Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-24-2017, 04:57 PM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
How long have you've known about this Mr. Wyndham?
No comment.

And...the final identity was a surprise.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:03 PM   #30
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
No comment.

I watch you now.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #31
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
This 1LE option on the ZL1 addresses a few items from the standard ZL1 offerings I was hoping could be addressed.

The RIMS are sweet!
It has the dark rear tail lamps
If I cant have a dovetail factory spoiler, I may as well go big with the wing.
It appears the front wheel gap has been decreased.

Now my concern is at what extra cost?

Still nice to have choices, thanks GM.

Come on Lottery!!!!
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:05 PM   #32
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoent View Post
Resale of the early adopter ZL1 6spd cars just shit the bed. That's pretty annoying.

Also a bit confused that the 10spd isn't offered. I wonder if that will come after the LCI versions of the car debut to pick interest back up.

It could also be that the 10 spd just isn't as good as they thought, and maybe they are looking at a nice dual clutch to go with it!
I doubt it, this car is pretty extreme and likely a lot more expensive than the already pricey ZL1. Truth be told, there is not a lot of room for a $70+k Camaro at Chevy. The front is hideous and too busy. This will be a low volume car. The new ZL1 is a 50th anniversary addition and I believe will hold more value in the end.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #33
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
No comment.

Can you divulge anything in regards to a Z28 being revealed or can you confirm this is the replacement??

Sorry if I'm putting you on the spot.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:08 PM   #34
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Can you divulge anything in regards to a Z28 being revealed or can you confirm this is the replacement??

Sorry if I'm putting you on the spot.
I highly doubt anyone has seen anything of a Z/28 ever at this point. It is clear the care everyone thought was a Z/28 was actually the ZL1 1LE.

If a Z/28 comes it will share a lot of the ZR1 stuff, is my guess.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #35
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Interesting for a hard core track package there isn't an A10 option considering how much GM has been touting it as the be all, end all of transmissions and so much faster than the manual.
I find this interesting as well.

The initial testing by motor trend yielded better times with the manual transmission. After they continued to work with the A10, they eventually got a better time with it. Some people speculated that the manual transmission could have benefited from similar adjustments, and maybe it didn't get a fair shake.

The fact that GM chose a manual for their most track capable Camaro ever either means they’re holding back the A10 for a ZL1 1LE R , or maybe GM really knows the manual is superior to the A10 on the track.

It's all very interesting for sure. I assumed GM was holding back the ZL1 6-speed Nurburgring times due to cost (having to compensate the track), but now I'm not so sure.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:11 PM   #36
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71

Last edited by BahamaTodd; 02-24-2017 at 05:35 PM.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #37
ELS1

Drives: N/A
Amazing!

Old 02-24-2017, 05:13 PM   #38
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
My first reaction seeing the car without knowing the contents was that they threw a weird name on what should have been the Z/28. Knowing it still has the LT4 and is manual only they named it just right. Another great Camaro to own the track. Nicely done.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:14 PM   #39
Tim Adams

Drives: 2020 Elkhart Lake Blue 1LT Z51 C8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Will the 1LE option for the SS be discontinued? Another thought on the suspension name they should have called it the F41 package. Taken from the 3rd gen.
Why would they do that. Most can't afford the ZL1 1LE, I'm sure it will still be available.

2020 C8 ordered!!

"The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches"

www.timadamsphotography.com
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #40
eddie c
BOAT SALESMAN

Drives: 2017 Hyper Conv, CFH, ZL1, A10
Wish it came in a A10 and almost glad my order hasn't been accepted yet. What else is yet to come?!
eddie c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:16 PM   #41
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Press Release:
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...camaroZL1.html

Quote:
“The track-focused 1LE package offers progressive levels of performance across the Camaro lineup, from the V6 1LE to the SS 1LE,” said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer. “But with the new ZL1 1LE, the progression takes a quantum leap — this is the ultimate track-day Camaro.”

In preliminary testing, the new ZL1 1LE was 3 seconds faster than the standard ZL1 Coupe around General Motors’ 2.9-mile, 18-turn Milford Road Course test track.

The improved track performance is driven by four key elements:

Aerodynamics:
New aero features including a carbon fiber rear wing, specific air deflectors and dive planes on the front fascia produce grip-generating downforce to help the car stick harder and drive faster in turns.

Adjustable suspension:
The ZL1 1LE features racing-derived, lightweight Multimatic DSSV® (Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve) dampers front and rear for exceptional wheel and vehicle control. The front-end ride height is adjustable with the front dampers, which are used with all-new, adjustable camber plates. The rear stabilizer bar also offers three-way adjustability. All of the components are designed for quick changes at the track for optimal performance and a quick return to street settings when the track day ends.

Wheels and tires:
New, lightweight forged aluminum wheels are an inch wider but an inch smaller in diameter, front and rear, than standard ZL1 wheels and are used with new Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires that deliver max lateral grip of 1.10g. Developed exclusively for the Camaro ZL1 1LE, the 3R tires are designed to warm up faster to help maintain more consistent grip and speed, lap after lap. The overall footprint grows approximately 10 percent over the ZL1, but the wheel-and-tire package weighs about 1.5 pounds (3.3 kg) less per corner.

Lighter weight:
The lighter wheels and dampers, along with reduced thickness rear glass and a fixed-back rear seat, contribute to an approximately 60-pound (27 kg) lower curb weight than a standard ZL1 Coupe.

“The new Camaro ZL1 1LE offers the supreme track experience,” said Mark Dickens, executive director, Chevrolet Performance Variants, Parts and Motorsports Engineering. “It’s the pinnacle of Camaro performance and advances the 1LE’s nearly 30-year legacy of uncompromising, track-tailored capability.”

The power behind the ZL1 1LE is the 650-horsepower, supercharged LT4 engine backed by a six-speed manual transmission featuring Active Rev Match. Brembo brakes, including red calipers with the 1LE logo, are also included. Additional standard features include dual-zone automatic climate control, Bose premium audio system, heated/ventilated front seats and heated steering wheel.

The 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE goes on sale later this year. Pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date.
Attached Images

BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:16 PM   #42
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Wow, 1.10 g's.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote