Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #1065
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsman34 View Post
Allright - did the fuse pull on my 91 octane fueled, 2011 LS3 and it did................drum roll please...........ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :(

It's mod time. This car is just waaaaaaay too slugish outta first gear and doesn't get sideways easily at all unless I'm mega high reving and dumping the clutch around a turn with stability and traction control off. I'm craving more speed, power, and torque and I only have 1200 miles on it. Dissapointing to say the least.
What are your 0-60 times?

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:18 AM   #1066
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsman34 View Post
PQ:

Nick Saban...nuff said about Alabama...JK

I've been thinking about the octane booster but not sure which brand or what is the best way to use it as I never have before.

any thoughts?

BTW, the cost of living and traffic in So Cal sucks but the weather and "scenery" unbeatable

I only dislike California for all the stupid rules they have that trickle out to the rest of us, and for Holywood.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #1067
CamaroSS24
Ford Convert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Yellow/RS pk
Can I be the total jerk here? If you don't know how to pull fuses, you shouldn't be driving a car with more than 97HP!!!

Great info guys, thanks for all the details. I'm pulling tonight and see what I get out of it
ORDERED: April 15, 2009 Est. Delivery: August, 2009?

CamaroSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #1068
Venom09

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Rally Yellow
I had thought since my car was built in March I was immune but now with this new info I have pulled the fuses tonight. Will update tomorrow.

BTW is it normal to hear a high pitched electronic whining noise after you pull them?
Venom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #1069
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom09 View Post
I had thought since my car was built in March I was immune but now with this new info I have pulled the fuses tonight. Will update tomorrow.

BTW is it normal to hear a high pitched electronic whining noise after you pull them?
Hmmm.

did you have the ignition on? or the keys in the ignition?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #1070
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Hmmm.

did you have the ignition on? or the keys in the ignition?
And how long did it last?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #1071
Venom09

No key or ignition.....lasted about 5 - 7 seconds.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #1072
PQ
Booooosted.

Not normal.

Did you smell anything or can you pinpoint the area it came from?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #1073
Venom09

no smell....sounded like it was coming from inside the car

You all have me freaked out now so I put the fuses back in (were out for just over 2 hours) and the car started fine, but I did hear the noise again after I shut the car off (tried it twice and got same result). Its not a loud beep and after hearing it again it is more like a ring....like when you hit a bell and it rings and slowly fades away.

any ideas?

Last edited by Venom09; 08-09-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #1074
cwalms

Drives: 2SS Red Jewel Tint
Send a message via Skype™ to cwalms
[QUOTE=

Did you ever time it?[/QUOTE]

No, I never timed it. I guess I should have, but with all the talk about the fuel tables and fuse pull I thought I'd give it a try. I know my dealer put cheap fuel in before I picked it up and I will say that after the fuse pull a couple nights ago, the car has more pep, for lack of a better word, but still idles a little rough.
cwalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #1075
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalms View Post
No, I never timed it. I guess I should have, but with all the talk about the fuel tables and fuse pull I thought I'd give it a try. I know my dealer put cheap fuel in before I picked it up and I will say that after the fuse pull a couple nights ago, the car has more pep, for lack of a better word, but still idles a little rough.
Sweet. Well, at the very least you know you're getting all the performance you are supposed to.

Quote:
no smell....sounded like it was coming from inside the car

You all have me freaked out now so I put the fuses back in (were out for just over 2 hours) and the car started fine, but I did hear the noise again after I shut the car off (tried it twice and got same result). Its not a loud beep and after hearing it again it is more like a ring....like when you hit a bell and it rings and slowly fades away.

any ideas?
I'd guess you'll be fine. Just keep an eye on it.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #1076
DanKage2000

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Wow im disappointed i have the LS3 always thought it was slow off the line so i came here reading about the fuse pull assuming the dealer put in the 87 octane I went out did both the battery disconnect and both fuses # 5 and # 20 pulled with 91 octane fuel . with over 400 hp one would think you could spin the tires if you wanted to. I CAN NOT no matter what i try T/C on T/C off stabilitrac on or off or both off in competition mode, still wont spin the tires from a dead stop ???????
DanKage2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #1077
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKage2000 View Post
Wow im disappointed i have the LS3 always thought it was slow off the line so i came here reading about the fuse pull assuming the dealer put in the 87 octane I went out did both the battery disconnect and both fuses # 5 and # 20 pulled with 91 octane fuel . with over 400 hp one would think you could spin the tires if you wanted to. I CAN NOT no matter what i try T/C on T/C off stabilitrac on or off or both off in competition mode, still wont spin the tires from a dead stop ???????
Well you wouldn't disconnect the battery and pull the fuse at the same time. That would accomplish absolutely nothing. And the fuse pull is not a magic cure all for all that may ail your camaro. All the fuse pull does is erase the current fuel map out of memory (kind of like rebooting your computer). When you power the ecu back up it goes through a learning process where it chooses the optimal fuel map based on what the engine sensors are telling it is happening. If you have high octane fuel it will use the high octane mappings. The problem was that if low octane fuel was used the engine would use the low octane maps to prevent knocking, and for reasons unknown the ecu would never bother to check to see if it could switch to the high octane fuel maps.

As for not being able to spin your tires, I don't know what to tell you. I don't know of any camaro V-6 or V-8 that has that problem. Wind that puppy up to 5K-5.5K and dump the clutch. You should easily be able to leave at least $50 in rubber on the ground.
Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #1078
3min3m2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SIM L-99
Yeah even with tc I've left black marks sometimes...

Maybe u have the super ultra sticky perrelis??j/k

Borla S type, Volant CAI.
3min3m2 is offline   Reply With Quote