Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-23-2021, 01:10 PM   #85
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
UPDATE- I've started working with silvers to develop a 2 way coilover for our cars. Hopefully it all runs smoothly and we can gain another option less costly then kwV3s

kwv3 isnt a track coilovers, neither is bc or megan or godspeed lol but cheaper is not always better so not sure what will happen im waiting on my coilovers to come in should be here in a week or two
Old 07-24-2021, 12:08 AM   #86
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
kwv3 isnt a track coilovers, neither is bc or megan or godspeed lol but cheaper is not always better so not sure what will happen im waiting on my coilovers to come in should be here in a week or two

I'll tell you what, and you can say what you want about the price point and lower end coilovers, I have zero regrets going with the silvers coilovers. My car mainly sees track days and few street miles, my impression is nothing but positive on this brand. If you're actually building a race car(99% of us are not) then obviously you're going to want to drop some coin on a known top manufacturer. I however am not, and I love the performance upgrade I've gotten out of these over the stock suspension and also the BMR springs I had.

Sometimes you actually can pay less and get a quality product that will serve it's purpose. I feel like this is one of those times
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:24 PM   #87
thebanks06

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Anybody need a set, I have some new, selling the car and can’t use them unfortunately
thebanks06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 05:41 PM   #88
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
I'll tell you what, and you can say what you want about the price point and lower end coilovers, I have zero regrets going with the silvers coilovers. My car mainly sees track days and few street miles, my impression is nothing but positive on this brand. If you're actually building a race car(99% of us are not) then obviously you're going to want to drop some coin on a known top manufacturer. I however am not, and I love the performance upgrade I've gotten out of these over the stock suspension and also the BMR springs I had.

Sometimes you actually can pay less and get a quality product that will serve it's purpose. I feel like this is one of those times
Exactly, you can spend 5k on the supposed best coilover on the market but if you're getting passed by a car with 2k coils, they last just as long and ride good who is really ahead of the game. Spending more doesn't equate to better
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:51 PM   #89
Baddawg53

Quote:
UPDATE- I've started working with silvers to develop a 2 way coilover for our cars. Hopefully it all runs smoothly and we can gain another option less costly then kwV3s
Any update on this? I'd love to give their 2 way coilovers a shot if they ever come out with them.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #90
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Any update on this? I'd love to give their 2 way coilovers a shot if they ever come out with them.
Nothing yet, so far i just have an approval for the project from HQ. Waiting on some designs or prototypes to float my way. Fronts are no problem but mounting the external canister on the rear damper is the challenge because of how tight the rear suspension clearances are.
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Old 08-25-2021, 09:34 AM   #91
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Ok so prototypes are just about ready, I should be getting them soon. Ill let you guys know.
Old 08-25-2021, 11:27 PM   #92
Baddawg53

Quote:
Ok so prototypes are just about ready, I should be getting them soon. Ill let you guys know.
Awesome... Are you installing yourself?
Old 08-26-2021, 10:05 AM   #93
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Awesome... Are you installing yourself?
Yea ill do my own install, corner balance and alignment. Ill also be switching to swifts at a higher rate.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:17 AM   #94
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Alright so the prototype kit is in and ill be fitting it and taking some photos. Ill probably make a new thread for it.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:50 PM   #95
Baddawg53

Quote:
Alright so the prototype kit is in and ill be fitting it and taking some photos. Ill probably make a new thread for it.
I was wondering about the status of this, anxious to hear your feedback.