Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Is Michael Dunn guilty or not guilty?
Guilty 41 71.93%
Not guilty 16 28.07%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #15
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
He should have ignored the kids in the first place. You're pumping gas for what...5 minutes? Seriously, just get your gas and move on, what's the problem?

That being said, in some form or another, he did ask them to turn it down. If his story is true, then I say he had a right to protect himself. The problem here is the same problem with the ******* case:

1.) We don't really know what happened.
2.) Our President and the media have willfully promoted a racial divide unlike we've seen in 40 years. It won't matter what the truth is, this trial will be contentious. The difference is if he's found guilty, his supporters for the most part will realize he was convicted by a Jury of his peers...If he's found not guilty, his detractors will march the streets further widening this racial gap that has sprung up.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #16
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Well, I don't know the law there in terms of noise ordinance. So they may not have had the right to listen to it that loud.

That being stated, I think he'll go down. Two main reasons. He said he fired four at the car and then they left. And then he said he fired four more times as they were fleeing. The second round of shots can in no way be construed as self defense. Then not calling the police was a big problem.

So maybe had he not fired the second group of shots, and had he immediately called the police, maybe it could have been seen as self defense or stand your ground or whatever, but that's not the way it went down.

Further, even if he were to get off the murder charge, I don't think he can dodge all of the charges.

I'm not attorney of course, just my opinion.

As for the guys in the car, unfortunately they also could have taken steps to avoid the situation. It really doesn't matter who was the asshole first, either side could have "been the bigger man" and walked away.
actually, it's worse than that. I'm reading that he fired 3 times, while in his car. then 4 more times, still inside his car. then he gets out, and fires 3 more times, as the suv is driving away. This dude is guilty.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #17
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Dunn, who is white....
I stopped right there. Then I did this:

Name:  not-this-shit-again.gif
Views: 38193
Size:  18.7 KB

It'll be yet another case focused more on race than evidence, where guilty or not, Dunn is screwed.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #18
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Gulity Imo too many bs excuses from him it seems to be self defense after shooting at them while fleeing meaning the threat has passed and now your the murderer.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #19
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
Gulity Imo too many bs excuses from him it seems to be self defense after shooting at them while fleeing meaning the threat has passed and now your the murderer.
That's my big issue shooting at someone that's running away in public not your own property is a line i definitely fell comfortable drawing.

Also he confronted them first and then says he thought he saw a gun but non was found

If he drove a Camaro it wouldn't have been a problem. He would have been parked way across the parking lot. Who parks up close and next to a full car you are begging for a door ding.

Last edited by trashmanssd; 02-14-2014 at 01:42 PM.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #20
2010abmss

Drives: 2010 ABM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
That's my big issue shooting at someone that's running away in public not your own property is a line i definitely fell comfortable drawing.

Also he confronted them first and then says he though he saw a gun but non was found

If he drove a Camaro it wouldn't have been a problem. He would have been parked way across the parking lot. Who parks up close and next to a full car you are begging for a door ding.
This!!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #21
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
He should have just driven away, it's not like that's the only convenience store in the world. Why start an altercation, if the music is too loud and the teenagers are acting like teenagers, what makes you think they are going to turn it down since you asked "nicely".

We can only speculate as to what really happened, but I think Dunn is probably going away for this one.

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #22
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Don't start no shit, there won't be no shit.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #23
1olddude

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic.
Guilty. Guys like him give us concealed carry guys a bad reputation. He started it and could have ended it by walking away. What a dumb ass.
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #24
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I think he will be found guilty. Zimmerman screwed the pooch for probably the next 1/2 dozen trials like this....
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #25
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Asking this on camaro5? Lol you know the type of people on this site. Lmao
Old 02-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #26
1olddude

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Asking this on camaro5? Lol you know the type of people on this site. Lmao
What 'type' are you talking about?
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #27
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
He should have ignored the kids in the first place. You're pumping gas for what...5 minutes? Seriously, just get your gas and move on, what's the problem?

That being said, in some form or another, he did ask them to turn it down. If his story is true, then I say he had a right to protect himself. The problem here is the same problem with the ******* case:

1.) We don't really know what happened.
2.) Our President and the media have willfully promoted a racial divide unlike we've seen in 40 years. It won't matter what the truth is, this trial will be contentious. The difference is if he's found guilty, his supporters for the most part will realize he was convicted by a Jury of his peers...If he's found not guilty, his detractors will march the streets further widening this racial gap that has sprung up.
Bingo.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:41 PM   #28
Rob3D

Drives: Car
It's getting pretty tense..... These verdicts could very well set an extremely bad precedence all over the nation.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote