Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-19-2020, 09:54 PM   #253
DrHolliday

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostx403 View Post
All of us 2019 owners know we're just sitting on an eventual goldmine when our unique front end Camaros are worth millions in 50 years from now

*sips kool-aid*
Beat me to it! We have the most unique 6th gens... Also the best looking ones. Everyone is just jealous of our limited editions
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:37 PM   #254
crab

Drives: 2019 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHolliday View Post
Beat me to it! We have the most unique 6th gens... Also the best looking ones. Everyone is just jealous of our limited editions
"That my friend.. is the sweet succulent sound of the car preparing to ignite the wonderfully tasty nectar your V8 needs to send the screaming bald eagles furiously from the 4 pipes out of the rear of your vehicle"
crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:35 AM   #255
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Im actually sorry I started this thread, not sure why i did should just enjoy the car and that be the end of it. But it is crazy how many views it got..
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:02 AM   #256
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
Im actually sorry I started this thread, not sure why i did should just enjoy the car and that be the end of it. But it is crazy how many views it got..
Drama sells.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:09 AM   #257
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
It probably was, but the 2019 Haters Society hates to miss an opportunity to toss a few stones.
Well, I am personally a Trans AM guy, but we all know how that ended :(

Was never really a Camaro/Mustang guy.

Owned a few Mustang, GTO, Camaro.

I like all the new Camaro(s). Each has its things I like and dislike.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:17 AM   #258
CamaroRSOnt

Drives: 2023 SS Vert
Had a C7, waited for the C8 to come out and decided I needed to look for something else based on the looks of the new model. Traded the C7 in for a 2020 RS V6 Convertible so what does that tell you about my opinion of it all. To each their own.
Attached Images

2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
CamaroRSOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:42 PM   #259
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Never been a real fan of GM's flap grilled cars. Someone at GM thought all Chevy's should look alike and that was and is a serious selling "wall". There was a time when they built a car and changed the design every two to three years
to attract new buyers. It's been a long while since those days. Sadly, GM saw fit to hire "designers" from the Pokemon scene and it doesn't work. Not that the Camaro is all that hideous but the price of the car along with GM not listening to what the buyer want's or does not want hasn't helped at all. Let's take the Challenger as an example which is selling quite well even though the design has remained pretty much the same since 2008. What's different? Nice interior and continuous performance upgrades. The Camaro is an excellent track performer but is far and few between at the dragstrip. A bit of exterior trim on the base model car could have gone somewhere. Charging money for a "black" bowtie is silly when they are going to put a bowtie on the car anyway. It should have been either/or with no cost change. The list of things goes on and on. The beltline on the car wasn't warmly received nor was the rear view but it took GM years to fix that. Now the car is on it's death bed and Ford will continue to sell the Mustang and Dodge will sell the Challenger. GM will be left with an empty hole in that segment which doesn't make them money. GM doesn't think reasonably in the long term and are trying to cram electric cars down our throats. It's beginning to feel like a Communist country where the collective will TELL you what you want vs the customer telling them what they want to buy. Of course there are lobby groups who get strange laws passed to effect these changes.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:59 PM   #260
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroRSOnt View Post
Had a C7, waited for the C8 to come out and decided I needed to look for something else based on the looks of the new model. Traded the C7 in for a 2020 RS V6 Convertible so what does that tell you about my opinion of it all. To each their own.
C8 has some mad price gouging going on, you can't get one in Canada right now, and the real deal killer for me is they killed off manual trans.

Camaro ticks all the right boxes when I was buying a car that replaces my C7.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 02:15 PM   #261
CamaroRSOnt

Drives: 2023 SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
C8 has some mad price gouging going on, you can't get one in Canada right now, and the real deal killer for me is they killed off manual trans.

Camaro ticks all the right boxes when I was buying a car that replaces my C7.

I have some connections at GM and could have gotten a C8 (not sure what Covid might have done to that order though). The dealer who sold me my C7 out of Toronto called me a year ago to see if I wanted one, would have been near the front of the line in Canada.

Bought my C7 the same way, had it that spring when the model first came out. The price of the C8 wasn't an issue for me. I just didn't like the looks of it. Too many lines all over the place, to many rectangles on the rear end. The rear end looks too big for the car IMHO. My wife hated the C8, she really liked the C7 so that had a play in it as well.

I do think from a performance perspective the C8 is good value, it really was all about looks for me. This is our third Camaro, never been a Mustang guy. Have had a number of sports cars over the years, very impressed with the new Camaro, suits me fine.
2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
CamaroRSOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 02:29 PM   #262
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Never been a real fan of GM's flap grilled cars. Someone at GM thought all Chevy's should look alike and that was and is a serious selling "wall". There was a time when they built a car and changed the design every two to three years
to attract new buyers. It's been a long while since those days. Sadly, GM saw fit to hire "designers" from the Pokemon scene and it doesn't work. Not that the Camaro is all that hideous but the price of the car along with GM not listening to what the buyer want's or does not want hasn't helped at all. Let's take the Challenger as an example which is selling quite well even though the design has remained pretty much the same since 2008. What's different? Nice interior and continuous performance upgrades. The Camaro is an excellent track performer but is far and few between at the dragstrip. A bit of exterior trim on the base model car could have gone somewhere. Charging money for a "black" bowtie is silly when they are going to put a bowtie on the car anyway. It should have been either/or with no cost change. The list of things goes on and on. The beltline on the car wasn't warmly received nor was the rear view but it took GM years to fix that. Now the car is on it's death bed and Ford will continue to sell the Mustang and Dodge will sell the Challenger. GM will be left with an empty hole in that segment which doesn't make them money. GM doesn't think reasonably in the long term and are trying to cram electric cars down our throats. It's beginning to feel like a Communist country where the collective will TELL you what you want vs the customer telling them what they want to buy. Of course there are lobby groups who get strange laws passed to effect these changes.
396ssrat, I think you're right on the money, both about GM and the competition. The most recent design changes are self-serving and there is no sense of the original passion of the Camaro team in these updates, they're just boring corporate squirms and dripping a few electronic updates to try and remain relevant with as little investment as one can get away with.

BTW I was born and raised in a communist country, I know exactly how that game is played, and the flashbacks are becoming downright scary. It's as if people had no knowledge or appreciation of history...

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:14 AM   #263
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
The SS grill still looks better than both the LT1 and Zl1 Grill. The Lt1 looks kind of creepy like a jack-o-lantern. The ZL1 look like a Cow Catcher on an old locomotive.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:39 PM   #264
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
The SS grill still looks better than both the LT1 and Zl1 Grill. The Lt1 looks kind of creepy like a jack-o-lantern. The ZL1 look like a Cow Catcher on an old locomotive.
Nothing wrong with the ZL1's looks.
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:58 PM   #265
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Wow! This thread just shows how difficult it must be for designers of these cars. Everyone has different opinions. I guess the designers just have to come up with a design and hope for the best. Well, I'm sure there's more to it than that, but I'm sure the "data" they use is far from perfect. People's idea of an attractive design changes constantly. It comes down to the ol' "you can't please everyone" philosophy.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 01:00 PM   #266
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
I love my cow catcher grille
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote