95TA - The Beast
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: WI
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
So the claim is 380 rwhp, and 511 ft lb? Is that correct??
Actually, he stated that was too aggressive.

But on the first page he stated 372hp and 494 ft/lbs.

It also shows stock was 236hp and 289 ft/lbs.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 09:46 PM   #18
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro
 
cooper1965's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: St. Louis/Sullivan/Washington MO
Posts: 910
Stock frame Hybrid from Turbos R US.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Flex Fuel tuned by me using HPT-:-


---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:33 AM   #19
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro
 
cooper1965's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: St. Louis/Sullivan/Washington MO
Posts: 910
Very curious how the math breaks down between these two dyno graphs if someone is capable of doing that accurately!!
__________________
Flex Fuel tuned by me using HPT-:-


---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:41 AM   #20
95TA - The Beast
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: WI
Posts: 55
The conversion is:

ft-lb =Nm * 0.73756
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:44 AM   #21
95TA - The Beast
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: WI
Posts: 55
Ultimately, I think the Russian dyno is juiced heavily in the torque department and somewhat in the HP department compared to dynos here in the States.

I means 236hp is a little high stock and 289 ft/lbs is a bit higher than stock. Now, did he already have a gutted cat at that point???

If so, the 236hp is "within range", but the torque still seems quite high.

I will add that dynos can represent whatever anyone wants depending on how you set them up and calibrate them.

So, in reality, doing comparisons of different dynos has always been somewhat worthless outside of looking at the general curve and determining how "believable" that representation really is.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:19 AM   #22
LTwin86
 
LTwin86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Moscow
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TA - The Beast View Post
Ultimately, I think the Russian dyno is juiced heavily in the torque department and somewhat in the HP department compared to dynos here in the States.

I means 236hp is a little high stock and 289 ft/lbs is a bit higher than stock. Now, did he already have a gutted cat at that point???

If so, the 236hp is "within range", but the torque still seems quite high.

I will add that dynos can represent whatever anyone wants depending on how you set them up and calibrate them.

So, in reality, doing comparisons of different dynos has always been somewhat worthless outside of looking at the general curve and determining how "believable" that representation really is.
Russian version of 2.0 engine is reduced to 238 Hp to pay less government tax, that is why stock graph is clear. Also, russian Hp is on a flywheel, US normally on wheels, am i right?
LTwin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 11:54 AM   #23
95TA - The Beast
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: WI
Posts: 55
Yes, US dynos are at the wheels.

If Russian dynos are at the flywheel, how do they get "accurate" given driveline losses?

Seems like a lot of supposition to try to come out even fairly accurate.

That also makes the dyno read of the HP completely believable at 372hp.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:08 PM   #24
LTwin86
 
LTwin86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Moscow
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TA - The Beast View Post
Yes, US dynos are at the wheels.

If Russian dynos are at the flywheel, how do they get "accurate" given driveline losses?

Seems like a lot of supposition to try to come out even fairly accurate.

That also makes the dyno read of the HP completely believable at 372hp.
There are some kind of accurate coefficients for each car with drivetrain losses.
LTwin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.