Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2022, 12:45 PM   #1
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
FIX82/twk d8 help

I have started a new post to see if I am on the right page so to speak. I have attached two drawings of how I think the FIX82/TWK D8 need to be wired. Before I give up and have it professionally installed, I want to learn and do it myself. If anyone has a great deal of knowledge with wiring these items, please review the drawings and let me know how far off I am or if I’m on the right track. Hope the drawings make sense. The second one is the same as the first with the addition of removing the speaker wires I will not be reusing. I will be running all new speaker wire to all speakers from my amps.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Kevin
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2022, 10:29 AM   #2
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Guess I'm in the wrong forum....lol
Old 05-19-2022, 02:03 PM   #3
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
You can't cut the wires, the amplifier will fail speaker diagnostics
Old 05-20-2022, 11:21 AM   #4
DarkKnyte

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
I'm working on my own setup using the Fix86 & Twk 88, so I'm a bit ahead of where you are now. I will eventually/hopefully make a thread about it to help others. I see I should probably get started on that. What you have in your drawing is unlikely to work and has some fundamental issues like how you are handling an 8/9 speaker system with only 4 amp channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblaue
You can't cut the wires, the amplifier will fail speaker diagnostics
I don't know about earlier Camaros, but my 2021 did not complain about having some or all of the speakers completely disconnected. I ran it for a long time with just the center channel connected while I was working on the amp rack and wiring harness. No codes or complaints about speaker diagnostics.
DarkKnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:54 PM   #5
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
It should set fault code, if you look with an OBDII scanner. Depending which channel, it may not chime for your back sensors.