Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

AWE Tuning

Old 05-27-2021, 11:14 AM   #1
uh60rider

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS "Fifty"
Speed shop in the panhandle area

I live in the southeast Alabama area and I'm looking for a reputable speed shop near me in the Florida panhandle area. There is absolutely nothing around me in the local area. Looking to get a cam installed. The dealer quoted me $3k (just labor) to do the cam swap and they say that they have to remove the friggin motor to do it!!! That's insanely high and a total load of BS based on the other threads I've seen. Where's the best place to go to get a cam swap and a possible dyno tune. I'd like suggestions from y'all. Thanks in advance
uh60rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
unfortunately all the good shops pull the motor because of the how the motor is setup. Those who dont are cutting corners somewhere... might end up more expensive on the long run... also 2500-3000 is the price range for cam swaps on the 6th gen... again those are "good and reputable shop pricing" that being said the fact that GM is willing to do it for you and only charge 3K i would've thought a GM dealer would charge alot more....