Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 07-26-2020, 06:27 PM   #1
Doc Oc

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Stabillitrak Issue....jack failed

Hope someone can help. Installed a bmr rear sway bar and lowering springs today. I did the front yesterday and all went well, car drove great. Today's install went fine, however when I raised the car to remove the jackstands, the jack failed just after I'd moved one stand and the car fell about 3" before the remaining (drivers) stand caught it. Of course this twisted the vehicle at a bad angle and I got it back up as fast as possible. Couldn't find any damage however, upon test driving it I noticed it's now pulling hard to the right and I've got the "service stabillitrak" message. Visual inspection reveals nothing unusual front or back. Anyone have any ideas? I want to do a little trouble shooting if possible before taking it to the dealer as I know they're going to question the spring/sway install. Thanks!
Doc Oc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:38 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Somethings either heavily bent or broken. That impact from the jack failing was all it needed to cause damage. If you can’t visually see the damaged piece then you may have to take it apart or have a alignment shop take a look. It probably also bent a bolt or two but you’re gonna need to replace some suspension piece. I doubt the sway bar or springs had issue, probably one of the control arms or endlinks, check all pieces front and rear
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:38 AM   #3
Doc Oc

Thanks. Pretty much my thoughts, gonna take it apart again in a few
Old 07-27-2020, 08:15 AM   #4
Doc Oc

I'm also wondering if the stabillitrak light will come on just from messed up alignment or is there also an issue with the st system?
Old 07-27-2020, 10:01 AM   #5
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
I'm also wondering if the stabillitrak light will come on just from messed up alignment or is there also an issue with the st system?
Stabilitrak will come on from messed up alignment but only really when it’s been smacked pretty hard.

I hydroplaned last year and the rear wheel smacked the median and stabilitrak came on, after replacing all the damaged pieces the light went away by itself even before I got a alignment
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote