Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2021, 02:49 PM   #15
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
I am also upgrading to LT4 fueling on my 2016 SS in preparation for an LT4 SC install. As far as I know I will need injectors, both fuel pumps and a voltage booster but having trouble finding the exact part numbers. Rock auto has half a dozen injectors for a 2017 ZL1 and I'm not sure which one is correct. Any help would be much appreciated. I also know I need to change my flex fuel to ZL1.

Also any other parts needed? How about a good install write up?
As long as they are LT4 and the same flow it doesn't matter. Here is the trickery.. each set of LT1 and Lt4 injectors has 3 different numbers..

Lt1 hi flow, nominal, and low
Lt4 hi flow, nominal, and low

as long as you get the all the same flow it be ok.. so stick with same part numbers ..

I've seen some mistakes where some people shop online they go to like GMpartsdirect.com and see a description DI injector hi flow.. they said holy crap hi flow 50 bucks!!!! well it turned out to be hi flow LT1 not lt4..

take that rock auto quote to summit they will match and give ya free ship or sometimes if you get the pump and injectors at 1X time the have spend 1000 get 100 off..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:37 AM   #16
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
As long as they are LT4 and the same flow it doesn't matter. Here is the trickery.. each set of LT1 and Lt4 injectors has 3 different numbers..

Lt1 hi flow, nominal, and low
Lt4 hi flow, nominal, and low

as long as you get the all the same flow it be ok.. so stick with same part numbers ..

I've seen some mistakes where some people shop online they go to like GMpartsdirect.com and see a description DI injector hi flow.. they said holy crap hi flow 50 bucks!!!! well it turned out to be hi flow LT1 not lt4..

take that rock auto quote to summit they will match and give ya free ship or sometimes if you get the pump and injectors at 1X time the have spend 1000 get 100 off..
Great stuff, thx.....

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:41 AM   #17
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Not sure about flex fuel kit but definitely the AUX pump kit on a ss and zl1 are different most likely from the map sensor.
Is the AUX pump kit so you do not have to replace the in tank pump with LT4?
The in tank pump is the low side pump right?

Thx.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 06:32 AM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
Is the AUX pump kit so you do not have to replace the in tank pump with LT4?
The in tank pump is the low side pump right?

Thx.
correct... I had that on my SS and on the Zl1 but went to a bigger setup on the zl1.. the kits are the same except the controller or wiring is a tad different since the map sensors read different baros.

Some people don't want to drill and tap the tank and prefer to drop the tank and swap pump and maybe run a voltage booster I think the voltage booster works on a Lt1 pump to but not sure how far you can take it..

My SS is setup as followed..

LT4 fuel High pressure fuel line
LPE check valve and fitting to make it work
LT4 Pump
Lt4 Injectors
DSX Aux pump
eforce 2300

It's making 615 666 tq on 93 didn't want to mess with flex sensor on this car but I have it on the ZL1

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote