Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-30-2021, 04:21 PM   #29
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
Got it! Constraints can differ as far as I am aware. Higher volume dealers may not have the same constraint as another. Here in Canada it's completely different as well (we get much fewer cars, but it seems to be more orderly). I think the allocations given trump any and all restrictions. If GM allows your dealer to submit it they'll have it built regardless of what they may be allowing nationally

Oh ok that make sense!

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:14 PM   #30
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
Oh ok that make sense!

Hopefully by next Spring we're in our new cars!
dfxrte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:25 PM   #31
avmac1098

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Anyone have any updates on the V6 constraint? Not sure if I should be concerned about this yet or not.
January 6: Cancelled Order
January 6: Bought a Riverside Blue LT1 V8 in-transit to a dealer
January 19: Expected delivery!!!!
January 21: Received
avmac1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:35 PM   #32
Camaro2022

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by avmac1098 View Post
Anyone have any updates on the V6 constraint? Not sure if I should be concerned about this yet or not.
I don't have a direct answer for you however, I recently decided to buy a 3LT Shock with the Shock & Steel package as I fear that we are in for even more uncertainty and I wanted to get ahead of the curve when it comes to people figuring that one out and then actually start buying up all the 2021's out there.

I wanted to get a 2021 as close to what I wanted in a 2022 and found one of 2 3LT's left (advertised at least) within a 6 hour drive. Even in buying it last week the dealer tells me that it's waiting for an ECM chip and they don't have an ETA when it will arrive. I think they originally placed the order last Feb and the first bayed date for it was Mar 2. As previously posted, my car now shows (as per Jack Cooper Transport), that it's at the 'DV Lansing VDC CN Yard'. Even with that information, the dealer tells me that it is in fact still in a lot waiting for the ECM chip to be installed. Regardless, after all these months, I wonder how how long it will take to complete all existing 2021 and current 2022 orders.

If the V6 constraint is lifted who knows what/when the next constraint will be or if in fact when your dealer gets an allocation will they even be able to get you what you ordered as you ordered it anyway.

If there's a 2021 out there that's close to your build .... ?
Camaro2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 05:30 AM   #33
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2022 View Post
I don't have a direct answer for you however, I recently decided to buy a 3LT Shock with the Shock & Steel package as I fear that we are in for even more uncertainty and I wanted to get ahead of the curve when it comes to people figuring that one out and then actually start buying up all the 2021's out there.

I wanted to get a 2021 as close to what I wanted in a 2022 and found one of 2 3LT's left (advertised at least) within a 6 hour drive. Even in buying it last week the dealer tells me that it's waiting for an ECM chip and they don't have an ETA when it will arrive. I think they originally placed the order last Feb and the first bayed date for it was Mar 2. As previously posted, my car now shows (as per Jack Cooper Transport), that it's at the 'DV Lansing VDC CN Yard'. Even with that information, the dealer tells me that it is in fact still in a lot waiting for the ECM chip to be installed. Regardless, after all these months, I wonder how how long it will take to complete all existing 2021 and current 2022 orders.

If the V6 constraint is lifted who knows what/when the next constraint will be or if in fact when your dealer gets an allocation will they even be able to get you what you ordered as you ordered it anyway.

If there's a 2021 out there that's close to your build .... ?
Im still a ways away from my hopeful delivery time of early spring 2022, but in the back of my mind Im always thinking of the Plan B. That means being willing to take a car thats close to my config that someone else cancelled or ended up in dealer stock. Something like that. Like most people that ordered a car, you ordered it the exact way or close to the exact way you wanted it. In a perfect scenario thats the car you'd get and happiness would ensue.

But, here we are, right? That means its possible you might have to bend a bit and take whats available should it come to that. I wont deviate too far from what I want but something like the color or a less important option isnt going to hold up my fun. I can be somewhat flexible here if it means not having to wait like forever.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 05:42 AM   #34
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
Yes, i'm compromising. A few months ago I said to myself I am not accepting a none 1LE v6...here I am just desperately searching for ANY v6. lol Well, not just any it must have a few options.

Anyway, to my point, since there are a huge number of 2021's sitting in factory lots, once they do ship there's going to be more 21's than 22's? We will be seeing dealers selling new cars that are 1-2 model years old. Let's hope they ship before winter weather shows up.
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #35
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosenses View Post
Yes, i'm compromising. A few months ago I said to myself I am not accepting a none 1LE v6...here I am just desperately searching for ANY v6. lol Well, not just any it must have a few options.

Anyway, to my point, since there are a huge number of 2021's sitting in factory lots, once they do ship there's going to be more 21's than 22's? We will be seeing dealers selling new cars that are 1-2 model years old. Let's hope they ship before winter weather shows up.
Yes - probably more 21s will be out there. And, there will be cancellations & deals that fall through. Always are. Thats where my Plan B could trigger. Im not waiting forever over a color(just no black or that new orange) or lack of stripes. I will give it time as I knew this was going to be a while when I ordered the car. But if the runaround lasts into early summer Im going to make a move. I MUST have a 6-speed though and really, really want to stay with the V6.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:14 AM   #36
tommcd24

Drives: 2SS M6 NPP Convertible
avmac1098 - as of last Thursday the V6 was still constrained. That happened to be when my allocation came in and I had the choice of changing engines or passing (and waiting who knows how long for allocation to come back around). I decided I'd rather spend a little more and get closer to getting my car than continue waiting for an unknown time.

I was planning on a 3LT RS and jumped up to a 2SS. I'll have all of the comfort/safety features I wanted, just with more power. I probably could have also dropped down to the T4, but that's not a direction that interested me.

Dec. 18: took her home
Dec. 9: arrival at dealer
Nov. 16-29: Toledo, OH (railyard)
Nov. 9: 3800 -> 4300 (for stripes)
Oct. 8: 3400 status TPW 10/25
Oct. 6: 3100 status TPW 10/25
Sept. 9: 3000 status TPW 10/4/2021
Sept. 3: 2000 status (after 5 1/2 months)
Sept. 2: Change Order: 2SS (V6 constraint)
April 12: Reordered as ‘22 3LT RS V6 (March 16:Initial Order ‘21 3LT RS V6)
tommcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:40 AM   #37
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcd24 View Post
avmac1098 - as of last Thursday the V6 was still constrained. That happened to be when my allocation came in and I had the choice of changing engines or passing (and waiting who knows how long for allocation to come back around). I decided I'd rather spend a little more and get closer to getting my car than continue waiting for an unknown time.

I was planning on a 3LT RS and jumped up to a 2SS. I'll have all of the comfort/safety features I wanted, just with more power. I probably could have also dropped down to the T4, but that's not a direction that interested me.
Do think this constraint affects orders for the V6 like mine that were placed just a few weeks ago? Im not expecting the car until early spring 2022. I assume by then this wont be an issue but who knows?
Old 09-07-2021, 11:44 AM   #38
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Do think this constraint affects orders for the V6 like mine that were placed just a few weeks ago? Im not expecting the car until early spring 2022. I assume by then this wont be an issue but who knows?
Your order date doesn't really enter into it, it's all about when your dealer will get an allocation for you. If the constraint is still in place when they have an allocation, they can't assign it to your order with a V6. You would either need to change your order spec, or pass on the allocation and wait for the next one to come around for you.

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #39
avmac1098

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcd24 View Post

That happened to me too and I passed. I guess I don't mind the waiting because my dealer assured me that they should have no problems getting an allocation for me once the constraint is lifted. I don't know how trustworthy that is but I have had no problems with this dealer before. Unfortunately I'm stuck because the V8 is both out of my price range and a little impractical since I am going to use this as a daily driver. I am in the 1LT-2LT range. I also am trying my hardest not to drop to the turbo engine. I need me that V6 haha. My only concern is that if this becomes such a massive problem that they end up barely producing V6s at all. But I would hope that isn't the case. I wish there was more information as to just what's wrong with the V6 and why they can't produce it. Oh well, time to just buckle up and wait.
January 6: Cancelled Order
January 6: Bought a Riverside Blue LT1 V8 in-transit to a dealer
January 19: Expected delivery!!!!
January 21: Received
avmac1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:31 PM   #40
tommcd24

Drives: 2SS M6 NPP Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by avmac1098 View Post
That happened to me too and I passed. I guess I don't mind the waiting because my dealer assured me that they should have no problems getting an allocation for me once the constraint is lifted. I don't know how trustworthy that is but I have had no problems with this dealer before. Unfortunately I'm stuck because the V8 is both out of my price range and a little impractical since I am going to use this as a daily driver. I am in the 1LT-2LT range. I also am trying my hardest not to drop to the turbo engine. I need me that V6 haha. My only concern is that if this becomes such a massive problem that they end up barely producing V6s at all. But I would hope that isn't the case. I wish there was more information as to just what's wrong with the V6 and why they can't produce it. Oh well, time to just buckle up and wait.
The biggest concern for me if I had passed is the length of time I'd have to wait. My local dealer is relatively low-volume, particularly for performance vehicles. Their last performance allocation before mine last week was in Feb... I wasn't willing to risk that they might not get another one for another 4-6 months. And tbh, part of me wanted the V8. The only thing really holding me back was the $$ and being "forced" to upgrade helped me slide it past my wife. lol. Although she didn't have that big of a problem with it either, especially once we checked with our agent and insurance wasn't much different.

It sounds like your dealer is probably a higher volume dealer, so that will hopefully work in your favor.

Dec. 18: took her home
Dec. 9: arrival at dealer
Nov. 16-29: Toledo, OH (railyard)
Nov. 9: 3800 -> 4300 (for stripes)
Oct. 8: 3400 status TPW 10/25
Oct. 6: 3100 status TPW 10/25
Sept. 9: 3000 status TPW 10/4/2021
Sept. 3: 2000 status (after 5 1/2 months)
Sept. 2: Change Order: 2SS (V6 constraint)
April 12: Reordered as ‘22 3LT RS V6 (March 16:Initial Order ‘21 3LT RS V6)
tommcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #41
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
Your order date doesn't really enter into it, it's all about when your dealer will get an allocation for you. If the constraint is still in place when they have an allocation, they can't assign it to your order with a V6. You would either need to change your order spec, or pass on the allocation and wait for the next one to come around for you.
Got it. Well, even though I really dont think I can swing it, having several months to wait it out might allow me to bump up to a V8 even though I have no strong desire for one. Im bummed they didnt have a V8 single-option in the lower pricing tiers. Like - a way to get into a base model trim V8 in the $30K range. But, you cant. No way to do it since you have to get into the LT3 or whatever package. Its $10K more for a V8, realistically. Thats significant, IMO.

So, if all else fails I could potentially look at a T4 but I dunno. If it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out. Have to shop for something else. :(
Old 09-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #42
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Got it. Well, even though I really dont think I can swing it, having several months to wait it out might allow me to bump up to a V8 even though I have no strong desire for one. Im bummed they didnt have a V8 single-option in the lower pricing tiers. Like - a way to get into a base model trim V8 in the $30K range. But, you cant. No way to do it since you have to get into the LT3 or whatever package. Its $10K more for a V8, realistically. Thats significant, IMO.

So, if all else fails I could potentially look at a T4 but I dunno. If it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out. Have to shop for something else. :(

Don't they have the LT1? It's literally a base v8 car in an RS shell
dfxrte is online now   Reply With Quote