Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-07-2021, 07:31 PM   #1
Camaro2022

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Semi-Conductor Wait Time

It appears that, at least for some of us, the wait continues.

For what it's worth, here's a copy/paste of the note that I just received from GM Customer Service. It's regarding my 3LT which is currently, according to the Jack Cooper updates, sitting at the DV Lansing VDC CN Yard.

Based on previous thread responses, it appeared that we were in (hopeful) agreement that my Camaro was awaiting further shipping. The dealer had already told me that it wasn't ready and in fact that it was in a lot waiting for an ECM chip installation.

Unless I'm alone in this one, it will be a while for many of us to get our 2021 and possibly 2022 builds. One caveat: I'm in Canada (possibly, why it's taking so long).

So, here's what GM Customer Service tells me about a 2021 build that I think started back in February:

"I have located your order and can see that your vehicle has been produced and awaiting supply of semi-conductors to complete final installation, testing and quality approvals, before it will be ready for final shipment. I recommend that you reach back out to us in 4-6 weeks for a status update. Due to the global semi-conductor shortage impacting all manufacturers, this is the best information available at this time."
Camaro2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:47 PM   #2
taprxxt

Drives: 2000 Pewter WS6, 2022 RBM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2022 View Post
It appears that, at least for some of us, the wait continues.

For what it's worth, here's a copy/paste of the note that I just received from GM Customer Service. It's regarding my 3LT which is currently, according to the Jack Cooper updates, sitting at the DV Lansing VDC CN Yard.

Based on previous thread responses, it appeared that we were in (hopeful) agreement that my Camaro was awaiting further shipping. The dealer had already told me that it wasn't ready and in fact that it was in a lot waiting for an ECM chip installation.

Unless I'm alone in this one, it will be a while for many of us to get our 2021 and possibly 2022 builds. One caveat: I'm in Canada (possibly, why it's taking so long).

So, here's what GM Customer Service tells me about a 2021 build that I think started back in February:

"I have located your order and can see that your vehicle has been produced and awaiting supply of semi-conductors to complete final installation, testing and quality approvals, before it will be ready for final shipment. I recommend that you reach back out to us in 4-6 weeks for a status update. Due to the global semi-conductor shortage impacting all manufacturers, this is the best information available at this time."
Not great news. It'd be interesting to know if the 21s that were built a while ago and sitting in yards waiting for chips are being prioritized over 22s. Given 22s are going out it doesn't seem that way which is pretty unfortunate for someone who placed a 21 order near the beginning of the year. Who knows, prob more involved going to get the car and finishing it as opposed to cars currently on the line with chips being dropped in right away as opposed to after the fact.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:17 AM   #3
Camaro2022

I just bought mine last week, however, knowing that it was started in Feb and that it was first Bayed Mar 2 does seem odd. I think your statement of (perhaps) it being easier to complete a new one vs. finding and completing a car (in a lot) waiting for a chip makes sense yet at the same time it is frustrating. I guess those of us already waiting can be kept waiting rather than finishing our cars and making a whole new set of customers wait (?).

In a recent article relating to the current shutdown/slowdown, I did read that the cars in lots awaiting completion were going to take priority (to some extent I guess). Perhaps Canada being a small Camaro market has something to do with it. Last year Canadians purchased about 100 a month. Less this year with the plant closure and constraints and chip issues.

I'm hoping that it gets here sooner than later but I'm thinking with the 4-6 week timeline from GM Customer Service and then shipping I won't see it until Halloween (?). And that means, that I won't really be driving it other than the odd day until May 1 (I planned or plan on parking it for the winter from Nov 1 to May 1).

Good luck to everyone waiting/hoping!
Old 09-08-2021, 03:22 AM   #4
JDaniels609

Drives: ‘22 2ss
Seems weird to me that 21s are sitting as 22s are beginning to teach lots… makes me wonder when I could possibly see my car that just hit 2000 status today..
Old 09-08-2021, 05:50 PM   #5
Camaro2022

Hello again, I was able to verify from GM Customer Service that they are awaiting 'supply' of semiconductor chips to complete my build. I knew they were short in supply, but I didn't think they were 'out' as far as Camaro's are concerned (or at least for my 2021 build).

I think this (bad, unfortunate) news coincides with some recently pushed TPW dates for some of the 2022's on this site. I just read that a Sept TPW is now a Nov TPW. My barely knowledgeable guess is the semiconductor chips at a minimum for the reasoning behind TPW's getting pushed back so far.

In the end, as I think it's only going to get worse from here, in the short term, for my own sanity, I'm glad I have a 2021 that's 'built' just waiting for the chips in order to go to QC and testing before shipment. I'm not sure I could go through the next 6-8 months wondering what's what with the 2022 I was thinking of getting. To each is own.

Best of luck everyone.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:38 AM   #6
blair_evans

Drives: 22 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Looks like Lancing Grand River Plant is idling production until Sept 27.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...fix/ar-AAOghXB
2022 Ford F350 Limited
blair_evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #7
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blair_evans View Post

Awww man...my build will never get accepted

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:14 PM   #8
Fitzie

Drives: 2017 Corvette z51
Sorry to hear that Camaro 2022. I can relate.
I ordered a 2022 2SS convertible June 7th. The dealership took my deposit
and I haven't heard from them since. I text GM customer service and asked for a production update. GM's reply was "we don't disclose that information to the public". I feel like I am in a black hole. Maybe I bought myself a Christmas present. Take care and hang in there.
Fitzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:20 PM   #9
Yaz8

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS
Just put a deposit down on our Gas insert Fireplace, salesman says it may be delayed a few months because of the chip shortage, lol
I said, "you have no Effin idea" now I'm waiting for a car and Fireplace because of the same microchip.
Yaz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #10
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blair_evans View Post

did you read the article...?
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #11
Fitzie

Drives: 2017 Corvette z51
Hi guys,
I'm 72 years old. I ordered a black 2SS convertible with white interior and white rally stripes. Pretty much loaded it up. With the chip shortage I'm not sure who will call my number first. GM's or the undertaker. Have a great day.
Fitzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:36 PM   #12
Yaz8

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzie View Post
Hi guys,
I'm 72 years old. I ordered a black 2SS convertible with white interior and white rally stripes. Pretty much loaded it up. With the chip shortage I'm not sure who will call my number first. GM's or the undertaker. Have a great day.
Best of luck to you Fitzie, my 2nd choice color combo's that I like just as much as what I went with.
It will be GM, no doubt and you'll enjoy your SS for years to come!
Yaz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:49 PM   #13
pnoman

Drives: 2021 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz8 View Post
Best of luck to you Fitzie, my 2nd choice color combo's that I like just as much as what I went with.
It will be GM, no doubt and you'll enjoy your SS for years to come!
My dad sold his c7 corvette and ordered a 2021 ZL1 which now would be a 22 build, he’ll be 80 in march. Hope it arrives soon for both of you! I just received my 2021 ZL1-1LE last week after a long wait, I placed my order Jan 16.
Good luck!
pnoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #14
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Im praying/hoping for ya'll here. My order was placed about two weeks ago now with a "hopeful" spring 2022 delivery timeframe. Who the heck knows, lol. Im sure my order hasnt been accepted yet.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote