Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-02-2020, 09:00 AM   #7673
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
C8 Z06 is going to be forced induction. That is where I'd put my money. I mean, why go backwards?
This is where the conversation gets above my paygrade, but I would have to say if they have a certain power figure they want to meet while being NA then a DOHC FPC engine might be the only way to get it because they are going to have to spin it to the moon. A DOHC FPC engine might be the only way to get that because larger displacement engines from what I understand have a harder time passing cold start emissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Ford needs to retire that entire chassis and start over.
Wouldn't be the worst idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Why would GM benchmark an out of production N/A, FPC V8 car if it wasn’t N/A? It’s not like the GT2 has a particularly interesting powertrain.

I don’t consider the C7 Z06 a step forward. That car was a major step backwards. If the C8 Z06 is N/A, it’s correcting a mistake that never should have been made.
GM benchmarks alot of cars, I am sure performance wise whatever variant of C8 we see regardless of what powers it will be an absolute performer.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:22 AM   #7674
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Why would GM benchmark an out of production N/A, FPC V8 car if it wasn’t N/A? It’s not like the GT2 has a particularly interesting powertrain.

I don’t consider the C7 Z06 a step forward. That car was a major step backwards. If the C8 Z06 is N/A, it’s correcting a mistake that never should have been made.
Because, corvette Z06 needs to be NA... read this.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/10...e-grand-sport/
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:27 PM   #7675
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I would agree. Had this article come out a while ago, I would have guessed they were sharing some bits with Cadillac and the Blackwing. And just about every other publication is saying the same as you, so just thought it was odd MT said something vastly different.

A few points tho

1. I know the C8.R requires the engine to go into production cars, but that is where I get a little confused because didn't the previous C7R, C6R use a 5.5 LT based engine? So couldn't GM use a smaller displacement version of the engine in a production car?

2. I agree i hear FPC and don't hear turbos but then again I don't really hear turbos on a lot of turbo cars until its been modified lol.

Yeah what a waste that was.

To be fair to Cadillac, while tge CT6V may no longer be made there will be a CT5V Blackwing made and coming at some point in the coming months.
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #7676
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
To be fair to Cadillac, while tge CT6V may no longer be made there will be a CT5V Blackwing made and coming at some point in the coming months.
I thought the CT5Blackwings were going to LT4s lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 10-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #7677
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I thought the CT5Blackwings were going to LT4s lol
Just in case you're not joking....
CT5: 2.0T
CT5-V: 3.0TT
CT5 Blackwing: 6.2SC
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #7678
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Just in case you're not joking....
CT5: 2.0T
CT5-V: 3.0TT
CT5 Blackwing: 6.2SC
This ^

And trying to keep up with this stupid naming structures at cadillac got me like

Old 10-02-2020, 03:50 PM   #7679
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Cadillac ruined a well established and well known naming convention for what perfectly fits in the world today with an - up is down, blackwing is not blackwing naming convention.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 03:57 PM   #7680
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I'm now thinking:
GS - NA FPC
Z06 - TT FPC
ZR1 - hybrid TT FPC

The Tesla Plaid just did a 1:30 at Laguna. Z06 had better fly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
C8 Z06 is going to be forced induction. That is where I'd put my money. I mean, why go backwards?
Quote:
Why would GM benchmark an out of production N/A, FPC V8 car if it wasn’t N/A? It’s not like the GT2 has a particularly interesting powertrain. ....
I think it goes a little something like this....
  • Stingray: 6.2L NA 495 hp; standard body
  • GS: 6.2L NA 495 hp, Hybrid enabled AWD for total of 600+ hp; widebody
  • Z06: 5.5L NA 650 hp; widebody
  • ZR1: 5.5TT 750 hp; widebody
  • Zora: 5.5TT Hybrid enabled AWD 1,000+ net hp, widebody

The GT2 was benchmarked because it was the top of the line available for purchase when the serious track development work started. Remember, development begins years before you ever see a spy shot of a camouflaged mule. They have to roll with what they can get their hands on. The GM Engineers are astute enough to know that the car that will be on the street when Z06 lands will be an improvement over the one they were using.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 10-03-2020, 03:31 AM   #7681
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:

The GT2 was benchmarked because it was the top of the line available for purchase when the serious track development work started. Remember, development begins years before you ever see a spy shot of a camouflaged mule. They have to roll with what they can get their hands on. The GM Engineers are astute enough to know that the car that will be on the street when Z06 lands will be an improvement over the one they were using.
That looks like the leaked engine spec sheet info. What do you know that we don't, James? We know you have connections?
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:25 PM   #7682
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
That looks like the leaked engine spec sheet info. What do you know that we don't, James? We know you have connections?
I know a guy at IHS Markit that forecasts this stuff. Oh, wait.... that's me.

Old 10-03-2020, 05:38 PM   #7683
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
I know a guy at IHS Markit that forecasts this stuff. Oh, wait.... that's me.
Haha!

ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #7684
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Interesting as far as the GS being hybrid, seems like that would make it more of a street car vs the Z06 but maybe not any less expensive and power/acceleration may be comparable or even better from a dig with the GS having AWD.

Seems like a good idea, maybe more of a lower end version of the Zora than a lower end version of the Z06.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:33 AM   #7685
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Interesting as far as the GS being hybrid, seems like that would make it more of a street car vs the Z06 but maybe not any less expensive and power/acceleration may be comparable or even better from a dig with the GS having AWD.

Seems like a good idea, maybe more of a lower end version of the Zora than a lower end version of the Z06.
That's exactly as I saw it, interesting approach, I like it!

Very interesting Corvette line-up, of course it remains to be seen, but I think GM is revolutionizing the super-car market with these offerings.

Please oh please find a way to put a manual in this thing GM!
Old 10-05-2020, 07:44 AM   #7686
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
AWD Hybrid GS - sacrilege...
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote