Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 02-07-2022, 11:19 PM   #1
JohnPrime

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible
Unhappy Right Rear Window Won't Work After *BAD* Jumpstart

I left my dash cam on, and my battery was so drained I couldn't get the car started with a portable jump starter. So my son offered to give me a jumpstart, and I was hesitant, but agreed.

I warned him to "check the battery" on his car to make sure he connected them correctly, and he said "I know what I'm doing."

WELL... he didn't, and he reversed the polarity (connected the red lead to the ground wire) because his battery has a black sleeve on his positive terminal, which I agree is misleading (and stupid) BUT, I told him to ALWAYS read the damn battery and look for the + and - on it.

Sparks shot up 2 feet from his battery and from my jumpstart post under the hood (battery is in the trunk)

After connecting them correctly, and letting it sit for 10 minutes I was able to get the engine to turn over.

I got the "roll your left window down and up" message, and one for the right window, and they seem fine. BUT, the reader right window does not move. It doesn't respond to the controls at all.

So I checked the two 30a fuses in the trunk for right window 1 and left window 1, and they are fine (Swapped them out just to test, and yes, they are fine)

But I can't find in the online manual anything about the rear window fuses or relay's.

I am really hoping someone can help.

The other 3 windows are fine. I can't really test the top, because I can't lower the right rear window.
JohnPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 03:20 PM   #2
L98 Z28

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6spd Convertible NFG
Could it be the same fuses as the front windows? Since the left rear still works, you could remove the left front window fuse and see if the left rear still works or not to determine if it's on the same circuit.
L98 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 03:40 PM   #3
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Check to see if the relays are in the trunk. Lots of stuff under the floor pad.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:21 AM   #4
JohnPrime

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible
UPDATE: Fixed the problem.

Someone on Reddit suggested disconnecting both battery terminals and leaving the battery disconnected for 5 minutes before reconnecting.

Like magic, all four windows work perfectly now and I was able to take the top down.

Posting this here in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPrime View Post
I left my dash cam on, and my battery was so drained I couldn't get the car started with a portable jump starter. So my son offered to give me a jumpstart, and I was hesitant, but agreed.

I warned him to "check the battery" on his car to make sure he connected them correctly, and he said "I know what I'm doing."

WELL... he didn't, and he reversed the polarity (connected the red lead to the ground wire) because his battery has a black sleeve on his positive terminal, which I agree is misleading (and stupid) BUT, I told him to ALWAYS read the damn battery and look for the + and - on it.

Sparks shot up 2 feet from his battery and from my jumpstart post under the hood (battery is in the trunk)

After connecting them correctly, and letting it sit for 10 minutes I was able to get the engine to turn over.

I got the "roll your left window down and up" message, and one for the right window, and they seem fine. BUT, the reader right window does not move. It doesn't respond to the controls at all.

So I checked the two 30a fuses in the trunk for right window 1 and left window 1, and they are fine (Swapped them out just to test, and yes, they are fine)

But I can't find in the online manual anything about the rear window fuses or relay's.

I am really hoping someone can help.

The other 3 windows are fine. I can't really test the top, because I can't lower the right rear window.
JohnPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 07:33 AM   #5
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPrime View Post
UPDATE: Fixed the problem.

Someone on Reddit suggested disconnecting both battery terminals and leaving the battery disconnected for 5 minutes before reconnecting.

Like magic, all four windows work perfectly now and I was able to take the top down.

Posting this here in case anyone else has this problem in the future.
Another one solved by the mighty reboot

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:42 AM   #6
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
Now it's time to reboot your son, in the butt.
No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convertable, fuse, rear, relay, windows