Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-12-2020, 06:56 PM   #1
BlacknRed1990

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0t A8
Winter Tire Recommendations

I'm on tire rack now looking for new winter tires to put on my stock 5 spoke 18 inch wheels. The 2 I'm stuck between are the Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 and the Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II. Which of these do you guys recommend or is there another tire out there that I could put on the stock wheels you would recommend? I'm in central Illinois so it does typically snow pretty hard at least a couple times per year.
Current mods: GM performance catback exhaust - JMS PEDALMAX throttle controller - K&N Drop In Air Filter - ZZP Intake Tube - ZZP catted downpipe - ZZP Larger (67mm) throttle body - BNR recirculator valve - Mishimoto intercooler pipes - Mishimoto intercooler - PTP turbo blanket - ZZP flex fuel kit - ZZP big wheel turbo - RX billet stall converter

Flex fuel tuned by ZZP

Tires: Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40/20
Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II RunonFlat 245/50/18
BlacknRed1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:18 PM   #2
RedonBlackRS

Drives: 1LT RS 2.0T 8A HD
Also in Illinois. After I bought a set of SS factory wheels & tires, I traded my factory 20s to another local guy on here who had a set of 18s with Firestone Winterforces installed (so I'm not sure of the $$$). He used them for one winter, I've used them for two, and they've been great! Plus they have a mean-looking tread and sidewall.
RedonBlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:38 AM   #3
Mogen

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2LT V6/A10
I'm in New Mexico. About to take my winter tires off for the year. I'm running Dunlop Winter Maxx WM02. I went 1 size down to 245/45R19. They did great in the snow, never lost traction (unintentionally lol). They were fairly cheap, I think because they are a new model. I don't know whether they are available for 18"
Mogen is offline   Reply With Quote