Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-16-2021, 11:18 PM   #29
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminz2002 View Post
I just got my car back Saturday from a similar instance except I was sitting in traffic. Let me give you some advice and I hope you take it. Get an attorney and let them send you to a doctor. I waited a week before I went and now know this should have been my first step..

They sent me the accident report in two hours. I got the copy I requested 3 weeks later.
The adjuster assigned to me would not return my calls or answer them. Next day a new adjuster was assigned to me that answered on the 2nd ring. He told me he handles cases with attorneys involved. This guy even returned phone calls when he did not know the answer.
After being seen by a doctor they sent me for an MRI. I had 4 herniated discs in my neck and 3 places where my spinal cord narrowed to almost half putting pressure on nerves. I thought I was just still hurting from the hit.. Had I not have gone this could have been a lingering issue for many years. Why take the risk?
Your going to need the attorney to fight back against aftermarket parts if fixed, diminished value or total value, and to psuh the insurance company to make decisions. The person who hit me had their car totaled and a check in hand in two weeks. (Im not the only person or thing they hit)

I got extremely lucky they missed my door and nailed the front end. Mine was all my front suspension plus most of the front body. Camaro parts are actually cheap and available. Things like the a-pillar and frame will make a big difference but insurance companies do not have to total a vehicle. The shop I was at had a Tundra they were replacing the frame on and said the repairs were at 10k over the value of the truck.

Had so much anxiety over my car not being right. After all most of the whole front end was replaced.. The body shop took almost 3 months to fix it. The guy said all the things I wanted to here such as we are not a volume shop. Things take longer but they are 100% when they leave. We take the time to align panels and always fight against aftermarket parts. We cross shop and try to get dealers to match prices or get close to used part prices. The owner explained the painting process in detail on how things are blended to fool the eye. They use curves and body lines to mask subtle shade differences. No one I have showed it to can figure out what they painted. Every panel looks like factory gaps. The alignment is spot on. They installed the SC reservoir for me so we didn't have to mess with bleeding it. My car is a 9.9 out of 10. My only gripe is the paint fumes inside are enough to make you high. There are no rattles, bangs, squeaks, or anything. I would say it drives just like new with a better alignment. It also could be I had to drive the wife's charger for 3 months and forgot how nice the zl1 handles. Anyway take your time on a shop. Explain your expectations up front. Look at their work present and past. If you see a enormous amount of grocery beaters keep looking. The shop I picked had an Audi S5, brand new Lexus with less than 1k miles, and a heavily customized 2500 diesel in it. They also had some bad ass equipment for a shop that was a small mom and pop place.

Sorry for the long post and I hope it helps.

Here in Florida due to all the fraud if you don't see a doctor or go to the hospital within 14 days you're basically screwed.

When I got hit in my Mustang and wanted a depreciation check my insurance company gave me the agents contact info of the old guy who hit me. The guy was basically a pr*ck. Wouldn't pick up the phone or return calls until I emailed him. Basically wanted tons of pics and basically the run around BS so I wouldn't file for it it seemed.

Granted, this was a rear end collision and the repair bill was only around $950. He was likely figuring since it was a low repair cost that I'd just give up and go away.

It wasn't worth the cost paying a lawyer to get a diminished value check. If it was my new Camaro though and got damaged I WOULD be getting a lawyer to get me a check.

There is no way with a car like yours and the OP if it got F*cked up that bad and wasn't totaled that I wouldn't get a lawyer and go after the company for a nice diminished value check. Your car is tainted now.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:17 AM   #30
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10Jay View Post
First accident and was wondering if my car is totaled. Was blindsided by pickup truck while turning and airbag deployed.

Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:29 AM   #31
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they totaled it. However, with the used car prices sky high, if he gets fair market value and has another car to drive I'd hold out for awhile and when prices get cheap score a good deal on a used on.

You'd get burned trying to buy a used one right now.

If I really needed one and couldn't find a used one at a good price I'd be temped to go to the dark side and get a used Mustang GT which is cheaper right now and then super charge it and make it faster than the SS if you need speed.
Old 03-30-2021, 10:49 AM   #32
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
My guess is totalled. It's insane how expensive repairs are on new cars. When my mazda got a love tap and some minor scratches and scuffs it was over 1k to repair and repaint it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:51 PM   #33
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Sorry for your loss, OP.

Probably totalled. I wouldn't want to have to repair or replace that side steel doorframe panel... the sucker is huge and touches/affects just about every other part of the car.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 01:43 PM   #34
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
OP hasn't been back here in awhile, hoping he didn't suffer some injuries that didn't crop up until later.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:08 PM   #35
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Hope you’re alright and nothing happened to you later on since you got hit on the drivers side door.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:21 PM   #36
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
OP hasn't been back here in awhile, hoping he didn't suffer some injuries that didn't crop up until later.

Yea. Personally like in his case I wouldn't post too much about it online for everyone to see. Any evidence can be used. Keep your mouth shut as much as possible.

When I got rear ended in my older Mustang it wasn't until about 12 hours later I felt sore for a few days. The Crumble zones on the newer cars are much better.

It makes you think about these football players with CTE and all these nasty hits they take from guys who weigh 250-300lbs multiple times for years. No wonder why some of them are Fd up.