Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-24-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
Skullcandy

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ls
Zex nmu module help........

Well I've had my zex kit for a little of 6 months and then I went to go do a run the other day, just cause I wanted to and I was a little shocked that nothing happened when I flicked that special switch... My bottle has plenty left in it. Went home looked a a few things, and noticed the nmu light was red instead of green. Tried to reprogram it, and nothing happened. I checked all my connections and they were solid. I am really pissed and confused because I have no idea what's wrong. I go to take my bottle out, and there nitrous in the lines (expected this but just mentioning it so people can understand that nitrous was flowing to the box) so right now I'm dismantling the nmu because this morning there is now no lights or any response from the stupid little nmu box. The wires are blackened and it looks as if there was a malfunction within the unit. Sooooo here my question. Should I try to get a whole new unit or switch over to actual solenoids or what not. Kinda in a bind. Thanks guys. I'll attach pictures so people who don't know what I mean by nmu can see what I'm talking about.

Skullcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
@jrss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
First question for you did you buy brand-new? And if you didn't return it and get a new one Zex nitrous kit are really good. I have one. I think either you can connected right or you did not program correctly.
@jrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:24 AM   #3
Skullcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by @jrss View Post
First question for you did you buy brand-new?

Yes I did.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
Skullcandy

Update: already hahahaha but, I took it apart and need to go somewhere and don't have time to put the stock fuel line in so I put the box back on just to run the car. For shits and giggles I flipped the switch and low and behold the damn light is on but only red.... I have no idea if this is good or bad but yeah. So I guess I'll call zex in a little if there open, if not then I'll call tmrw
Old 04-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #5
@jrss

Probably you were one out of 1000 kits that came out defected. so my personal Pinyan send it back have them send you a new one. Before you do that try connecting directly to a battery make sure that it's not working Black wire to negative red wire positive tap The white wire to the positive so you could see if turns on
Old 04-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #6
@jrss

Program it that's all you need to do
Old 04-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #7
Skullcandy

I try to program it and it doesn't do anything. Just stays a solid red light.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:55 AM   #8
@jrss

Explain to me how are you programming it
Old 04-24-2016, 09:59 AM   #9
Skullcandy

Well, I push the button, the light should then begin to flash, but it doesn't, it just stays a solid red. If it would flash I would go to the gas pedal hold for 10 seconds and then go watch the light on the module flash red green off a few times then do disarm it then rearm it and it should be a solid green and if you hit the throttle you will hear the unit open and close and what not. But I can't get the unit to even accept that I want to reprogram it.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #10
@jrss

Turn on the ignition with the engine off press the button from the zex and go purchase down The gas pedal for 10 seconds and then you'll see the green light turn on and off with the red light. When it turns to solid green that means program is complete hopefully this helps
Old 04-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #11
Skullcandy

I'll try that when I get home. I know that if its armed it will constantly fire. Not supposed to happen. Hopefully I can figure it out
Old 04-24-2016, 09:31 PM   #12
Skullcandy

Will have to try to reprogram it in the morning. To late now. It's just weird cause I've done a good number of passes and have had no issues with the nmu. It's always fired right and did what it was supposed to do. I'll update tomorrow after I talk to zex. Luckily they have really good customer service.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #13
Skullcandy

Update: I've been super busy with work and what not and today I was pulling into the driveway and decided to peek at the box to see if it had changed its mind about hating me and wanted it's old job back as a functioning nmu. I opened the hood, flipped the switch and I about s*** a brick when the green light came on.... Now you may be thinking, why are you so amazed it did what it was supposed to. Well I'll tell you, I hadn't called zex to try to figure out the problem, the nmu was refusing to let me reprogram it and I was pretty much set on getting another set up because the zex nmu was unresponsive and "dead". I literally did nothing to try to fix this since I had last commented on this thread. But any way, I then went to turn the car on while the switch was armed, my reason for that is because when the light was red the car wouldn't start at all because the nmu was sending extra gas to the motor which it is not supposed to do. Anyway. I s*** another brick when the car started no problem and stayed running. I hit the gas and the first stage of the nmu activated and when pushed to the floor the trigger successfully fired.. So now I'm going to tighten all my lines up from when I dismantled it and hopefully do a hit here in the next few days to see if my mysterious problem has solved itself. If anyone has any idea on why this happened and why it fixed itself, please feel free to make me s*** a third brick today hahaha.