#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-17-2021, 12:18 AM   #1
Monroe
Banned

Drives: Chevrolet
No Buick

I went to Buicks Website because I was thinking about a Luxury sedan after seeing the experimental Avenir model. But WTF did I see? Nothing!!! Buick makes no more cars! All effing SUVs now!...If they were going to do that sh!t they should have dropped Buick and kept Pontiac!!!
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:34 AM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
but wouldnt an all SUV pontiac lineup suck even worse.might even have an e-gto...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:08 AM   #3
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
but wouldnt an all SUV pontiac lineup suck even worse.might even have an e-gto...
Or worse an E-Aztek.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:35 AM   #4
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
These a-holes at Ford and GM think that people will move from buying cars to SUV's and its not happening. People are shifting from buying Ford and GM cars that they don't make anymore to buying Hyundai, KIA, and Honda's because they sell actual cars.

But GM has neglected Buick for years.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:38 AM   #5
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
I went to Buicks Website because I was thinking about a Luxury sedan after seeing the experimental Avenir model. But WTF did I see? Nothing!!! Buick makes no more cars! All effing SUVs now!...If they were going to do that sh!t they should have dropped Buick and kept Pontiac!!!
The only reason to keep Pontiac would have been to keep producing performance coupes and sedans. In the end the only real Pontiac remaining was the G8, and that was a rebadged Holden. Everything else Pontiac had was a rebadge car from another GM line that was just as pathetic as the original.

Pontiac was Firebird/Trans Am, Grand Prix, Bonneville, GTO. Everything else was junk and not worthy. That's what killed it.

In all honesty, if having Pontiac remain a performance brand and continuing production of the Firebird/Trans Am and/or the GTO on the Camaro's Alpha platform meant the Camaro going away, I would not be opposed to that. The Pontiac shield, the red/orange backlit gauges and dashboard, the whole thing about Pontiac vibe was black leather jacket, leather driving gloves, and aviator sun glasses. Timeless cool.

Buick? Meh. They're your Grandma's car. They had their moments with the GSX, Grand National, and GNX..... Reatta and Riviera if you're into the whole super high tech luxury coupe thing...... but really were always Grandma's car.

My Mom has a 2019 LaCrosse. But unlike most Grandmas she balances life with her 2016 Corvette w/Z51 track package
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:45 AM   #6
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Wake up folks! Hasn’t anyone noticed all the SUVs on the roads now? They are everywhere. I can usually count the cars on 2 hands when sitting in traffic. Once gas hits 5 dollars or more a gallon people will be wanting to get cars again to save money instead of SUVs big and small and of course trucks included!
Old 05-17-2021, 06:52 AM   #7
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Wake up folks! Hasn’t anyone noticed all the SUVs on the roads now? They are everywhere. I can usually count the cars on 2 hands when sitting in traffic. Once gas hits 5 dollars or more a gallon people will be wanting to get cars again to save money instead of SUVs big and small and of course trucks included!
I've always felt that 90% of the people who have SUVs don't really need or utilize their capabilities in space, seating, cargo area, hauling/towing capacity, or terrain capability. If there was no choice but to buy a standard coupe or sedan they'd get along in life just fine.

I mean, do you really need 60 cu. ft of cargo space to get the groceries? If you seriously need even half that, you and the significant other need to get fixed
Old 05-17-2021, 06:57 AM   #8
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
We've recently found that you can buy 3-4:year old lightly used Buick sedans for dirt cheap. The resale is horrible. My girl was looking a loaded 2017 Lacrosse with 30,000 miles and they were asking 20k. This car had a sticker of 46k brand new in 2017. Hell of a car at that price, and this particular one had a great history and is certified pre- owned.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:44 AM   #9
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Two years ago we got one of the few remaining Buick LaCrosses available. It's a darn shame they stopped making these. The LaCrosse is a big, comfortable car with a V6 that has over 300HP and gets 34MPG+ in highway driving. We love it!
GM needs to wake up and start making cars like that again.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:55 AM   #10
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
Two years ago we got one of the few remaining Buick LaCrosses available. It's a darn shame they stopped making these. The LaCrosse is a big, comfortable car with a V6 that has over 300HP and gets 34MPG+ in highway driving. We love it!
GM needs to wake up and start making cars like that again.
Yeah it's actually quite quick with the 3.6 V6 and 9 speed transmission. Coming from the 2007 Lucerne my Mom had with the old 3800 and 4 speed, she wasn't ready for it at first lol
Old 05-17-2021, 08:00 AM   #11
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I've always felt that 90% of the people who have SUVs don't really need or utilize their capabilities in space, seating, cargo area, hauling/towing capacity, or terrain capability. If there was no choice but to buy a standard coupe or sedan they'd get along in life just fine.

I mean, do you really need 60 cu. ft of cargo space to get the groceries? If you seriously need even half that, you and the significant other need to get fixed
I agree, but also looks at the people who are expecting one child and all of a sudden they NEED a van. Or the guys that buy big diesel 3/4 trucks to get groceries and look cool.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:02 AM   #12
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
It is a bit sad the Buick is no longer making cars. They've always had the reputation of being the grandma car, but they were excellent for what they were. Most of them rode very well, great on gas and have big enough motors to actually move the car.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:10 AM   #13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Buick is basically a Chinese car that GM only makes in China...What Buick SUVs sold here are made in China....Buick has some celestial ancient connection to the Chinese...They can keep them over there....Buick in the US is dead.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/04...olio-in-china/
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:10 AM   #14
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
my daughter has 4 kids...i dont really know what she was thinking,but she is a soccer van mom.and buick was dead when the last GNX left the factory.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote