Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2021, 11:24 PM   #1
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Question Recaro seats in 1LT/1SS with cooling fan

I have a set of Recaro's, I've installed the passenger seat since it's plug and play but have yet to install the driver seat since I have to swap the wiring harness between the cloth and Recaro seat. I haven't taken a look at my cloth seat harness but going off of Aboynamedsue's pictures it looks like there's no fan connections like the Recaro harness.

I've bought the Gen5DIY Recaro Cooling harness, I believe it'll work fine with my passenger seat.

1) My question is, in Gen5DIY's install video they show what seems to be the original Recaro seat harness and plug into that harness to get the cooling fan to work but if I swap my seat harnesses then I don't have the wires to connect the cooling fan harness to.

I know of the other method people use of splicing the Recaro harness so we don't have to swap harnesses but I've seen some people get airbag lights sometime after they do that.

2) Another thing I'm unsure about when I opened up my driver Recaro I noticed that there is another cooling fan in the seat back but the Gen5DIY's harness only connects to the bottom fan. I would only get the ventilated seats on the bottom then?

I've stored my driver seat away for the time being but it's still opened up, I could get pictures if I don't make sense
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:19 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

I emailed Gen5DIY and they said to do the power harness splice (jump pin24 and pin 1 I believe)

I will do that following this video: https://youtu.be/2AnYToflaqE

Old 08-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #3
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
I didn't know the answer to your splice question. However, the two fans in the Recaro are wired together and operate together. So both should operate once you have the Gen5DIY harness installed and connected.
Old 08-29-2021, 05:52 PM   #4
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I didn't know the answer to your splice question. However, the two fans in the Recaro are wired together and operate together. So both should operate once you have the Gen5DIY harness installed and connected.
Thanks for the answer, I was mainly confused about it when I was thinking I would swap seat harnesses but by using the original Recaro harness I see now that it’s all connected up. Super excited on doing it, just hoping for better weather

Old 09-14-2021, 08:34 PM   #5
MVPxD

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Question, if the 1LT/1SS does not have heated or cooled seats, with you doing this install, how will you be able to turn them on? Since there's no button for it on the console.

I personally have a 2021 Camaro LT1 and on the verge of buying 2 ZL1 seats to do the same, hence my question.
MVPxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:53 PM   #6
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPxD View Post
Question, if the 1LT/1SS does not have heated or cooled seats, with you doing this install, how will you be able to turn them on? Since there's no button for it on the console.

I personally have a 2021 Camaro LT1 and on the verge of buying 2 ZL1 seats to do the same, hence my question.
I only know of adding the cooling feature to the seats, haven't seen a way to add heat but for the cooling it's through Gen5DIY's harness which includes a switch that you install next to the seat adjustments

Tags
1lt, 1ss, cooling, harness, recaro