Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-29-2021, 06:48 AM   #1
Jahbb33

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2.0T RS/1LE
Top 3 beginner mods?

I know this has probably been asked, but I was looking for a more up-to-date list. I'm not very knowledgeable in cars and am trying to learn. I'm looking for performance and sound.

I have a 2019 Camaro 2.0T 1LE

I'm having a hell of a time deciding what to get first, as I have limited income.

These are what I've looked in to:
JacFab Boost-o-lator valve
ZZP CAI
ZZP Downpipe
Catback exhaust
Dyno tune/Trifecta/Race hip

Are these a good start, if so in what order?

Thanks!
Jahbb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #2
buckwam

Drives: 2021 camaro 1ls
buckwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:53 PM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwam View Post

yup hit up tyler at zzp he can help!
Old 06-29-2021, 10:46 PM   #4
Ghost_White

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
CAI
HFC
Intercooler
IC piping
Tune

If you want more power, get an Intercooler and the IC piping to go with it...
If you get a dyno tune you could push 380+hp with those mods....or that's what my dyno tuner for my Solstice told me about the Camaro. I'm at 340hp without a HFC or IC on my Solstice, which has the LNF, the grandfather to the current 2.0L. And go with ZZP, they tuned my Solstice!!
Ghost_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:30 AM   #5
Jahbb33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_White View Post
CAI
HFC
Intercooler
IC piping
Tune

If you want more power, get an Intercooler and the IC piping to go with it...
If you get a dyno tune you could push 380+hp with those mods....or that's what my dyno tuner for my Solstice told me about the Camaro. I'm at 340hp without a HFC or IC on my Solstice, which has the LNF, the grandfather to the current 2.0L. And go with ZZP, they tuned my Solstice!!

Thank you! Would you recommend the ZZP or mishimoto IC kit? I'm trying to get the best options. Also for the HFC, what's the difference between that and a downpipe?
Old 06-30-2021, 07:05 AM   #6
Ghost_White

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahbb33 View Post
Thank you! Would you recommend the ZZP or mishimoto IC kit? I'm trying to get the best options. Also for the HFC, what's the difference between that and a downpipe?
I can't help with that as neither makes an IC for my Solstice. I always wanted Hahn. But I would recommend ZZP for your tune. I drove to Grand Rapids for my dyno tune from them and their tuner was extremely knowledgeable. He had my car at 320whp, but backed it down due to knock at the end of the pull. So I'm at 286whp (about 340hp).

I would highly recommend Solo Performance for your exhaust. I have their street race for my Sol and I love it. It's quiet enough up to 50% throttle and gets loud after that as the turbo does a good job of acting like a muffler.

I can tell you one thing, there is one vendor (I won't mention by name) in AZ that is absolutely horrific!! Many have gone to them for their Kappa platform (Solstice/sky) cars. But when I mentioned them on the camaro Facebook page, I was crucified by over 75 posts for even mentioning them...lol. I guess they've destroyed many Camaros. I know they will always sell parts to the Kappa guys and then make themselves very scarce when their customers have issues.
Ghost_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:59 AM   #7
Jahbb33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_White View Post
I can't help with that as neither makes an IC for my Solstice. I always wanted Hahn. But I would recommend ZZP for your tune. I drove to Grand Rapids for my dyno tune from them and their tuner was extremely knowledgeable. He had my car at 320whp, but backed it down due to knock at the end of the pull. So I'm at 286whp (about 340hp).

I would highly recommend Solo Performance for your exhaust. I have their street race for my Sol and I love it. It's quiet enough up to 50% throttle and gets loud after that as the turbo does a good job of acting like a muffler.

I can tell you one thing, there is one vendor (I won't mention by name) in AZ that is absolutely horrific!! Many have gone to them for their Kappa platform (Solstice/sky) cars. But when I mentioned them on the camaro Facebook page, I was crucified by over 75 posts for even mentioning them...lol. I guess they've destroyed many Camaros. I know they will always sell parts to the Kappa guys and then make themselves very scarce when their customers have issues.
Im in Ohio and there's a couple places around me that have dynos. I saw mixed reviews on the ZZP tuner. I don't know if I trust myself to get a tuner and DIY it, so I was leaning towards a dyno. I was gonna have them install a few parts and then tune it. All in one thing.

But I think I decided on getting Intercooler kit, Larger throttle body, CAI, and downpipe first.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:23 PM   #8
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
FYI, very few people know how to tune the 2.0t properly.

Do a lot of reading on here, you will find a bunch of unhappy people with tunes.

Best bet is to use one of the bigger places that do this all of the time. I am VERY happy with the Trifecta tune.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:46 PM   #9
18i4m6

Drives: 2018 I4 M6
I'm happy with what I did, I'm sure there is much more to be pulled out of it with a tune, but this sounds great and is lotsa fun! It's nice knowing I can stress it once in a while with the racechip but it's normally nice and safe and still relatively performancy lol

Tinted/blackout paint everywhere/debadged
Catted Mishimoto downpipe
Mishimoto CAI
MBRP V6 axleback exhaust
Jacfab/BNR Boostolator
Racechip RS
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's

Onstar tracking removal - pending
18i4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:56 PM   #10
RedonBlackRS

Drives: 1LT RS 2.0T 8A HD
Quote:
Your 1LE has the heavy-duty cooling package, which means that the ZZP front-mount might not fit (their website says it will need some clearance-ing). The Mishimoto is a direct-fit replacement. I use ZZP for almost everything and would love to use their intercooler, but the HD cooling package puts a trans cooler right where the bottom of a front-mount intercooler wants to be.
RedonBlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #11
Jahbb33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TA - The Beast View Post
FYI, very few people know how to tune the 2.0t properly.

Do a lot of reading on here, you will find a bunch of unhappy people with tunes.

Best bet is to use one of the bigger places that do this all of the time. I am VERY happy with the Trifecta tune.

Man, that's unfortunate. I was hoping to go to a performance shop with a Dyno and they could help me out. I haven't had good luck finding a shop willing to work on 2.0. I looked in to trifecta and it seems almost too easy. Do you just hook it up and install it? Also, what the difference between the 2 options?
Old 07-01-2021, 03:42 PM   #12
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Quote:
I know this has probably been asked, but I was looking for a more up-to-date list. I'm not very knowledgeable in cars and am trying to learn. I'm looking for performance and sound.

I have a 2019 Camaro 2.0T 1LE

I'm having a hell of a time deciding what to get first, as I have limited income.

These are what I've looked in to:
JacFab Boost-o-lator valve
ZZP CAI
ZZP Downpipe
Catback exhaust
Dyno tune/Trifecta/Race hip

Are these a good start, if so in what order?

Thanks!
Scratch the intake and just do a k&n drop in panel. Cheaper and same result. The stock setup is well engineered.

The jacfab diverter or the dv+ offered on phastek is a great mod and easy install. I have the dv+. No complaints here. Another cheap/easy mod is a Vitesse throttle controller. People will debate left and right on this. But it DOES change how the car responds to input. And it does make a difference. It won't add hp, but I'm telling you... It's totally worth the money.

Those would be my first 3.

I have the k&n with Mishimoto (zzp is fine too) intake boot, and charge pipes... My induction sound and turbo spool sound is very noticeable. I love it.
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:29 PM   #13
Jahbb33

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmiketuck View Post
Scratch the intake and just do a k&n drop in panel. Cheaper and same result. The stock setup is well engineered.

The jacfab diverter or the dv+ offered on phastek is a great mod and easy install. I have the dv+. No complaints here. Another cheap/easy mod is a Vitesse throttle controller. People will debate left and right on this. But it DOES change how the car responds to input. And it does make a difference. It won't add hp, but I'm telling you... It's totally worth the money.

Those would be my first 3.

I have the k&n with Mishimoto (zzp is fine too) intake boot, and charge pipes... My induction sound and turbo spool sound is very noticeable. I love it.
So far I ended up getting:
ZZP Intake tube
K&N Drop in air filter
Larger throttle body kit

It came to exactly $500 with shipping. I definitely want to get a diverter. The throttle controller looks interesting, ill check it out.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:43 PM   #14
AZ2.0LTG

Drives: 2017 camaro 2.0
I REALLY recommend going internals first, let me explain.
1. You will fall in love with the speed and will crave for more
2. Forged internals means way more HP and more reliability.

I just messed mine up like two months ago. I added some new coils along with a new throttle body and never tuned it. Along with those two add ons I have a few others. I started with just a tune and E 85 and went from there.

List:
Zzp intercooler
Zzp air intake
Zzp throttle body
Zzp tune
Zzp e 85 kit
Zzp strut tower
Zzp trialing arms
Mishimoto oil catch can
Better spark plugs

Now I bought a forged engine block for my camaro and i'm "patiently" waiting to have it here already. Point is I started with one thing and didn't stop, I got addicted to the speed. Hopefully it isn't the same with you, i'm just giving personal advice. Fun cars to drive that's for sure.
AZ2.0LTG is offline   Reply With Quote