Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 05-26-2017, 12:32 PM   #43
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13LTLoveIt View Post
Three words: Tax Refund Season (even Gen5 had bump ups in the spring)
Spring is a increase in sales for all auto makers. People seem to like buying cars during this time of the year.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #44
2013ZL1FUN

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible A6 BRM
People like the IDEA of a fast performance car. The reality of ownership (insurance, not to mention payments) brings reality crashing down on us all.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #45
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
To all the 6th gen guys saying they get compliments ....waves and thumbs up guess what? So do I. Everything your experiencing is a been there done that for 5th gen guys. Im a big believer that the right colour makes a big difference.When ive seen a black or silver 6th gen they just blend in with alot of cars on he road. Sure they have a hint of 5th gen body style but the the overall lool is just to common. Sure it has grest performance qualities but ive said it before.....it just doesnt seem to have the road presence of the 5th gen. It doesnt have the muscle car look anymore. Say what you want about that old 5th gen.....but people really like the way that car looks. Now the 6th gen zl1 is a beast....if i ever look at going another route that would be my next car......and yes my 5th gen would still be in the garage. It will be the 57 chevy of the Camaro world.
And that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, even if you're wrong.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
Old 05-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #46
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
And that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, even if you're wrong.
The biggest fans of the 6th gen are all currently on gen 6 ...outside that forum not many people are talking about your car . I get it if your car is flying off the lots...and has huge fanfare but... they are not...and you dont. So i guess its just not my opinion. Try to twist it whatever way you want it dorsnt change the facts. Now if the 6th gen all the sudden becomes a hit with the 19 refresh the i will stand corrected....but so will you.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #47
Rwarchol

Drives: 2010 1LT SIM A6, 2005 GTO TR A4
Don't forget GM rode the "Transformers" craze for advertising on the 5th Gen. Something the 6th won't receive for another month and on a car that looks nothing like the street version of it.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #48
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarchol View Post
Don't forget GM rode the "Transformers" craze for advertising on the 5th Gen. Something the 6th won't receive for another month and on a car that looks nothing like the street version of it.
My wife saw a new 6th Gen the other day, "I like the new Mustangs!"

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
Old 05-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #49
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarchol View Post
Ya but alot of people including myself didnt buy the 5th gen becsuse of a movie but i know it helps Its another example of xero marketing by GM for the 6th gen. Maybe the movie will boost popularity on the 6th gen. But im interested more in seeing the refesh.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:23 PM   #50
gpskinzhut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
The biggest fans of the 6th gen are all currently on gen 6 ...outside that forum not many people are talking about your car . I get it if your car is flying off the lots...and has huge fanfare but... they are not...and you dont. So i guess its just not my opinion. Try to twist it whatever way you want it dorsnt change the facts. Now if the 6th gen all the sudden becomes a hit with the 19 refresh the i will stand corrected....but so will you.
The vast majority of Camaro owners never see these boards or FB groups; 5th gen or 6th gen alike. It's a microcosm of buyers who are enthusiasts. As far as the 6 goes, my experience does not mirror yours. I see plenty of buzz about the car, although the marketing seems nonexistent. I'm seeing more and more on the road in my area as well. Just ran across 2 more on my way back to work from lunch.

There's a lot of reasons the 5th was hotter out of the gates, and a lot of reasons the 6th sales are lower, but it's not primarily about interest as you make it out to be. The public was DYING for a Camaro, especially after the concept was revealed. And I completely appreciate the generation loyalists who resist the successor rabidly. It's happened with every generation and I've owned all but the 1st gen. I've had to put up with "old schoolers" who refused to even acknowledge my 5 as a Camaro because it's not on the F platform. God knows I've seen enough grief over owning my IROC, ("mullet", "Italian Retard Out Cruising", blah blah blah). So I understand the mindset. Perhaps I'm more open than most. The only Camaro I've genuinely not liked is the 74-77 with the hideous huge bumper (jesus H christ, why). I was also in the market for a ZL1, but after owning a pair of 5's I wanted something different. I got the best of both worlds. Similar lines that I loved in the 5, same heart & soul, but entirely new.

I haven't made any claims that I try and pass off as the broad consensus so there's really nothing to correct.

And if sales don't pick up, that's perfectly fine with me too. I can't say I mind much not seeing 5 of the same car at every traffic light. Most of those bastards don't even wave back anyway. Being in something a little unique and out of the ordinary isn't a bad thing. I agree with appearance. I'm already in the market for ground effects, rockers, spoilers or anything to make it more aggressive and get the look that I want. It was one of the first things I did to my '10 because I hated how frumpy it looked out of the box.

Don't resist, Ron. Assimilate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarchol
Sweet baby Jesus that thing is hideous. Michael Bay needs keep his shit tucked away in his head.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
Old 05-26-2017, 01:33 PM   #51
Skyset

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Coupe
Whole buncha haters up in here...it's alright, I was a hater too...till I test drove a 6th gen. Then that was it. Sure it went up in price...but the return you're getting....

-More Power....like crazy power. On my 5th gen, I had headers/cai/dyno tune, and I picked up almost 45hp. The 6th gen at STOCK is significantly faster than my modded 5th gen
-Better Handling
-Magnetic ride!!
-Ride modes (Sport/Track/Touring)
-Breaking necks (hoes be turning their heads like mad...much more than in my 5th)
-The little things...the interior, the LED headlights/taillights, the sound system is better, the HUD is better, the stereo is improved, the ambient lighting.

Overall a better car in every area. Worth the price difference to me.

At the end of the day, the dealership I went to gave me a very good value for my trade-in, so I did it. Absolutely no regrets.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:48 PM   #52
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
I see very few 6gen on the road. I now see some at the SEPA5+ meets and I'm not saying they're not nice cars. Just preferred the look of mine. They do grow on you because at first I thought they were hideous. Some think the 14-15 refresh looks bad. Saw my first zl1 6gen the end of last month right next to the owners 5th gen zl1. Now he has both. I'm damn jealous!
Old 05-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #53
gpskinzhut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiemac View Post
Saw my first zl1 6gen the end of last month right next to the owners 5th gen zl1. Now he has both. I'm damn jealous!
I was building a spreadsheet of which of my kids I could sell and how many pints of blood and semen I'd have to donate to swing a 6/ZL1... turns out my kids are too old and blood is a little important.

2017 ZL1 A10
Old 05-26-2017, 01:55 PM   #54
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Small problem with the math, Q1 is January - March. If you take 24,035 x 3 (break the year into thirds) you get 72,105.
Thanks.
Good point, my fudge-factor added in an extra month. Maybe they'll still break the Gen5 yearly sales record if the current trend the past couple months continues.
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #55
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
The purpose of the thread was to show Chevy's attempts to right lower sales of it's all new 6th gen. I for one like that Gen 6 kept the overall style, flavor of Gen 5. With that being said, there are a few overdone elements:

Too many creases in the hood.
The grill looks like a wider mail slot, from 5th Gen SS's
The bottom grille is way too big, hence the 'bass' comments.
The front chin spoiler juts out too far, just another reason for body shop work.
The height of the roof was lowered, really? Taller drivers had a rough time in Gen 5.

Personal gripes:

Air vents too low, manual drivers need gloves.
Phone charger pad in back seat? My son's new Civic has it under the dash with pass thru cubby.
Back seats, hard to believe more useless than Gen 5.
Back outside... ill placed quarter seams.

Other's specific complaints:

Whistling mirrors at certain speeds
Trunk lid, to open, have to be dead center. Off center? trunk lid scrapes the paint above.

Sure Gen6 is lighter and a bit faster. As far as handling goes, marginally better. Gen 5 already had superior handling.

At the end of the day, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That goes for heavily cosmetically modded Gen 5s too. Gen 5 was a marvel in stock look, a futuristic muscle car with retro touches. The numbers sold prove that.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:21 PM   #56
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
The vast majority of Camaro owners never see these boards or FB groups; 5th gen or 6th gen alike. It's a microcosm of buyers who are enthusiasts. As far as the 6 goes, my experience does not mirror yours. I see plenty of buzz about the car, although the marketing seems nonexistent. I'm seeing more and more on the road in my area as well. Just ran across 2 more on my way back to work from lunch.

There's a lot of reasons the 5th was hotter out of the gates, and a lot of reasons the 6th sales are lower, but it's not primarily about interest as you make it out to be. The public was DYING for a Camaro, especially after the concept was revealed. And I completely appreciate the generation loyalists who resist the successor rabidly. It's happened with every generation and I've owned all but the 1st gen. I've had to put up with "old schoolers" who refused to even acknowledge my 5 as a Camaro because it's not on the F platform. God knows I've seen enough grief over owning my IROC, ("mullet", "Italian Retard Out Cruising", blah blah blah). So I understand the mindset. Perhaps I'm more open than most. The only Camaro I've genuinely not liked is the 74-77 with the hideous huge bumper (jesus H christ, why). I was also in the market for a ZL1, but after owning a pair of 5's I wanted something different. I got the best of both worlds. Similar lines that I loved in the 5, same heart & soul, but entirely new.

I haven't made any claims that I try and pass off as the broad consensus so there's really nothing to correct.

And if sales don't pick up, that's perfectly fine with me too. I can't say I mind much not seeing 5 of the same car at every traffic light. Most of those bastards don't even wave back anyway. Being in something a little unique and out of the ordinary isn't a bad thing. I agree with appearance. I'm already in the market for ground effects, rockers, spoilers or anything to make it more aggressive and get the look that I want. It was one of the first things I did to my '10 because I hated how frumpy it looked out of the box.

Don't resist, Ron. Assimilate.

Sweet baby Jesus that thing is hideous. Michael Bay needs keep his shit tucked away in his head.
Im resisting .....im resisting. Fly right buy the SS right to the Zl1. Could it happen? Maybe.

Closed Thread