Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-10-2020, 07:57 PM   #15
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
Can't be a Camaro. That would be promoting the car.
GM can't have that.
You do know it's already in Hawaii five-o.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #16
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
You do know it's already in Hawaii five-o.
So? KR would just be more promtion, which GM doesn't like.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:00 PM   #17
Hekate1

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
nah,

smokey and the bandit drive a used BMW M4 and basically drive like bmw drivers.

The whole show is them thinking they're outlaws but in reality everyone is just trying to avoid crashing into them because they refuse to use their gdamn blinkers and try to take highway exits at the last possible minute from 2-3 lanes over.

The Mustang kitt image is missing torn clothing and blood splatter on the grill. Also that shot should have been in front of a starbucks right before he inexplicably takes kitt sideways into a median that wasn't in front of him.

The whole show is just kitt running over people, racing absolutely everyone who looks like they're under 30 and male at every light and starting the day trying to create new youtube videos coming out of coffee shops and running over any pedestrians / bystanders within 50 ft of the car.
Omg yes!!
Hekate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:49 PM   #18
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Well, damn if the C8 Corvette ain't what KITT should be!!!!

Name:  NEWKITT.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  NEWKITT2.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  150.1 KB

Name:  NEWKITT3.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  58.5 KB

Seriously, the real production interior of the 2020 Corvette would have made the biggest Knight Rider fans like me go crazy if we saw it in KITT in 1982. It could realistically be the natural progression from the sci-fi fantasy of what KITT was in 1982 to real modern technology in 2020. Just replace the Corvette logo on the infotainment screen with Knight Industries Two Thousand, add artificial intelligence that can speak English and no other modifications are needed!
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:56 PM   #19
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

For reference the original KITT:

Name:  KITT.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  111.2 KB

Name:  KITT2.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  217.8 KB
Old 08-10-2020, 10:02 PM   #20
turbo2ltr

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
They better hurry up. Mr Feeny is 93 years old.

Knight Rider was probably my most favorite show growing up. One of the reasons I love technology so much. Watching reruns is pretty cringy, but still good in all its 80's glory. Reboots...well we'll see.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:32 PM   #21
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
I never liked the idea of replacing the original KITT with another car. It's like having your favorite TV character's actor being replaced with someone totally different. It'll never feel the same.

If they ever bring back this KR reboot they've been going on about for 4 years, I think they should bring the original KITT. I would be okay if they would at least innovate on the older model, or do a body swap on a car that still adheres to some of the classics while being fresh and new.

It'd be nice to see KITT with LEDs, aerodynamic grill vents, and an up to date interior. It would be more disappointing to see KITT with the bulkier exterior that most new cars behold. It already didn't work in 2008.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:52 PM   #22
Highland

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2017 2500HD, 2014 H
If they use a mustang, they need to change the name to "The Catfish Chronicles"
Highland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:53 PM   #23
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
I never liked the idea of replacing the original KITT with another car. It's like having your favorite TV character's actor being replaced with someone totally different. It'll never feel the same.

If they ever bring back this KR reboot they've been going on about for 4 years, I think they should bring the original KITT. I would be okay if they would at least innovate on the older model, or do a body swap on a car that still adheres to some of the classics while being fresh and new.

It'd be nice to see KITT with LEDs, aerodynamic grill vents, and an up to date interior. It would be more disappointing to see KITT with the bulkier exterior that most new cars behold. It already didn't work in 2008.
I think that until the C8 there was never a car that had the right lines of the 1982 Trans Am, especially in black. I agree with you on every car all the "reboots" have used over the years since the original, they've all sucked. But the C8 is a worthy successor.

Knight Rider was my second favorite show growing up right behind the Dukes so I'm with you on everything you said. But I just think the C8 is perfect and the first perfect car befitting KITT since the '82 Trans Am.

Part of the problem with all the reboots since the original went off the air is that they used different colors if I'm not mistaken. KITT must be black with tan interior.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:00 AM   #24
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Even though the Original Knight Rider was before my time I instantly liked the show. I would say if it were up to me use a GM Car like the Camaro, C8 or if they can just use the original Trans Am. So many fans have built replicas of em. EDIT: Just don't do that transformer BS that was in the 2008 series with the Mustang that pretty much was one of the giant reasons it killed the show for many.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:47 AM   #25
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
You know, the C8 isn't all that much more expensive than the camaro. Why can't the interior of the camaro be as awesome as the c8?

Also, when you buy the car, do they sell you special corvette pants that can handle the raging boner you'll have whenever you drive it around?
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:02 PM   #26
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
No KITT is a Trans AM. He is not a Mustang a Camaro or any other PO@$%$ they try to make him into.

Yes I'm still pissed I can't buy a new Trans AM :-)
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:43 PM   #27
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Yes I'm still pissed I can't buy a new Trans AM :-)
You aren't the only one on here, brother

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #28
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
should stick with the 82'. still looks leaner and slicker than anything today