Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #71
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Yeah it would be great if someone would make a small, battery operated homelink opener that would clip on to the visor, and optionally remove the clip so it could be stored in the center console or something like that.

But seriously if you have a '19 and really want homelink, go get one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/p/Gentex-85ADFM...4731031&chn=ps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo NYC View Post
Let me know when is ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
They would be sacrificing the screen for backup camera that is integrated into the rear view mirror if they got the mirror you linked. That’s not a good trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
That looks like something I want.
I have the remote and the app, but it's not the same as a Homelink in the overhead console.
Is the wiring harness still in the overhead console if the car does not have HL?
I purchased my car from a private owner that did not opt for this option and would like to add it.
Is the face plate you show a GM part...sure looks OEM.
This would be a pnp if the wiring harness is up there tucked away

I as well as others would like to know more about this DIY of yours...please inform/educate us on this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Probably because it's an Impala and not a Camaro and they don't share the same platform or much else for that matter.
Thats not why, as you know its only a circuit, one has nothing to do with the other, its GM the wanted to save some cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
I'd still rather just reach up and touch the Homelink button rather than fumbling with my phone to open an app to open the garage.
Like we said in the past, with the new mirror came some trade offs, as the mirror has no ONstar buttons they had to put them some where, and you got it it was in the overhead counsel, that meant something had to go, it ended up they removed the home-link.

we did not like that so we used a factory 2018-16 home link overhead counsel and added the new ONstar buttons from our 2019 car, then we made the harness to work with the new home link and add a radar detector cable, and last we also added the new mirror with with the rear view at the same time.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:37 PM   #72
vett2maro

Drives: Jeep Grad Cherokee, Camaro
For $1650 I am having Homelink, blind spot sensors, and backup sensors installed in my 2019. For me it is worth it.
vett2maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:32 PM   #73
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Most people dont know how to use it, rest don't need it.

If auto dimming mirrors still there.. that's better option to have across the line anyway.
I guess if you have a carport or live in an appartment.. but for those that have a garage it's nice to have a clean look and not a brick hanging from the visor.. plus mine homelink has much better range.

However, I do wish mine had the rearview camera.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 04-03-2019 at 07:50 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:41 PM   #74
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
The whole purpose behind this thread was for 19 owners to find a way to integrate the homelink availability.
Actually the OP was a yes or no question, not a request for solutions. Yet, I offered 3 viable options. You: complained and made it personal.

Contribute or GTFO.

Here’s another lower profile solution that might fit...
https://www.amazon.com/HomeLink-60-H.../dp/B00A79G9FY
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:46 PM   #75
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by vett2maro View Post
For $1650 I am having Homelink, blind spot sensors, and backup sensors installed in my 2019. For me it is worth it.
How and by whom? Link?

Note this is the same GM that removed the cabin air filter system on trucks 2007-20013...no excuse given,
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:32 AM   #76
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
The whole purpose behind this thread was for 19 owners to find a way to integrate the homelink availability.
No, that's what this thread morphed into becoming.

It wasn't at all clear in the beginning that OP only wanted a yes or no answer, but his complete absence from this thread since post #1 tells me that he either got the answer he was looking for in the first two replies or it really didn't matter to him whether homelink was available or not and he was asking out of idle curiosity (he'd been asking about order status on a '19 3LT convertible since mid-January and claims to have finally picked his car up last Friday).

Norm
Old 04-03-2019, 06:39 AM   #77
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Not anymore... this was the OPs 1st post and he never came back. Just here to check his order status with Becky and got his answer on page 1.

Threads like these normally turn into good ones so just go with it.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:17 AM   #78
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
The 2020 C8's have the homelink buttons on the visor. So those '19 owners interested in a homelink mod might want to look into C8 corvette visors when they become available.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #79
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
I use the small remote that comes with my garage door opener. It's black so it blends and it covers half of that ugly yellow sticker on the visor. It can control 3 devices.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:16 PM   #80
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
I use the small remote that comes with my garage door opener. It's black so it blends and it covers half of that ugly yellow sticker on the visor. It can control 3 devices.
And that remote GDO can be stolen when they break into your vehicle, then they can go to your home and open the garage and go on a shopping spree.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:34 PM   #81
Airfuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
And that remote GDO can be stolen when they break into your vehicle, then they can go to your home and open the garage and go on a shopping spree.
What is GDO?
Old 07-20-2019, 01:20 PM   #82
indy82z

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HW Edition, 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
What is GDO?
I assume Garage Door Opener
indy82z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:44 PM   #83
Airfuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy82z View Post
I assume Garage Door Opener
Ahh yes.

When I park my shiny new Camaro in crack/crime infested areas, I take the remote and registration papers with me.

Seems like a lot of work for criminals to steal something from your house instead of kicking in the door or breaking a window.
I worry more about car accidents, heart attacks, cancer, strokes and other medical illnesses.

Besides, this retrofitting homelink to the current cars is obviously proving harder than most think.
Power source is the main obstacle.........not easy to find a switched power supply to the visor.

Amazon has a universal homelink button set for $159. Might be easier to retrofit that somewhere else in the car?
Old 07-20-2019, 09:20 PM   #84
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Actually, this raises a very interesting point.
  • CTS (Alpha platform, bigger than Camaro) offers both HomeLink and Camera Mirror.
  • ATS (Alpha platform, similar size to Camaro) offers HomeLink but does not offer Camera Mirror. At least I haven't been able to find it in the build options.
  • Camaro (Alpha platform, similar size to ATS) offers Camera Mirror but does not offer HomeLink.

The people I have talked to at GM told me it was an issue of what could fit in the overhead console and that based on that, HomeLink had to go. So is the overhead console on the CTS larger than the overhead consoles in ATS and Camaro?
This is more likely the answer. Power consumption had nothing to do with it, besides, that's all the car provided it, power. The transmitter is completely self contained with no communication to the car.
Ordered: 6/15/23 Accepted: 7/5/23
3000 - 7/5 ---> 3100 - 7/19
3300 - 7/20 --> 3400 - 7/20 -->TPW - 8/7
4300 - 8/14 --->4B00 - 9/5
DELIVERED 9/20!!
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote