Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 08-10-2021, 03:54 PM   #1
1 Hot Red

Drives: 2021 Riverside blue 2SS 1LE
Lightbulb Quality Inspection ?

Does anyone know what’s done during a quality inspection hold and how long one usually takes, I was informed today by my dealer that my Camaro is in quality inspection hold and there is no eta, anyone experience this and can enlighten me
Thanks
1 Hot Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 05:24 PM   #2
zookeeper

Drives: 2021 zle ordered
I am on the same boat. My built date is July 22, and it has been on bayed status for 3 weeks already. My dealer said it is quality control, no eta. I guess it is waiting for the missing parts ... microchips? who knows...
zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 05:35 PM   #3
FlipFlop

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE
My dealer just called me to let me know that my status code is 4D00 (was 4300 previously) which I believe would be for quality inspection as well. He said that he will call the GM rep tomorrow to confirm. Hopefully not too much longer of a wait...my TPW was 7/12/2021 so the car has definitely been sitting for some time.
FlipFlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:19 PM   #4
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
I will say I am a die hard Chevy guy. Have gone through multiple Camaros and Corvettes and Pontiacs. But if you have ever watched any documentary on Nat Geo or Discovery or any channel like that, watch the end of the line inspection differences between auto companies. Now I get buying a million dollar plus Bugatti or $300k plus Lambo or Ferrari is a field most of us won't know, but seeing a C7 or C8 or base to a Zl1 Camaro built. At the end of the line they are supposed to be within spec, but its almost as if, "Its just a little off. They won't notice. Only leaks a little during water test. That noise or vibration will fix itself etc. seems to be the norm." I will still buy Chevy and am getting a new ZL1. I know nothing is perfect and GM cannot inspect every new car from a Spark to Blackwing, but just a little effort.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:43 PM   #5
zookeeper

https://www.stingrayforums.com/threa...leaning.11187/

This may be helpful
Old 08-13-2021, 09:34 AM   #6
1 Hot Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
I am on the same boat. My built date is July 22, and it has been on bayed status for 3 weeks already. My dealer said it is quality control, no eta. I guess it is waiting for the missing parts ... microchips? who knows...

Any update for your car ?
Old 08-13-2021, 09:34 AM   #7
1 Hot Red

Quote:

It was helpful thanks can’t believe once it goes into Quality control their is no eta that’s the annoying part
Old 08-13-2021, 10:31 AM   #8
zookeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Hot Red View Post
Any update for your car ?
I checked with GM and my dealer, they all said vehicle has been produced and, pending some final testing and approvals, will be ready for shipment. Sitll no eta
Old 08-13-2021, 02:44 PM   #9
1 Hot Red

Question

Quote:
I checked with GM and my dealer, they all said vehicle has been produced and, pending some final testing and approvals, will be ready for shipment. Sitll no eta
I called my dealer this morning they told me same status ,they said they “tagged” it saying it might help get it faster no guarantee no eta either
Old 08-13-2021, 06:50 PM   #10
zookeeper

Quote:
I called my dealer this morning they told me same status ,they said they “tagged” it saying it might help get it faster no guarantee no eta either
I checked the shipping status by using k0jdd provided link below(thanks so much.for providing the link. k0jdd):
http://k0jdd.netlogger.org/VehicleStatus

The status has been.changed from holding to picked. My car should be coming soon. Check yours
Old 08-13-2021, 07:12 PM   #11
1 Hot Red

Quote:
I checked the shipping status by using k0jdd provided link below(thanks so much.for providing the link. k0jdd):
http://k0jdd.netlogger.org/VehicleStatus

The status has been.changed from holding to picked. My car should be coming soon. Check yours
Niceeeeeeee hopefully it gets to you soon, yours was built on the 22 you said mine the 26 maybe I have to wait another 4 more days for
Old 08-13-2021, 07:47 PM   #12
zookeeper

Quote:
Niceeeeeeee hopefully it gets to you soon, yours was built on the 22 you said mine the 26 maybe I have to wait another 4 more days for
not exact 4 more days... someone' car built on August 2nd and has been dileveried on August 11th. As you can see, the QC days MAY VARY. Hope you will get your car soon.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:21 PM   #13
1 Hot Red

Quote:
not exact 4 more days... someone' car built on August 2nd and has been dileveried on August 11th. As you can see, the QC days MAY VARY. Hope you will get your car soon.
Was that car built on the 2nd subject to QC?,I find it pretty interesting that no one (dealer, Chevy customer care, gm themselves) can give some sort of estimate on QC selected cars(for example car is delayed another 14 days due to QC) , I’m pretty sure they have a separate line of QC cars and they know how far away yours is from the actual inspection and how far in progress has been completed , anyways who knows hopefully sooner rather then later
Old 08-18-2021, 10:45 PM   #14
zookeeper

Quote:
congrats, the status of yours changed from 'HOLD' TO 'Picked' today. You will see your car soon. My car is still on 'Picked'