Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Still the winner: Carpro essence and reload

Just did my semi annual application of these products. Still the best stuff going out there , IMO, for the amount of energy you expend… I posted enuf Picts here, so no need…

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...hlight=Essence
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Did you Dawn wash and clay first?
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #3
Glen e

No clay, baggie Test passes, just dawn.....med/soft black 5” pad, griots Cordless orbital
Old 11-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #4
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Just did my semi annual application of these products. Still the best stuff going out there , IMO, for the amount of energy you expend… I posted enuf Picts here, so no need…

I've been using Crystal seal and aquawax based off your recommendations from two years ago. Are these new products you like better now?
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #5
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
I've been using Crystal seal and aquawax based off your recommendations from two years ago. Are these new products you like better now?
Yup.....they are just as easy, but a bit better durability, goes on same way. But don’t run right out and dump the old stuff, when you use it up, move to the new stuff, the difference is not dramatic.

Read here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bwmmuu5d2...first.pdf?dl=0
Old 11-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #6
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
I did mine a month or so ago. I also put Hydrofoam on top of the Reload once every 3 months.

I had to APC wash my car twice to remove all the Essence/Reload/Hydrofoam after a year. I also did a Trix application, as I had a couple tar spots, and hadn't iron decontaminated my paint for a few years. I live about 300 yards from a railroad crossing so it did have some rail dust on it.

Every time I use Essence I feel like I'm cheating. Before it was available, a standard finishing polish was used, and it took so much longer to do. With Essence, 1 slow pass, wipe off residue, quick brush of pad, on to next section.

Not having to do an IPA or Eraser wipedown before putting the Reload on saves even more time.

Occasionally, on a car with very soft paint, the Essence just wont bond. I've tried every finishing pad I have, and it just wont stick. This is rare though.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:

Question for the winter months concerning storage of Reload and other car pro products. Should they be moved to the house for the winter months if the garage isn't heated?
Old 11-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #8
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Question for the winter months concerning storage of Reload and other car pro products. Should they be moved to the house for the winter months if the garage isn't heated?
I keep all my wax/sealer/ceramic products in the House. Everything else stays in the garage. I just do it because I’m a little OCD....not because I know that it’s better for shelf life or something 😂
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:04 PM   #9
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
I keep all my wax/sealer/ceramic products in the House. Everything else stays in the garage. I just do it because I’m a little OCD....not because I know that it’s better for shelf life or something ��
It absolutely is. With All detailing products, the Safeway is underneath your kitchen sink or closet, but inside… Many things separate and things evaporate in the heat or even the extreme cold affecting it. Don’t ask me how I know. Load everything into a big Tupperware tub and put it somewhere inside.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #10
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
I just started a paint correction on my new-to-me GMC Canyon, and had a chance to compare CarPro Essence against Meguiar's M9 Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover 2.0. I personally prefer the M9. The M9 appears to give a slightly deeper darker shine. I know the M9 requires an IPA wipe prior any next steps, but that's not a big deal to me. No disrespect meant for you, Glen. Just developing some more of my personal preferences.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #11
Glen e

Ha! Whatever works for you, There are so many damn good products out there these days. None of the major players can afford to make shitty products…

But I kinda like using the same manufacturer for the polish and the topcoat. I think they design them to be synergistic. So I like the blackfire polish and then the seal, and the Carpro essence and reload. Five years ago I was using Meguires 205 and NXT.

Last edited by Glen e; 11-22-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #12
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
I just started a paint correction on my new-to-me GMC Canyon, and had a chance to compare CarPro Essence against Meguiar's M9 Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover 2.0. I personally prefer the M9. The M9 appears to give a slightly deeper darker shine. I know the M9 requires an IPA wipe prior any next steps, but that's not a big deal to me. No disrespect meant for you, Glen. Just developing some more of my personal preferences.

Bill
Does the M9 have any abrasives in it? Or is it just a filler glaze?
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:29 PM   #13
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Does the M9 have any abrasives in it? Or is it just a filler glaze?
Yes, it has some abrasives. It's rated as a 3 on Meguiar's cut scale. M205 is a 4 and M105 is a 12

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:49 PM   #14
VChula
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1996 Z28 SS & 2014 ZL1
Quote:
No clay, baggie Test passes, just dawn.....med/soft black 5” pad, griots Cordless orbital
I thought about getting the Griot's cordless orbiter (I'm a long time Griot's guy).
Were you able to polish the car on a single charge?

Have you tried their BOSS products?

I used the BOSS fast correcting cream on my car before I went to the last CamaroFest and was amazed by the results, along with the super easy removal and lack of dust residue.
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
VChula is offline   Reply With Quote