Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-19-2022, 09:10 PM   #1
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
??? Taller Hood Extractor Out There ???

I've tried searching (because swear I remember seeing a thread about one) but I'll be d@mn3d if I can find it. I've tried Google'ing (my search skills aren't great), but has anyone seen a taller extractor replacement out there? I know there is a CF hood out there, with an integrated taller extractor-type bulge, but I'm wondering if anyone's seen just a replacement extractor that's taller and a direct drop-in?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:39 AM   #2
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I can talk to Trufiber to make one but it would take a year to do unless you wanted to pay the mold fee and you would be the sole seller of the part I think the minimum order would be about 21 pieces (1) piece being the sample.

When I sold EDF planes I would gather preorders at a discount to pay for the mold fees worked well unless the date was pushed back then you had a lot people mad and charging back.

could do a preorder here as well if you didn't have the money up front for the R&D and mold fee. I would assume get a damaged part build it up with foam, cut and sand then cover in fiberglass and gel coat, then make a mold from that.

Honestly I would give it go myself if I knew there was enough money to be made. I could make the mold for sure. the carbon part is the hard part making the weave straight no bubbles ect..

I made a perfect mold of the LPE hood insert bought the vacuum machine, resin, and carbon and just haven't had time to make the 1st part. I been extremely busy keeping these maggy guys in CK hahahahhahaha!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 12:20 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I can talk to Trufiber to make one but it would take a year to do unless you wanted to pay the mold fee and you would be the sole seller of the part I think the minimum order would be about 21 pieces (1) piece being the sample.

When I sold EDF planes I would gather preorders at a discount to pay for the mold fees worked well unless the date was pushed back then you had a lot people mad and charging back.

could do a preorder here as well if you didn't have the money up front for the R&D and mold fee. I would assume get a damaged part build it up with foam, cut and sand then cover in fiberglass and gel coat, then make a mold from that.

Honestly I would give it go myself if I knew there was enough money to be made. I could make the mold for sure. the carbon part is the hard part making the weave straight no bubbles ect..

I made a perfect mold of the LPE hood insert bought the vacuum machine, resin, and carbon and just haven't had time to make the 1st part. I been extremely busy keeping these maggy guys in CK hahahahhahaha!
Someone needs to keep us in check

Interesting... I thought I saw one somewhere, so I must've been wrong (won't be the first or last time...).

Unless the quality is as good as OEM, I wouldn't do it. As it is, OEM isn't great, but if it was close, price-dependent, I'd be interested.

You don't need an autoclave or whatever for something like this?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 05-24-2022, 02:30 PM   #4
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
No not on this just a resin for 500 degree or more. Prepeg with an oven would be over kill that's really for the lightest most durable part needed.. a vacuum bag infusion is just fine for this and will be Cosmeticly pleasing. I think the quality of the clear coat is wear most places skimp. Gm parts you will see are pretty good except the edges where the clear is thinner it tends to leave the carbon somewhat exposed after a few years of sun and cleaning(rubbing). People that have 18 zl1 1le can check the leading edge of the back of there spoilers for what I'm talking about.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:41 PM   #5
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
I think that Hendrick made one for the HERTZ ZL1. I don't think any were ever for sale.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...EDITION-249010

"To make room for the new supercharger, a hand-built carbon-fiber hood insert was designed and manufactured by Hendrick Motorsports".
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:05 AM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

AH!!! Maybe that was it.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 06-20-2022, 01:54 PM   #7
DriverDan

Drives: 18 ZLE
Hennessey put one on their Resurrection cars but I doubt they've sold it separately. You could contact them and ask.
DriverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 02:42 PM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Thanks for the suggestion!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"