Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Forced Induction

Old 06-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
airsoftsoldrecn9

Drives: Crispy
Heavily Fire Damaged STS Turbo System

I managed to salvage most of the Squires Turbo System pieces from my burned out '10 1SS. At one time I thought I might buy another car, clean-up and or fabricate new pieces to this kit; however sadly I have completely hung my hat on cars for the foreseeable future.

The piping and intercooler is all STS.
Both Turbochargers are Precision Turbo 5454 Models.
Wastegates are Tial MV-S 38mm (which are scrap metal).

The car was burned in an arson, while parked in my driveway. Obviously, things got quite hot. One turbocharger is frozen and the other turbocharger spins freely but has significant axial and radial play. Units would require full rebuilds, but I am not sure if the cartridges are salvageable or not. A hot tanking dip would give some better ideas of salvageability.

I realize this does not seem like much and many will scoff at the condition of everything, but with sandblasting, metalworking, fabrication, and coating I think somebody can walk away with a pretty inexpensive forced induction system. Turbochargers likely can be machined back to spec, and there are a couple of guys in Houston that might be able to do it for you.

If you are interested or have questions feel free to post or PM me. I am looking in a $650 range, but I am very willing to negotiate. Don't like it? Then just let me know what you are willing to pay, and I will counter or respectfully decline. I am not shy and I have no hard feelings; I like to haggle too.

All ready to ship to your door. I can probably do that for $200 - $250 in the continental US, depending on your location. If you want to try to haggle it into the price, by all means, give it a shot.

THANKS FOR TAKING A LOOK!

Last edited by airsoftsoldrecn9; 08-15-2017 at 04:01 PM. Reason: price and stuff
airsoftsoldrecn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:29 AM   #2
airsoftsoldrecn9

Drives: Crispy
bump
airsoftsoldrecn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
pyro449

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro 2 SS/RS
what did you end up making with your sts kit? and did you upgrade the turbos
Old 08-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
airsoftsoldrecn9