Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #15
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
SAE uses 77*F, 29.23 in Hg of pressure and 0% humidity

If you are in "better" conditions than above, than your uncorrected will be higher. I feel sorry for your tuner if he has to tune cars on the dyno in higher temps than that. Might want to add a door or a fan or something.
Not many shops in Texas are at 77, I'm at 110 in the garage today and it ain't even that hot yet. Note I said "most". BTW acutaul uncorrected HP is the real HP, not some made up number, so if the car is laying down uncorrected HP, yep, that is real HP.. don't care if it -32 degrees out at the bottom of a mindshaft before a trifecta storm. Glad Dynojet put an end to the STD anyway, and we all know that FI should run with no correction factor at all, ahm HeXXXXXXy.. et al. What was the actual rule of thumb like 1 % max and temp between 60 to 95 degree F to even apply the silly CF.

http://www.bigdynodatabase.com/DynoCF.php
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 06-09-2018 at 04:01 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:35 PM   #16
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
The OP dyno is in STD and let not many shops in Texas are at 77, I'm at 110 in the garage today and it ain't even that hot yer. Not I said "most". BTW acutaul uncorrected HP is the real HP, not some made up number, so if the car is laying down uncorrected HP, yep, that is real HP... Glad Dynojet put an end to the STD anyway, and we all know that FI should run with no correction factor at all, ahm Hennessey...
The OP isnt in texas.... no where near texas.

Turbo cars run better with a load. So that's a mustang dyno, which only displays SAE numbers. Unless it's a dynojet with an eddy current brake, which is a $30,000 option that hardly anyone ever gets.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:59 AM   #17
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Not many shops in Texas are at 77, I'm at 110 in the garage today and it ain't even that hot yet. Note I said "most". BTW acutaul uncorrected HP is the real HP, not some made up number, so if the car is laying down uncorrected HP, yep, that is real HP.. don't care if it -32 degrees out at the bottom of a mindshaft before a trifecta storm. Glad Dynojet put an end to the STD anyway, and we all know that FI should run with no correction factor at all, ahm HeXXXXXXy.. et al. What was the actual rule of thumb like 1 % max and temp between 60 to 95 degree F to even apply the silly CF.

http://www.bigdynodatabase.com/DynoCF.php
My uncorrected numbers for track day back in may posted 702rwhp, where my STD at 5 set me at 691rwhp. The uncorrected was reading the HP spikes on my graph and not a net average number for the car. This tune is a little hot for the street so I don't run it on that often.
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #18
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
The OP isnt in texas.... no where near texas.

Turbo cars run better with a load. So that's a mustang dyno, which only displays SAE numbers. Unless it's a dynojet with an eddy current brake, which is a $30,000 option that hardly anyone ever gets.
That's what the guy who originally tuned my car used. A dyno jet with the eddy brake. Awesome tuning dyno for sure.
SW long tube headers
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Old 06-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #19
PRAY

Good work brother. You have a good support system established and the track numbers show it. You are always on the cutting edge.

Did you say your CF DS was heavier than stock? I am wondering what the U/D and DS are worth on the dyno.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #20
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
Good work brother. You have a good support system established and the track numbers show it. You are always on the cutting edge.

Did you say your CF DS was heavier than stock? I am wondering what the U/D and DS are worth on the dyno.
Thanks man

I never weighed them but just holding them in my hands the DSS carbon felt every bit as heavy. Possibly a touch more

I’m glad I got it though. It’s a really nice piece. Especially with some having problems breaking the stocker.

Maybe the 1 piece is a bit more efficient as well? I never seen any gains at the track with it though
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #21
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Never seen gains with a DS, even on my 5th gen. 1 Piece is more for strength.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #22
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
On my 5th gen I ran a CF DS saw zero gains on the dyno but noticed a solid mph gain. Wen't from 10.72 @127mph H/C the CF DS with bigger converter MS109 fuel to 10.45 at 130mph. DA between both were 600 in difference.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #23
PRAY

I am doing the G-Force DS which is 7lbs lighter than stock. Couple that with the U/D pulley that is 3lbs lighter and there has to be some gain from a 10lb loss of rotational mass from the tip of the crank to the diff. It may not show on the dyno but the loss of deflection and mass has to show out at the track.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #24
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Thanks man

I never weighed them but just holding them in my hands the DSS carbon felt every bit as heavy. Possibly a touch more

I’m glad I got it though. It’s a really nice piece. Especially with some having problems breaking the stocker.

Maybe the 1 piece is a bit more efficient as well? I never seen any gains at the track with it though
I put a gForce one piece on my car (M6) and it weighs 7.6lbs less than my stock one did. This was with the adapters on my new shaft and the old rubber ones on my stock shaft. The one piece is much stronger, and in most cases the shafts do not weigh as much. Losing that extra weight is a gain as well. I can say I did not see any gains on the dyne when I put mine on, and marginal (if any) at the track. I may have gained 1 or 2 mph. My times were still in line closely with what I ran before. I put mine on for strength though, didn't expect gains honestly.
SW long tube headers
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs