Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Onyx_Wolf_ View Post
I do have a rod mod intake and ported heads, and ported throttle so that helicopter noise might be from the intake lol
Whatever you want to do it's fine. However, ported heads should make the same sound on either side, and a rod mod intake and ported throttle body shouldn't make noise unless they're broken too. I'm not a professional just a guy on a forum with a little bit of experience listening to a youtube video trying to diagnose an issue and all I'm saying is that passenger side doesn't sound healthy and you're experiencing issues with a freshly rebuilt engine.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:38 PM   #16
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
https://youtu.be/nMJ7NcKKYto Here is some warm revs and oil pressure also upon starting the car I could kinda smell fuel and saw a faint white smoke cloud near my headers
_Onyx_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #17
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
Welp guys I think I know what the problem is....leaking header gasket! Lol so I poured soap mixed with water inter the header gasket on the driver side while it was running and at first I didn’t see anything but eventually saw bubbles starting to fork from under the header where it meets the head. 95% sure this is where that tick is coming from
_Onyx_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote