Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #449
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzberd6 View Post
Except that there's no yellow soft-wall barrier walls like that at Daytona, they're all white.... and they're not soft.
So, mjk3888, looks like I was wrong about those soft walls at Daytona after all. I never paid attention to the fact that they had put them in until I saw the pictures a friend of mine took while he was there.

I'd normally be down near the yellow lines where the Mustang is but, he was in the process of getting passed.

Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #450
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
All this talk of Porsche's made me think about my last PCA event at Mid Ohio back in June. I realized I posted a single lap on RE71R's, but thought you guys might enjoy an entire session from warmup to cool down. This was on Friday (non-instructed open lapping day) of a 3 day track weekend, unfortunately the session after this-- one of my front RE71R corded. On fresher RE71R's, the 1LE could drop at least another 1-2 seconds.
Very nice lines.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:16 PM   #451
Sleeks

Drives: None
Road America Track Day

Just my second time tracking my car. I am leaving stability control on since the walls are close to the track in some areas, especially going through the kink at 100mph.

First couple laps were free of traffic. Used 1/2 tank of gas in this 25 minute session. WoooHooo.

Thanks,
Brian

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE

Last edited by Sleeks; 08-14-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:38 AM   #452
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeks View Post
Just my second time tracking my car. I am leaving stability control on since the walls are close to the track in some areas, especially going through the kink at 100mph.

First couple laps were free of traffic. Used 1/2 tank of gas in this 25 minute session. WoooHooo.

Thanks,
Brian

https://youtu.be/k2CqVTmD8o8
Thx for posting the vid - very nice driving!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #453
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
Did my first autox with the 1LE today. Definitely a LOT of room for improvement on my end to get the most out of this car, but had a great time.

https://youtu.be/Rp87jlh3Yi4
RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:22 PM   #454
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
More Auto X action from today! At the same event as RXtacy!

Last edited by FNxR3DNECK; 08-14-2017 at 09:36 PM.
FNxR3DNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:11 PM   #455
booyaa56

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Qualcomm AS class first place win

https://youtu.be/etjTMndg1Mk
booyaa56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #456
Rutkowski

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Hyper Blue
1LE goes Germany

Hey Everyone! Finally the first track day with my newly imported 1LE. I had high expectations and wasn't let down one bit. You guys were right, the car is an absolute beast I can not believe how light weight the 1LE feels and handles, it's like a magician wiped away 800 pounds ^^ Great overall engineering!
It's my first time on this track and with the new car, so still plenty of lines to be improved, but I'm very happy with how "Big Betsy" behaved on the first outing
Many more track days around Europe to come, now I got the tools for it! (last year just one track with an older BMW Z4)
https://youtu.be/35X4zlBcArU
Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:47 PM   #457
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:

Thanks,
Brian

I was there that same weekend with MVP Track Time. I was in the blue Scat Pack on Saturday and the white 1LE on Sunday. What was your best time at Road America?
FollowMyLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:00 AM   #458
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
\
Quote:
especially going through the kink at 100mph.

Used 1/2 tank of gas in this 25 minute session. WoooHooo.

Thanks,
Brian

Yep, you have to Feed the Beast when its working...lol

Those were some Great Lines. I see you have found and use that secret "Tire No Squeek" additive

What were your Engine/Trans Temps like in laps 4-5? I didn't see a cool down lap, (but I stopped the vid short).

That was a very hard run, but your car's set up is almost perfect for that Track. Did you tweek the chassis set up?

Are you guys keeping any Track logs? (ie. Ambient Weather/Temps, Fuel type/usage, Tune and Sensor Log Data, Tire Temps/Depth, Chassis Set-up, etc. before AND after?

I ask because it will allow you to 1) Give you any initial signs of a parts failure and wear tracking and; 2) It will give you feedback when making ANY/ALL Adjustments to the car, (both good and bad).

But I've always been OCD as I'm an Mech engineer at heart and love to tweek to achieve max output/performance.

Keep up those great lines and thanks for posting
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:24 AM   #459
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Here are shots of me driving my friends 1LE from Road America in July. This is the car I drove for one day and fell in love with. Can't wait to get one of my own!
Attached Images

FollowMyLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #460
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
OCC CFR Autocross

My two best runs from todays CFR Autocross held at the Orlando Convention Center. I missed the last gate right before the finish on my first run and made a few more egregious errors on runs #4&5, so I'm not showing those.

I was running a new set-up today thanks to shaggybob. 19" Forgestars with some used RE71s, used or not, these things still have a lot of life left in them!
Run #2
https://youtu.be/mpQsttdhJbA

Quickest run, #3.
https://youtu.be/q-pdP2u5fvs

Sorry if the video is shakey. I had to use my cell phone on a cheap windshield mount (that could have been a little straighter) because I left my fully charged GoPros sitting on the counter at home.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #461
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Motor City Roundup, Grattan Raceway

Here's the fastest lap I had at Grattan on 8/17. Still some time out there, but proud of a 1:30!

Also, bonus video of getting to pass a bunch of Mustangs throughout the day
Old 08-21-2017, 05:56 PM   #462
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
Here's the fastest lap I had at Grattan on 8/17. Still some time out there, but proud of a 1:30!
Who did you run with? I don't see anything on Grattan's calendar for the 17th. Any plans for more days this year? I'll be at Grattan over Labor Day weekend with 3Balls and then for I'll be instructing with GLLC Oct 7-8.

If I may: your entry into turn 3 is too wide, you don't need to be way out there, it makes it harder to get to the off-camber apex. Also you're braking IN the jump, and that's not a good idea. Do a graze before and then after, it's tidier and more predictable. Also you're over-braking for the Esses, you can come into 5 much hotter. You're also pinching the exit of the toilet bowl, you want to exit fully track-right to maximize your speed through the bowl so you're fast going into the hump before the back straight. Lastly, I feel you're over-late-apexing the bus-stop. If you track-out at the bus-stop you're able to carry more speed up the hill. Those changes right there will get you a couple seconds. And then those Mustangs will be *really* in the way.