Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-08-2018, 05:37 AM   #1
Tha_Infamous_E

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Brandmotion Curb Alert

Was interested in purchasing the pro version that comes with the radar + camera for the front bumper of my Camaro, however, been trying to get a few answers to my questions that I can't seem to find them anywhere... the merchant isn't able to answer them either for some strange reason. Hopefully someone that has the unit installed can explain this to me...

- Does this alert you on curbs or obstacles also approaching from the side as if you're pulling over to the shoulder of a lane to park on the side of the street to save the side of the fenders or is this only made for alerting curb or obstacle DIRECTLY in front of your curb?

- Has anyone been successfully able to wire their front camera that comes with the kit into the OEM infotainment system built in the Camaro or was an additional TFT LCD screen or something of that nature required to view the live footage?

- How exactly does it determine when to alert you and when to ignore the obstacle in front? I'm pretty sure if you're approaching a piece of paper on the road, it won't alert me, but how does it recognize this? If it's due to the height-level of where the alert is installed, does this mean it's recommended to have it installed under the bumper as opposed to inside of the bumper grille for better accuracy?
Tha_Infamous_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:18 AM   #2
Tha_Infamous_E

Anyone?
Old 08-14-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
See the DIY section for my post on installing the audio curb alert. It shows where to mount the sensor I don't think anyone here has any experience with their new camera addition but yes it takes a separate display.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
See the DIY section for my post on installing the audio curb alert. It shows where to mount the sensor I don't think anyone here has any experience with their new camera addition but yes it takes a separate display.
Appreciate it but your thread doesn't answer the questions specifically - I already know the generality of what it offers, I'm more hung-up on the specifics that no one seems to really be answering.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #5
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
5thGenDIY vendor.. has option to modify firmware on 8" screen to accept front camera input.. like on corvette.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:55 PM   #6
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
5thGenDIY vendor.. has option to modify firmware on 8" screen to accept front camera input.. like on corvette.
Yes, they require the HMI to be switched out which seems like the best and only option at this point for an OEM-set-up but I don't see how it would be compatible with Brandmotion specifically? They'd require their own front camera and they don't sell side-cameras which I would like also.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #7
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Replace rear view mirror with one of those wq built-in screen, so you can feed it your own video stream, perhaps tied to rear gear switch.. ?

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:35 AM   #8
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
Replace rear view mirror with one of those wq built-in screen, so you can feed it your own video stream, perhaps tied to rear gear switch.. ?
You mean remove the OEM infotainment system and install an aftermarket one?
Old 09-13-2018, 06:20 AM   #9
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-R.../dp/B00BAZPMJ8

So you add second LCD screen you control, no interface to OE systems.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #10
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Infamous_E View Post
Was interested in purchasing the pro version that comes with the radar + camera for the front bumper of my Camaro, however, been trying to get a few answers to my questions that I can't seem to find them anywhere... the merchant isn't able to answer them either for some strange reason. Hopefully someone that has the unit installed can explain this to me...

- Has anyone been successfully able to wire their front camera that comes with the kit into the OEM infotainment system built in the Camaro or was an additional TFT LCD screen or something of that nature required to view the live footage?
I don't have a curb alert system or front camera installed, but I've been looking into installing a front camera. If you're referring to the Brandmotion 5000-CA6, it doesn't look like it includes any components that would allow you to connect to the OEM infotainment screen. You would need something like the NavTool GMBOX3.0 to do so.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:50 PM   #11
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
Something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-R.../dp/B00BAZPMJ8

So you add second LCD screen you control, no interface to OE systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I don't have a curb alert system or front camera installed, but I've been looking into installing a front camera. If you're referring to the Brandmotion 5000-CA6, it doesn't look like it includes any components that would allow you to connect to the OEM infotainment screen. You would need something like the NavTool GMBOX3.0 to do so.

Oh no, that I understand, I can always add an additional LCD screen if needed, I just preferred not doing it if there's a cleaner installation tactic - don't want a bunch of random gadgets and shit all over the place.

My main concern is how it signals things to the side of you? All the demonstration videos show a box placed directly in front of the radar, but none by the side of the fender resembling a curb being pulled-up on from the side or anything of the sort, which is the most important use of this device. It's more common for the side of the fenders to get scrapped than someone straight-on driving through shit in the front of the bumper.