Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 07-02-2020, 05:42 PM   #29
wintertopdown

Drives: 22 Convertible V8 LT1
you installed linux on the dash? please explain
wintertopdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 02:46 AM   #30
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Thank you for posting all of this. There is no doubt this is going to help someone, years from now, when having a similar issue!
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:05 PM   #31
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertopdown View Post
you installed linux on the dash? please explain
Actually I didnt. It was after installing everything I was doing some tests with the gds2 software and this image popped up. Thought it was interesting so I added it to the pictures I uploaded. I would assume gm must be using Linux somewhat in the system for this to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodbytes View Post
Thank you for posting all of this. There is no doubt this is going to help someone, years from now, when having a similar issue!
That was my biggest hope and why I did this. I couldn't find anything that helped much when doing research beforehand. Hope it helps at least one other person out.
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 04:13 PM   #32
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by squish72 View Post
Started last fall before winter hit where regardless of where the dual climate control was set on that's side it would blow hot air. Sometimes it would work as normal, but noticed yesterday it was hot again. Fingers crossed it's just one of the temperature sensors as the alternative is pulling the whole dash and tie bar out. I do have a vxdiag so im hoping I can check the sensors before digging in too deep.

Has anyone else been into theirs or even has this issue? Car is out of warranty and I live a 4 hour drive from any dealership.
Do you happen to know where the temp sensors are on the drivers side? I'm having issues on my driver side now that summer has arrived here in Texas. I'm thinking mine is a temp sensor because it does eventually get cold like the passenger side but after about 90% of my commute back home from work.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #33
squish72

There are 4 total temp sensors. Two for each side of the vehicle. One on the floor vent and one behind the stereo display. Floor one shouldn't need any removal of any thing to get to it. The one behind the screen with obviously need that removed first.

Would need to check them with a gds2 scanner to be sure that's the problem though
Old 07-23-2020, 08:16 PM   #34
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the info squish. You wouldn't happen to have any photos or the part number for the sensors would you? I'm sure I can find it once I get under there and look at the one on the floor vent just getting the time to do it is the hard part. I might check the actuator under there as well even though I don't think it's the problem because I don't hear any strange noises like I did when the one went out on my impala's passenger side.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #35
squish72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Thanks for the info squish. You wouldn't happen to have any photos or the part number for the sensors would you? I'm sure I can find it once I get under there and look at the one on the floor vent just getting the time to do it is the hard part. I might check the actuator under there as well even though I don't think it's the problem because I don't hear any strange noises like I did when the one went out on my impala's passenger side.
I do not have any of that info. In one of my pictures with with my dash torn apart you can see one of the sensors still in the duct but its not a clear picture but all I have. I do lean to that not being your issue by the way it sounds but for your sake I hope it is.