Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-28-2018, 03:03 PM   #43
Bigdave18629

Drives: 2016 White 2SS Vert A8 Maggie S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
$500 for prepping and painting hood and spoiler. Also painted the bottom side of hood. There was a little extra charge because he had to special order the flake for it. It’s the mosaic and from what I hear it’s not the easiest thing to match. Brought him my fuel door so he could match.

The decals my sister in law made for me. If you’re interested she can make you whatever size, font, color, words you want and ship to you. If you want let me know and I’ll get you her email.
Thanks, and I think you got a great deal on the paint, it is great work! I seem to be stuck in limbo on what I want to do since my .......other orders fell through. This looks awesome.
Bigdave18629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #44
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdave18629 View Post
Thanks, and I think you got a great deal on the paint, it is great work! I seem to be stuck in limbo on what I want to do since my .......other orders fell through. This looks awesome.
I appreciate the kind words. This hood was the result of me waiting too long for mine from the other company too. And to be honest, I’m almost glad the other one fell through. I think this was a great deal.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:53 PM   #45
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Nice looks great man ultimately if my 6le stuff falls through ill probably just go with this hood. Appreciate you taking the time to post and inform everyone.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:46 AM   #46
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
Nice looks great man ultimately if my 6le stuff falls through ill probably just go with this hood. Appreciate you taking the time to post and inform everyone.
Thank you. And no problem. I like to try to give back any helpful information I may have, as I get a lot from these forums myself.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:06 AM   #47
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Looks great Buddy, Question: does that hood drop down before it gets to the cowl? Your inside pic seems like the visibility is the same as a stock hood.
I really wanted more of the "OLD SCHOOL" cowl look. Thanks. Still looks awsome!
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:43 AM   #48
Eyefixstuff

Here’s another pic from the side, might give you a better idea. The inside pic might be a bad angle or something, but it definitely sticks up a lot more from stock. Just not too much that visibility is still decent.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2018, 08:46 AM   #49
Eyefixstuff

It’s odd though. For some reason I’m the pictures, it looks smaller than it does in person. From the plastic piece that are where the wipers are to the top of the hood scoop is about 2 inches. The stock one is roughly flush with that piece.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:59 AM   #50
Eyefixstuff

Maybe this one will help.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #51
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
It’s odd though. For some reason I’m the pictures, it looks smaller than it does in person. From the plastic piece that are where the wipers are to the top of the hood scoop is about 2 inches. The stock one is roughly flush with that piece.
No, great, I'm seeing it now. It does like "old school" Just like your ability to post a pic straight up...LOL MY neck is killing me looking at you pics...lol.
If an old moron like me can post a straight pic, so can you...lol

OK, you fixed it and posted as I was typing, much better. REALLY LIKE IT NOW
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #52
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
No, great, I'm seeing it now. It does like "old school" Just like your ability to post a pic straight up...LOL MY neck is killing me looking at you pics...lol.
If an old moron like me can post a straight pic, so can you...lol

OK, you fixed it and posted as I was typing, much better. REALLY LIKE IT NOW
Lol sorry man. It won’t happen again! Glad you like it. It’s been turning a lot of heads.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #53
paleon

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
How's the texture of the hood right out of the box? I was wondering if simply wrapping it would suffice (without showing any weird textures/creases of the unprimed hood), instead of painting it as color matching can be quite a challenge at times (with the exception of yours!)

Quote:
Lol sorry man. It won’t happen again! Glad you like it. It’s been turning a lot of heads.
paleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:50 PM   #54
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleon View Post
How's the texture of the hood right out of the box? I was wondering if simply wrapping it would suffice (without showing any weird textures/creases of the unprimed hood), instead of painting it as color matching can be quite a challenge at times (with the exception of yours!)
Funny you say that because I almost wrapped mine because I was worried about the paint matching. The gel coat was damn near perfect. I do know that he primed it first but I’m assuming that would have been done anyways. But yea I do believe it was a good enough finish to be wrapped as is out of the box. At least mine was.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #55
paleon

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the reply. What color would you have planned to wrap it in if you actually decided to do the wrap route?

I’m contemplating a satin black, similar to that of the 1LE theme, although I’m not too sure how it’ll look like on a silver ice metallic car. I prefer the hood to be the same color of the car, but it’s hard to find a wrap that matches closely to the stock silver color.

Quote:
Funny you say that because I almost wrapped mine because I was worried about the paint matching. The gel coat was damn near perfect. I do know that he primed it first but I’m assuming that would have been done anyways. But yea I do believe it was a good enough finish to be wrapped as is out of the box. At least mine was.
paleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:37 PM   #56
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleon View Post
Thanks for the reply. What color would you have planned to wrap it in if you actually decided to do the wrap route?

I’m contemplating a satin black, similar to that of the 1LE theme, although I’m not too sure how it’ll look like on a silver ice metallic car. I prefer the hood to be the same color of the car, but it’s hard to find a wrap that matches closely to the stock silver color.
I was going to do the hood satin black. But if I did that I would also do the spoiler satin as well. I think your car would look pretty badass if you have a couple other pieces that were also black. Somewhere a while ago I saw a silver one with black hood, wheels, spoiler, front splitter and it looked nasty.