Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #29
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
So it changes colors with the rest of ambient lighting or just turns on with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #30
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
But does it change color with the rest of the car? i know we can add a single color and it will work, N.P. but to get the same as the rest of the car, it will not do. here is how it works, there are left and right LED, and when we opened them up the where all controlled on a BUS with a chip that told them what color the rest of the ABL was on, and to do the show mode they fire from the controller and are told what color the need to be at that moment.
They are RGB LED strips and they were in sync with the doors and the my link back light. He's coming down this weekend so ill have him explain exactly how he did it, or if he can take out the glove box to show me. In my opinion they should just be rgh leds in doors and the box is a led controller, nothing spectacular there. as long as RGB leds
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #31
chris227

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
They are RGB LED strips and they were in sync with the doors and the my link back light. He's coming down this weekend so ill have him explain exactly how he did it, or if he can take out the glove box to show me. In my opinion they should just be rgh leds in doors and the box is a led controller, nothing spectacular there. as long as RGB leds
He told me he wired each color led wire individual to the controller. said it was simple and if he has enough time this weekend, were going to take out the controller to take pics. I dont have the lighting package, so i'm unable to do it. but am now considering buying the the door kit as long as it comes with everything i need. I'm assuming i need the led controller box behind the glove box?
Old 02-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #32
chris227

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
He told me he wired each color led wire individual to the controller. said it was simple and if he has enough time this weekend, were going to take out the controller to take pics. I dont have the lighting package, so i'm unable to do it. but am now considering buying the the door kit as long as it comes with everything i need. I'm assuming i need the led controller box behind the glove box?
He wouldn't let me see how he did it when i told him i wanted to post about it. I think he is planning on charging at his shop to do it for others. IDK pissed me off. But i understand he wants to profit off it.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:06 AM   #33
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Like i said there are only 3 wires on this car for the controls, so dont see how you can run RGB strip.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:07 PM   #34
chris227

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Like i said there are only 3 wires on this car for the controls, so dont see how you can run RGB strip.
I have no idea. Not a electrical person. But I saw the strips in action on his car. Color synced as well. I keep sending him text badgering him about it. I think I'm going to get the door lighting kit and I would like to have the footwells work in combo as well so I really want him to explain it. I do know it's wired internal in that black box thing. He told me that. If I buy the door kit chevy sells will I get that lighting module box? Since I currently don't have the lighting package?
Old 02-25-2016, 05:05 PM   #35
Luigi91

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I have extremely poor output from the GM footwell lights. Can barely see any of the light. Did you experience the same results?
Luigi91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:36 AM   #36
Mud Z06

Drives: Car
still no pics.
Mud Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #37
rdowty

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Thanks to the instructions posted here ive finished installing the footwell lighting. I'd like to say that I'm impressed but like someone else already said they're not very bright and probably not worth the time or money even as a DYI.
rdowty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #38
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi91 View Post
I have extremely poor output from the GM footwell lights. Can barely see any of the light. Did you experience the same results?
No i see them, only late at night with no moon or city lights then there good, but in a big city not much light out put.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:59 PM   #39
HumanWiki

I'm having a hard time locating these.. I see two circular white leds inserted in to recesses under each footwell, but they do not color change and they only come on when the door opens. They stay the same whiteish color that overhead LEDs do.

Is there something wrong with mine?
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:01 PM   #40
Luigi91

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I'm having a hard time locating these.. I see two circular white leds inserted in to recesses under each footwell, but they do not color change and they only come on when the door opens. They stay the same whiteish color that overhead LEDs do.

Is there something wrong with mine?
They are separate LED's next to the white ones. This is an added feature though, did you order it?
Luigi91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:24 PM   #41
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi91 View Post
They are separate LED's next to the white ones. This is an added feature though, did you order it?
Yes, my two options were S0J body colored hood vents and S0O -- footwell lighting.

I only see the small white LEDs and don't see anything else that's a light underthere, though I do see some rectangular looking slots near these white ones.

(just looked at the pic of my window sticker --- Footwell Lighting Package (Dealer Installed) --- is right there in the options sections, so I'm supposed to have it..

There aren't any settings right? It's just tied in to the power and data portion of the lighting controller and follows the other ABL coloring?
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:38 PM   #42
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
i think the color changing is a completely separate option that can be included without footwell lighting. Look for
C70 - Lighting, interior spectrum

you need that for color changing.

EDIT: if you can't find your rpo codes on the door, try the underside of the trunk bottom cover. Or inside glovebox. They seem to be putting it in random locations.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote