Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 09-13-2021, 08:43 AM   #197
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
That's easy for you to say... LOL jk Is your getting built on time? You have a VIN yet?

At least it's 2 weeks this time.. or that's what they say...
No VIN yet. My car was at 3400 status last week. So close, yet so far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCamaro View Post
My TPW is 9/13 and CHernas is 9/20 but both of our builds will be pushed back and built in the same sequence when they reopen for production the week of the 27th. However, our TPWs don't change

Lets all cross our fingers the downtime is not extended lol
This. Let's hope 2 weeks doesn't turn into to months!

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:30 AM   #198
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Well, i heard from my dealer today I am number 4 on the list. "Whatever that means" but once allocation comes in, I should get to moving but with GM Plant at idle.. well see.. I guess some news is better than no news right.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:51 AM   #199
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
Well, i heard from my dealer today I am number 4 on the list. "Whatever that means" but once allocation comes in, I should get to moving but with GM Plant at idle.. well see.. I guess some news is better than no news right.

It means there are 3 people who's order will fill before yours. Better hope they get allocated 4 1LE models basically
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:49 PM   #200
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
It means there are 3 people who's order will fill before yours. Better hope they get allocated 4 1LE models basically
Got it! Finger crossed then. I doubt this Thursday they will have allocation based on the plants idling but who knows!

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:25 PM   #201
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Was getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2021 arriving at a dealer 250 miles away tomorrow instead of waiting for my ordered 2022. Very very close in spec, main difference is that it would be an automatic instead of a manual - since I went back and forth on it when placing the order, I decided I could live with it.

Was seriously going to do it, figuring out how to get down there and everything - right up until they told me that not only would they not honor GM Supplier Discounts (which more or less offset the cost of the auto and the added red seat belts I didn't order on mine), but that I would also have to buy a $4,000 "Power Plus" package on top of MSRP for a third party extended warranty and a bunch of useless crap. Things like "lifetime paintless dent repair" and fabric and paint protection (certainly not something worth it like XPel or the equivalent which would cost nearly that much on its own). Oh, and something that will make the brake lights flash when I used them. When I balked at accepting that, his decision was to push the brake light mod, because it will look like a police car does.

Surprised I didn't hear brass clinking over the phone whenever he shifted in his chair. Told him to GTFO and ended the call. Back to waiting...

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:20 PM   #202
Aquarius

Drives: Rapid Blue 2022 Camaro 1SS
I know what you mean JKSully. I contacted almost a dozen dealerships before deciding on one of them to order my Camaro from, and a good half of them made me feel like I needed a shower after just reading their replies to my emails. Patience does have its rewards. As much as you would like a new Camaro, I am sure you would rather have one that has everything you want on it than one that has most everything. The wait just makes it more sweet when it arives.
Aquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:27 PM   #203
BundiMan
The Nights Watch

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6 Vert
Just picked up my car from the dealer. She is finally home.
TPW 8/23 24 Jul 2021
3400 30 Jul 2021
3800 26 Aug 2021
4000 1 Sep 2021
6000 14 Sep 2021
57 Days from accepted order to delivery.
19 Days from build to delivery.
BundiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:34 PM   #204
JKSully

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundiMan View Post
Just picked up my car from the dealer. She is finally home.
Pics or it didn't happen

Congrats!

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
Old 09-14-2021, 10:15 PM   #205
ihada69L78

Drives: 2023 Silverado LTZ, 2022 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
Was getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2021 arriving at a dealer 250 miles away tomorrow instead of waiting for my ordered 2022. Very very close in spec, main difference is that it would be an automatic instead of a manual - since I went back and forth on it when placing the order, I decided I could live with it.

Was seriously going to do it, figuring out how to get down there and everything - right up until they told me that not only would they not honor GM Supplier Discounts (which more or less offset the cost of the auto and the added red seat belts I didn't order on mine), but that I would also have to buy a $4,000 "Power Plus" package on top of MSRP for a third party extended warranty and a bunch of useless crap. Things like "lifetime paintless dent repair" and fabric and paint protection (certainly not something worth it like XPel or the equivalent which would cost nearly that much on its own). Oh, and something that will make the brake lights flash when I used them. When I balked at accepting that, his decision was to push the brake light mod, because it will look like a police car does.

Surprised I didn't hear brass clinking over the phone whenever he shifted in his chair. Told him to GTFO and ended the call. Back to waiting...

I think you will be happier with the manual since that was what you decided to order originally. It will be worth the wait.

Currenent rides:
2020 SW ZL1 A10
2019 SW 2SS A10
2017 SW Silverado LTZ
ihada69L78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:34 AM   #206
tommcd24

Drives: 2SS M6 NPP Convertible
Quote:

That is BS. Pisses me off when dealers try that crap. Had something similar happen earlier this summer when we were looking for a replacement vehicle for my wife. She had her mind made up on a new Hyundai Santa Fe. We were ready to buy but the dealer insisted on a $5k markup over MSRP including a bunch of crap like a first aid kit, two sets of mats, etc. We walked and they called back a week or two later to ask if we were still interested. I said only if you are ready to be reasonable on price, they said they were being reasonable, I said no thanks.

And don't get me started on the $4k extended service contracts. I usually start by asking if the vehicle is that unreliable that the service contracts costs so much. Then they fall all over themselves to ensure me that the vehicle is very reliable. So why then is the contract so expensive? I'm not going to spend $4k on something that you're telling me I shouldn't ever need...

Dec. 18: took her home
Dec. 9: arrival at dealer
Nov. 16-29: Toledo, OH (railyard)
Nov. 9: 3800 -> 4300 (for stripes)
Oct. 8: 3400 status TPW 10/25
Oct. 6: 3100 status TPW 10/25
Sept. 9: 3000 status TPW 10/4/2021
Sept. 3: 2000 status (after 5 1/2 months)
Sept. 2: Change Order: 2SS (V6 constraint)
April 12: Reordered as ‘22 3LT RS V6 (March 16:Initial Order ‘21 3LT RS V6)
tommcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:56 AM   #207
JKSully

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcd24 View Post
That is BS. Pisses me off when dealers try that crap. Had something similar happen earlier this summer when we were looking for a replacement vehicle for my wife. She had her mind made up on a new Hyundai Santa Fe. We were ready to buy but the dealer insisted on a $5k markup over MSRP including a bunch of crap like a first aid kit, two sets of mats, etc. We walked and they called back a week or two later to ask if we were still interested. I said only if you are ready to be reasonable on price, they said they were being reasonable, I said no thanks.

And don't get me started on the $4k extended service contracts. I usually start by asking if the vehicle is that unreliable that the service contracts costs so much. Then they fall all over themselves to ensure me that the vehicle is very reliable. So why then is the contract so expensive? I'm not going to spend $4k on something that you're telling me I shouldn't ever need...
That $4K package had so much other crap in it too - like LoJack. Why do I need LoJack on a car w/ OnStar and GPS? Or fabric protection on a car with leather seats? Or PDR to be performed only at a dealership that's a 4 hour drive away from me? And keep in mind, this is all on a car that was still on a truck coming to them, not one that they had already added the stuff to and couldn't remove it. Nor was it indicated on the website in any way.

I'm sure if there wasn't a supply constraint on new vehicles, they would have called me back to negotiate. And since I was already on the fence over the A10 vs M6, their stupidity was enough to push me back to the "wait for the M6" side of said fence, so really they did me a favor. Kind of feel bad for the person that walks on the lot to buy that one.

I always keep this scene from Fargo in mind when dealing with dealers...and I will not reach for the checkbook if they pull a Mr Lundegaard (language warning if you're around other people):

https://youtu.be/B2LLB9CGfLs

- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21

Last edited by JKSully; 09-15-2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:16 PM   #208
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
I haven't updated for a while, so I did take delivery of my 2022 2SS today. White M6 with NPP the only options. I ordered the car from a dealer on 7/29, car was built 9/8, and I took delivery 10/12, so just under 11 weeks. Not really that bad for today's trends. Just got it home a short bit ago, only had time for a couple of pictures. I haven't had my eyes on every inch of the car, but overall the fit and finish appear to be pretty decent. Car was unloaded with 3 miles on it. I spent a few minutes setting up Onstar and XM radio, then thought I'd set up the garage door opener. Guess I missed that all Camaro's had that feature removed in 2019.... Not a big deal, I have a door opener, I just spent 10 minutes standing in the garage reading the manual trying to figure out why I kept overlooking it!
Attached Images

Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 05:55 AM   #209
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:

Wow, you were so close! But, obviously you did the right thing here. Due to the V6 constraint and how my order from early August’s still hasn’t even been accepted yet, I too have considered hunting a bit for cars coming in that are close to what I want. Probably won’t go that way but it’s clear that we are all getting antsy here. I will at least keep my eyes on what’s coming in just in the event a car gets close enough to my own specs. The manual transmission is a big one for me though and most of the cars are automatics. That’s a tough one for me to get over! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
I know what you mean JKSully. I contacted almost a dozen dealerships before deciding on one of them to order my Camaro from, and a good half of them made me feel like I needed a shower after just reading their replies to my emails. Patience does have its rewards. As much as you would like a new Camaro, I am sure you would rather have one that has everything you want on it than one that has most everything. The wait just makes it more sweet when it arives.
Yes, I also tried a few out and some of them are crazy. Like thousands of dollars down with NO guarantee of a refund of the deal takes forever or even goes sour. One said they’d give me store credit if it fell through. I’m like on what….a Malibu? Yeah, right. Others tried to talk me up to an SS model or way over what I want to spend. The usual tactics.
As hard as this is, I’m going to try and wait it out. But I will check inventory too and ya never know. Might get lucky and find very close to what I want in PA or Ohio. If so, that’s an easy day trip to get the car!
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:13 AM   #210
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
My car is built! Now for logistics to do their thing.

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote