Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 06-22-2021, 08:27 PM   #29
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
That's a real possibility! That's why we have to wait for the Lightning Lap to produce their lap and see how it compares apples to apples. Ditto Randy at Laguna. But, either way, it is one fast car.
A very fast and beautiful caddy! Love the cf dive planes.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:01 AM   #30
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
A very fast and beautiful caddy! Love the cf dive planes.
Ditto! The CF treatment is sweet and functional! They have nailed the styling. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:43 PM   #31
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
It will certainly be faster. Next gen chassis tuning, turbo motor with fat torque curve, and a slick auto trans. So yeah, no doubt it will be quicker.

But I doubt it will be more fun. Less noise, less driver involvement, less visceral nature. I'll hold on to the 6 speed manual 1LE for now. Oh, and V8 noises FTW.
I have not seen the suspension or underpinnings of the CT4/CT5 BW, but, from what I remember, the CT4/CT5 were very similar to the Camaro-version of the Alpha chassis. The ATS was the first of the alpha chassis, then the CTS, then the Camaro; when you look at the ATS vs. the Camaro, it's clear they are the same basic chassis architecture, but there are, also, some very clear evolutions between them, in which the CTS seems somewhere in-between them.

I am willing to bet the increased track speed is the absorption of the evolutions on the Alpha chassis/suspension realized from the Camaro that the CT4/CT5 received in general, finer/better suspension tuning (springs, dampers and sways), smartly integrated aero into the BW styling and those tires. The street/performance tire compounds that have been coming out within the past 4-, 5-years has been pretty impressive. Not to mention Michelin's recent sportscar racing endeavors. There's a lot of the same/similar hardware carried over from the ATS/CTS/Camaro.

The ATS-V, a very similar car, had a LL time of 2:59.2. We're looking at a delta of 6.3-seonds. Considering the C&D drivers vs Mr. Wise and there's probably a driver "modifier" there, so consider maybe 3-seconds there. Better tires, improved chassis, improved suspension, better aero...

Last edited by Mountain; 06-23-2021 at 04:57 PM.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #32
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I have not seen the suspension or underpinnings of the CT4/CT5 BW, but, from what I remember, the CT4/CT5 were very similar to the Camaro-version of the Alpha chassis. This makes sense as the ATS came first, then the CTS, then the Camaro; when you look at the ATS vs. the Camaro, they are the same very basic chassis architecture, but there are some clear evolutions and the CT seems somewhere in-between those two.

I am willing to bet the increased track speed is the absorption of the Camaro evolutions on the chassis/suspension side that the CT4/CT5 received, finer/better suspension tuning (springs, dampers and sways) and smartly integrated aero into the BW styling. There's a lot of the same/similar hardware carried over from the ATS/CTS/Camaro.
They roll on the latest MR 4.0, plus have trick rubber from Michelin, which would be much, much different from previous gen cars. Although the tires are referred to as V BW spec 4S with multi compounds, the dominant one is an R comp rubber
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:44 PM   #33
Clam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
That kid is damn fast! Just guessing he could eak out another second or two in the SS1LE out there.
If you watch the Car and Driver Lightning Lap of the Camaro SS 1LE, there was more than a second left out on the table due to driver error and car placement.

Bill Wise would have easily shaved off seconds from the previous lap time set by the journalist!
Clam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:24 PM   #34
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clam View Post
If you watch the Car and Driver Lightning Lap of the Camaro SS 1LE, there was more than a second left out on the table due to driver error and car placement.

Bill Wise would have easily shaved off seconds from the previous lap time set by the journalist!
No doubt! I do like that they use "fast journalists" rather than pro drivers in the lightning lap though. Let's you know what's possible as an advanced HPDE driver driving any of the cars on the list in stock form.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote