Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 06:14 AM   #43
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
i think the 14 V6 front end looks much better then the previous. I like the non-RS tail lights, dont care for the RS ones. I also like the wheels that come on the 1LS that I ended up buying, they are much nicer then then steelies from the previous.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
Old 03-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #44
InsanityStrikesAgain

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS - 14 Silverado Z71 LTZ
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i personally love my 14 tailights/RS Package and all...but i also like the 10-13's...i'm a Camaro fan of any year, makes no sense knocking someone else's personal taste because it does not fit your own...there are dodge and ford owners that aren't as lucky as us! lol any Camaro is a great Camaro IMO.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:08 AM   #45
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
I am sure this argument was had between the 69 to 70 model year Camaros owners. Or the Gen 4 Camaro refresh in '98. Time will tell if one style holds up better to time.

I personally love the 69 over the 70 by a wide margin.

For me the 93 - 97 Gen 4 Camaro is a ton better looking than the later years. Cleaner and when slightly modded so evil looking. The later ones just seemed kind of awkward and not as sleek.

10-13 to me is a classic shape. Like many I fell in love and bought my first Camaro ever because of the original Gen 5 shape. I saw the concept car and went to every nearby dealership to find an allocation once I learned they were building it. When the ZL1 came out it made me want to upgrade. If the current '14 design had been my out at the time I bought I would be driving a GT500 now. I gave up 82hp because the 12-13 ZL1 made the GT500 look ugly.

Again just my personal preference.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
Old 03-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #46
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocasanova View Post
I swear all the 14 hate is by people with older models mad they don't have a new one so they have to find something to hate on.
No, it's not that. It's the taillights and the hood.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #47
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawirocket674 View Post
The host has the most annoying voice! Good clip on the 14, but still glad I have the 13.
I agree that his voice is annoying to listen to, so much that despite wanting to hear everything I can related to the 5th gen Camaro, I clicked out of the video after the Acura part b/c I couldn't FF the vid.

As far as functional goes, well that's great but that's the equivalent of an girl w/ a great personality that you aren't attracted to. Call me shallow all day if it makes you happy, but if there's no attraction personality doesn't matter.

I know many of you love your '14's and rock on. It's not my intention of bashing anyones car, but I'm just not feeling the new style. I feel very safe saying publicly, if anything happened to my 12, God forbid, I probably would not replace her w/ a 2014. I personally think the '14 is too cartoonish and lost the sexiness that made the 5th gen hot. From the redic trumpeted exhaust pipes, the lame boomerang looking spoiler, the schrunchy nose and of course the tail lights. Sure I understand the intention of the 14 tail lights are also a throwback style wise, that doesn't mean it flows well w/ the design. LED's are a nice idea but it seems like it was a throw in, not that it was intended. I can take it or leave it, I prefer my aftermarket afterburner tails anyway.

I think that since the Corvette abandoned the round tail lights, the designers for the gen 6 should take a look at a round style tail light.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured

Last edited by Frank in MD; 03-19-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #48
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
It's pretty obvious 10-13' MY owners like their car and 14' MY owners prefer their cars.
What I don't get is why each group continually need to defend or try and degrade the other?
Don't we get that enough from other Mfgs car owners?

At the end of the day the guy that owns the model year "he owns" has the best looking one.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:02 AM   #49
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
The fact of the matter is the '14 looks cooler so if you've got an older one, you've got to rationalize away the less efficient nose and the Malibu-esque tail lights.
Unless you just honestly believe that the front looks like a squinty angry asian and the taillights look bad. But thats just my opinion. I can swap bumpers and taillights if I wanted to but I actually like mine better.

Theres no fact at all about anything looking cooler, thats opinion my friend.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #50
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
I am sure this argument was had between the 69 to 70 model year Camaros owners. Or the Gen 4 Camaro refresh in '98. Time will tell if one style holds up better to time.

I personally love the 69 over the 70 by a wide margin.

For me the 93 - 97 Gen 4 Camaro is a ton better looking than the later years. Cleaner and when slightly modded so evil looking. The later ones just seemed kind of awkward and not as sleek.

10-13 to me is a classic shape. Like many I fell in love and bought my first Camaro ever because of the original Gen 5 shape. I saw the concept car and went to every nearby dealership to find an allocation once I learned they were building it. When the ZL1 came out it made me want to upgrade. If the current '14 design had been my out at the time I bought I would be driving a GT500 now. I gave up 82hp because the 12-13 ZL1 made the GT500 look ugly.

Again just my personal preference.
I may be biased, but I think many years down the road the 2010-13 will be the most collectible. The first iteration of a design is usually the best. Rarely is a warmed over design an improvement. The only instances I can think of is where the orginial design had some glaring flaws that were corrected. The 2010 Camaro certainly had no glaring flaws. It was a masterpiece!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #51
Bigdog@Reno,NV

Drives: 2014 ZL1 SIM
I have a 2014 ZL1 on order and that huge rear diffuser is a problem for me. I'm either going to paint it body color or wrap it in carbon fiber. I am putting one piece forged Lexani's in all carbon fiber on it so it would probably look like it "fit's" done that way.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #52
El Rey

Drives: 2014 Blua Ray Metallic 1lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
I may be biased, but I think many years down the road the 2010-13 will be the most collectible. The first iteration of a design is usually the best. Rarely is a warmed over design an improvement. The only instances I can think of is where the orginial design had some glaring flaws that were corrected. The 2010 Camaro certainly had no glaring flaws. It was a masterpiece!
I think you're wrong on that. Considering 10-13 was made for 4 model years and 14-15 will only have 2 to get cars out on the road. There will be a a whole lot less of the current bodystyle produced making it more collectible. (probably)
Old 03-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #53
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannsiam View Post
Love my 2014. I am one of the few I guess that think the rear tail lights look good. The stance on the 14 looks mean also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
No your not. I love the 14' refresh also.
A lot of people do, we're just tired of arguing with owners of 13's, it's a waste of time, they like theirs we like ours.
+1
Old 03-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #54
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
The only thing I don't like about the 2014 is the rear defuser. It is black and goes half way up the bumper to the middle where the license plate goes. On any other color but black it sticks out like a sore thumb.
it looks good on an Ashen Gray car too...tho I might be a little bias...
Attached Images

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
Old 03-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #55
CaliDave

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to CaliDave
No like. no buy. I like my car you like your car. I won't talk bad about your car don't talk about mine.
If only it was that simple. Drive on people. Use your blinkers
Old 03-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #56
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Ya....explain all you want. Can't save the disaster of a refresh.

Closed Thread