Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Bowling Green again?
Yes for 2016 153 65.38%
Out West or somewhere else 1st 81 34.62%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2015, 10:23 AM   #169
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Hungry over there Pete
Old 08-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #170
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Hungry over there Pete
Thirsty too.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:23 AM   #171
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So from what i've heard East Coasters (By that i mean east coast not east of the mississippi) still outnumbered those from SoCal in AZ. I heard the SoCal turnout wasn't that impressive. It was as you said 4 years ago but you gotta look at the financial point of view sure they probably made money and AZ was a great fest no contest but whats the overall turnout to money ratio compared to the other fests? That being said i'm not arguing about having one out west it's a great idea but have it somewhere doable i think Vegas if the financials were good for the Inner Circle would be an awesome place No one would mind going to Vegas out here it's a drive no doubt but the amount of fun and other things you could do in vegas is enormous.

I'm hoping for Bowling Green or Las Vegas equally sure BG will be immesnely cheaper for many reasons but Vegas means so much more to do and a few other things that need to be done for me.
I certainly won't argue those points. They are valid. I eluded to them briefly. Gotta have the cars. Still sucks for the west coasters.

I've also heard the Cali group disappointed in numbers in Phoenix but there were still Utah, Nevada, AZ etc. cars there in big numbers.

All we need to do is pay for the venue. Once that's done I don't give a shit whether there are fewer cars there. BUT, I am not involved in those discussions.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:25 PM   #172
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
the cops in bowling green are use to that. Happens every year at ls fest. Roads get turned in to rubber hahahahahaha
Old 08-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #173
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
For me, I want to support the forum and the fest. Prepay is a great idea if we know the venue. Sponsors can gauge who is likely to be the in volume.

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #174
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Pre-pay would be the best way to ensure you have people committed to attend the Fest, and the various events, especially for events that involve road course track fees, all fees non-refundable but transferable to another party if you can't make.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #175
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Both of you guys are valued members and your opinions are valued as well. I feel the same way that BG was better than Indy but it was also a lot more expensive. We need spectators and driver fees paid to make this thing work whether they are Camaros or Mustangs it just doesn't matter. 20 bucks is 20 bucks and if we did pre-paid it would ensure financial success. Just think of what happens if we get a total rain out at BG and can't even open the gates.

The vendors have spoken in 2015. They are not going to pay much to attend due to all their other costs of getting there so we are now forced to drop that price which means we need more spectators to make up for it like we had this year.

C5 members have have also spoken and want more vendors to enhance the fest experience so as mentioned we cut our fees and bring in more. I will say the vendors that showed this year probably had their best fest profits ever and all of you guys should note who was there and give them the nod when you need something.

As far as a fest in AZ again it can't be in the summer so you can figure out what has to happen there. We pushed Texas off a year due to avoiding the summer and we've already pushed the West back a year. I will also say the majority of folks still want this to happen in the summer. Aug is a little late with school starting and we are aware of that too. So some tough decisions need to be made.
I would have no problem with pre paying if that helps. I also would like to see more vendors so if you have to raise our price a little to cover lowering the vendor price that is ok too. We have had mods installed at all 3 fests we have attended and look forward to the discounts and expert installations. We have never spent less than $500 on mods and this year were well over 1K.

As far as location you are never going to please everyone so you are going to have to pick somewhere that makes financial sense. It's a numbers game and you need the numbers to make it work. Personally I liked seeing a swarm of Camaro's taking over Bowling Green for the weekend, the more the better!

The Bowling Green police are used to the motorhead crowd and they played it cool all week. How many tickets could they have written within a mile of the hotel if they wanted to? Hell everyone blasted up and down that hotel road every day and it was awesome to the ears.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:35 PM   #176
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
For me, I want to support the forum and the fest. Prepay is a great idea if we know the venue. Sponsors can gauge who is likely to be the in volume.

-Don
Old 08-19-2015, 02:41 PM   #177
PQ
Booooosted.

So here is my 120.00 for me and Bonnie. Consider us pre-paid.

Name:  new_100_uv_close-up.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  27.8 KB

Name:  US20FR.JPG
Views: 453
Size:  27.0 KB
Old 08-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #178
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
The 100 is counterfit....
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #179
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
LOL... I doubt we will do pre-paid. We get ate up in credit card and paypal fees that way and there are already taxes to be paid. Our structure works very well now, but I was just saying weather could bite us someday.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:16 PM   #180
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
The 100 is counterfit....
I got 18 trillion of them.

Quote:
LOL... I doubt we will do pre-paid. We get ate up in credit card and paypal fees that way and there are already taxes to be paid. Our structure works very well now, but I was just saying weather could bite us someday.
And lest we forget the pre-paid raffle 6 years ago.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #181
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:

Not if we all mail in cash deposits
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #182
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Alot of gatherings and fests and weeks and what have you across the country are at the same spot every year. Large succussful ones at that.
Speaking of weeks.....
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote