Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-21-2021, 12:08 PM   #1
ZachU

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
3 bar map sensor install

Hey guys! I installed a 3 bar map sensor and am picking up an MPVi2 today. I need to know what parameters I need to change in the tune and what values.

Additionally, I bought the DSX baro breakout kit and would like to know what I need to change in the tune for it as well. I've searched several times and found some information but figured I'd ask on here.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #2
ZachU

I got it! Finally found the parameters on another thread....write the calibration after installing the baro breakout kit and it runs awesome!
Old 08-23-2021, 07:59 PM   #3
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I thought the breakout was for the roots guys as the LT4 has the bar post rotor, while the LT1 has it in the MAS/ MAF housing. So when an LT1 goes roots it needs the baro breakout. please elaborate as I may be just confused as to why a Procharger setup needs or can use a Baro breakout?
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:56 AM   #4
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I thought the breakout was for the roots guys as the LT4 has the bar post rotor, while the LT1 has it in the MAS/ MAF housing. So when an LT1 goes roots it needs the baro breakout. please elaborate as I may be just confused as to why a Procharger setup needs or can use a Baro breakout?
Simple, on a Procharger kit (ECS/Paxton or Vortech too) the MAF/IAT/BARO sensor is mounted after the compressor, not before it like with a roots style blower. This means that it's now subjected to varying amounts of boost, and therefore the baro reading from it is junk. Visual aid below, Paxton blower with sensor after the compressor like the kit has you run. Note how at idle, the baro reading basically makes sense for the 200 feet ASL that the car was at, but look how as engine rpm rises and therefore blower rpm rises too, the 'baro' supposedly goes up. This run the reading went up to 17.7psi at about 4100 rpm, baro readings are absolute junk in this configuration.

Name:  barotrace2.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  21.0 KB
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:51 AM   #5
ZachU

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Simple, on a Procharger kit (ECS/Paxton or Vortech too) the MAF/IAT/BARO sensor is mounted after the compressor, not before it like with a roots style blower. This means that it's now subjected to varying amounts of boost, and therefore the baro reading from it is junk. Visual aid below, Paxton blower with sensor after the compressor like the kit has you run. Note how at idle, the baro reading basically makes sense for the 200 feet ASL that the car was at, but look how as engine rpm rises and therefore blower rpm rises too, the 'baro' supposedly goes up. This run the reading went up to 17.7psi at about 4100 rpm, baro readings are absolute junk in this configuration.

Attachment 1077939
Thank you for explaining that.....my LT1 is running much better than before after the baro breakout.