Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
KATCMRO

Drives: 2010 2LT CGM
Question Installing Your Exhaust ?

Our Flowmaster is being delivered this afternoon. Question for those of you who did your own - What did you use to lift the car? Jack? Wheel ramps? My husband has always done his trucks exhaust, but no need to lift that. Thanks for any help!!
KATCMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
I'm planning on using wheel ramps but either or should be fine...does any one know what to torque the bolts back to? I don't have a service manual yet...
Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
Droid6

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATCMRO View Post
Our Flowmaster is being delivered this afternoon. Question for those of you who did your own - What did you use to lift the car? Jack? Wheel ramps? My husband has always done his trucks exhaust, but no need to lift that. Thanks for any help!!
I rolled my onto some ramps but I've also lowered my car so I had to get a little inventive so I didn't scrape up my car. I think the best method would obviously be a lift but if you don't have that then go to Wal-Mart and get some jack stands for $30 if you don't have some and go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRiderSS View Post
I'm planning on using wheel ramps but either or should be fine...does any one know what to torque the bolts back to? I don't have a service manual yet...
There aren't going to be any torque values for an aftermarket exhaust in the service manual. I just tightened mine until the were tight as hell and then gave them another 1/4 turn.

2010 Camaro LS: Eibach Pro-Plus Kit, K&N Aircharger, Flowmaster American Thunder, Pioneer Audio
Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6 View Post
I rolled my onto some ramps but I've also lowered my car so I had to get a little inventive so I didn't scrape up my car. I think the best method would obviously be a lift but if you don't have that then go to Wal-Mart and get some jack stands for $30 if you don't have some and go that route.

There aren't going to be any torque values for an aftermarket exhaust in the service manual. I just tightened mine until the were tight as hell and then gave them another 1/4 turn.
I'm going borla...the instructions say to tighten to factory specs but I haven't been able to find those values? I don't want to crush the pipes when I install it but I may just wing it
Old 08-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I've been wanting to build something like this...

http://www.corvettec3.ca/ramps.htm

Good luck to you.
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:13 AM   #6
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
I've been wanting to build something like this...

http://www.corvettec3.ca/ramps.htm

Good luck to you.
Building something out of wood for your car to stand on looks very risky.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
According to the Magnaflow instructions, U-bolt clamps should be tightened to about 30-35 ft-lbs.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I use low rise 12" tall wheel ramps for the front of the car with removable ramps, and 3 ton jack stands for the back when I do maintenance.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Wow... those corvette ramps look so amazing... I like the white one with the lights and Shelving space for ur tools... some of these guys are hard working LOL.

You gotta balance out how much you would do your own stuff though... like... and oil change just requires a jack stand. You have to balance out the money you are spending on ur ramps versus getting them installed by a speed shop. like 120 bucks for an exhaust install... or you spend 100+ dollars AND time building ramps =p. Just measure out how much you will go under your car lol. I would very much like to install my exhausts myself...
Old 09-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #10
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
I found this nice man at auto mechanic place with a lift. I gave him some money and my Flowmasters magically appeared on my car in about 30 minutes!

Next - Tinting
USAFJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
a hydraulic lift

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote